cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot save the file on ASUS laptop

harpope23
Level 7
Hello community. Are there members who use Microsoft PowerPoint Office?
I was given a .ppt format file to do a simple change. But PowerPoint won't let me save to .ppt. After saving the file this error message occurred:
Cannot save the file
Also
PowerPoint Not Responding
The version of office is Microsoft Office 2013.
Windows 10
ASUS High Performance 15.6" FHD 1080p Flagship Laptop AMD A10

Is anybody able to help with this please?
6 REPLIES 6

JustinThyme
Level 13
This sounds more like a Microsoft PPT issue and the file you were given.
You woud be better served searching Microsoft forums.
First thing I would do though it try and save that file without changes then open it and make changes.
If thats a no go then try openinng PPT and just make a random file and save it.
If that doesnt work then your PPT probably needs to be updated or reinstalled.

The only time Ive had issues like this is when someone with a newer version of ppt creates the file then someone with an older version tries to work with it. MS is good about newer versions being able to manipulate older files but not so much with older versions being able to manipulate newer files.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

xeromist
Sadly Justin this is probably a precursor to spam. No longer content with posting non-sequiturs in legitimate threads they have started posting their own questions in the ASUS software section so they can answer them with spam links.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

JustinThyme,
Thanks for your detailed answer.

Couple of things:
Change the extension to xxx.pptx; see if that helps.
Try uploading it to google docs if you have that or install Libre Office and see if that will open it.
You can find more detailed information here: powerpoint recovery

1.Open Windows File Explorer (Open Start in Windows and type File Explorer.)
2. Locate the problematic file on your computer.
3. Right-click the file and select Properties.
4. In the Properties dialog box, look for an Unblock button near the bottom right. If it exists, click Unblock, then click Apply, and then click OK to dismiss the dialog box.
The Properties dialog box with the Unblock command
5. Now, attempt to open the presentation again. Right-click the file in File Explorer and select Open.
For any issues related Microsoft Office product and services contact Microsoft Support and get help by experts immediately.
This guide will walk you through PowerPoint file recovery the process.

Mack023
Level 9

I have fixed my problem by saving the file to a new PowerPoint presentation.