cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Did AISuite3 install Intel XTU on my Ryzen system?

akb88
Level 7
So I suddenly started to get BSODs when gaming in particular. Ran Driver Verifier to see if it was a driver acting up since a mini dump analysis revealed nothing and sure enough the Verifier came back with a BSOD indicating the "iocbios2.sys" driver. Never heard of it but Google told me that it was related to the Intel XTU program which I don't have since I have a Ryzen based system. But I did find an Intel folder in my Program Files with an XTU folder inside that and there was the driver file present. Further investigating of log files and Google came up with the "Integrated Clock Controller Service" from Intel which an article I found that this service often came with various software made by motherboard manufactures such as Gigabyte. So I wonder, the only thing I have from Asus that would require any sort of Clock control would be AI Suite. Is that really putting that crappy XTU on my PC without my permission ?
I require that program for fan control, for some reason Speedfan never works on my ASUS boards.
0 REPLIES 0