Did you mean: 

Delete

KILLER_K
Level 10
delete
8 REPLIES 8

1mluer
Level 11
I have bad news.. Window is jacked now and that service will never run. I had to completely reinstall windows to get anything working again. the aura service will not start on it's own or be recognized by Crate now. I did everything including calling ASUS and they said it's either my motherboard "yeah right" or windows has corrupt registry of which couldn't be fixed.

I reloaded windows and everything magically started recognizing things again. It's still not 100% so I went back to Lighting_Control 1..07.71, aisuite III and live dash.. it's working but there is still some manual intervention right after a cold boot where I have to restart the Lighting Service in Services to get it working. After that, every warm boot restart starts on it's own.
InWin 909 Silver RGB build
i9-10900k
ROG Maximus XII Apex
ROG Matrix 2080 ti
Gskill Trident Royal 4400 16g

Everything overclocked and love it.
ROG Awesomeness !!!!

KILLER_K
Level 10
I had it working the first time. But installed Asus Suite 3 to test it and see what had been added or changed. I then removed it and after that, it all went downhill. I honestly could have rerun windows OS in a few minutes to get around this. But you shouldn't have to do this for a software issue. I'm still not sure what they don't have a full installer for all the Asus software. Where you can just select the software you want removed or remove all and start back over.

It seems to be like the service isn't being added so it can start. It is what it is though.

Re
Level 10
You mixed both Softwares together Crate and Aura sync. Both has his own lightingservice/Auraservice. probably you has overwritten the Aura service from Crate. Uninstall Aura sync and Aura services in apps. Normally Crate should reconize that Aura service is not installed and prompt the update but the asus servers are slow took 60 min for me.*

KILLER_K
Level 10
Everything has been 100% cleaned. The Armoury Crate you get off Asus's site states it is out of date needs to be updated as it is old. I have cleaned program files, registry, and services. After you click on the small 350kb installer it doesn't find anything that needs to be installed. It just starts normally and that is it. There is nothing to control, the lights within it and it doesn't see anything to download to fix it.

The Armoury Crate isn't even listed in add and remove. This software is just plain trash. It is so sad to see stuff like this happen in 2019

Re
Level 10
is the armoury crate service running?
the little exe file just installs a old version of crate right but this doesnt matter cuz it will update over ms store. the thing what it installs is rogliveservices and armourycrateservices. If u install the crate from ms store directly it wont install these service just this little tool will install these. dont know why asus did this.

KILLER_K
Level 10
The problem is/was the Windows Store was installing the Armoury Crate as well. I finally got rid of that and now it has installed properly. But it states I need a device driver to make it work. I will mess with it later on. We need a Super Asus Software uninstaller and registry cleaner though.

Sync now shows back up. But it will not see my motherboard though. so, I'm still stuck at that part but it is there now.

It is like going 1 step forward and 20 backward with this software. As of right now, it will not update my motherboard

Mods can delete this whole thread. Hopefully, in 2050 it will be ready when Half-Life 3 will be.

KILLER_K wrote:
The problem is/was the Windows Store was installing the Armoury Crate as well. I finally got rid of that and now it has installed properly. But it states I need a device driver to make it work. I will mess with it later on. We need a Super Asus Software uninstaller and registry cleaner though.

Sync now shows back up. But it will not see my motherboard though. so, I'm still stuck at that part but it is there now.

It is like going 1 step forward and 20 backward with this software. As of right now, it will not update my motherboard

Mods can delete this whole thread. Hopefully, in 2050 it will be ready when Half-Life 3 will be.

for the mainboard issue u need todo a cmos clear and it will work again*

KILLER_K
Level 10
I have cleared the CMOS numerous times. Rolled back bios and also tried that. Just did a fresh install of windows and the MS store jumped right on in for the install. Finished the install and it doesn't see the board. The bad part is half of my board color if different from my ram. It is rather annoying. I really wished they didn't add Armoury Crate to the store. That was a very bad mistake. As the store just basically takes over installs and does whatever it wants now.