cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't open asio.sys (5) Fresh windows 10 installed

nitinvaid20
Level 7
I just downloaded the latest build of windows 10 after installing ASUS Z370-F Gaming Drivers i am getting this error at startup
can't open asio.sys (5)
https://prnt.sc/osn9ia
16 REPLIES 16

I chalk this up to poor instructions on the ASUS downloads site...

This error is related to installation of ASUS AI Suite 3 versions before .52 and Windows 10 (as far as I know only Windows 10). I make no guarantees that this will work for you or that there is not another way, but this is what I did to fix the problem.

When downloading AI Suite, you have to first identify your motherboard. I am not positive if there are different versions of the program for each motherboard, but just in case there are, go through that process to find the Utilities download section for your motherboard.

There is an updated files that call itself ASUS AI Suite 3 vers. xx.52 but it is only an updater as far as AI Suite is concerned and if you run it on its own, without an earlier version of AI Suite installed already, it only installs two other programs in the suite and not the one used for overclocking.

In the same Utilities software list, you will find the xx.51 version of AI Suite as well. This has ALL the software. I installed that one first. (be careful... there are several "setup.exe" "AsusSetup.exe" files. I used the "AsusSetup.exe" after I uncompressed the files each time). Afterwards I rebooted and though AI Suite's overclocking program was not installed (finally), I go the all too familiar ASio.sys (5) can't be opened or found error.

THEN I installed the xx.52 version that appears to not be the entire AI Suite 3. After a reboot, this error was gone.

I was able to fix the can't open asio.sys (5),.. I'm running Windows 10 64-Bit.

I used System Restore, and went back to before installing Asus A1 Suite, then installed Ver. 3.00.36 and checked all box's, after rebooting I had the can't open asio.sys (5) box,.. then went bask to Asus site and installed the ver 52 update.

With the first install ( ver .36 ) the EZ Update, and USB BIOS Flashback does not work!,.. that is why I was getting the error at startup, after installing update ver 52 you only have two options to check which is the EZ Update and USB BIOS Flashback, I checked both box's, installed update,.. and all is good now.

Hope this helps

I had this problem before 2 times. Thanks to Asus we are expert on finding a way. Anyway below is my solution which works well.

Download the latest aura and just install the lightning updates. Probably there is a crash between Ai Suite and Aura drivers.

Ps. I am now travelling maybe I gave wrong file info when I return back I will update this answer.

Riverdog64 wrote:

This error is related to installation of ASUS AI Suite 3 versions before .52 and Windows 10 (as far as I know only Windows 10). I make no guarantees that this will work for you or that there is not another way, but this is what I did to fix the problem.

When downloading AI Suite, you have to first identify your motherboard. I am not positive if there are different versions of the program for each motherboard, but just in case there are, go through that process to find the Utilities download section for your motherboard.

There is an updated files that call itself ASUS AI Suite 3 vers. xx.52 but it is only an updater as far as AI Suite is concerned and if you run it on its own, without an earlier version of AI Suite installed already, it only installs two other programs in the suite and not the one used for overclocking.

In the same Utilities software list, you will find the xx.51 version of AI Suite as well. This has ALL the software. I installed that one first. (be careful... there are several "setup.exe" "AsusSetup.exe" files. I used the "AsusSetup.exe" after I uncompressed the files each time). Afterwards I rebooted and though AI Suite's overclocking program was not installed (finally), I go the all too familiar ASio.sys (5) can't be opened or found error.

THEN I installed the xx.52 version that appears to not be the entire AI Suite 3. After a reboot, this error was gone.

Hi thanks for the post, this worked perfectly for me.

Riverdog64 wrote:

This also worked for me.

I had this issue & fixed it the following way.
Go to the specific motherboard 'Driver & Tools' page & download from 'Software and Utility' the latest AI Suite & latest Ez Update (AIS V3.00.51 & EZU v3.00.11 at time of writing) installers.
Install AI Suite & reboot
Install Ez Upate

Hope it works for you, cheers.

Rewerend
Level 9
Hey I just fixed that ASio.sys creepy window....fresh install didn´t helped but uninstall all software from AiSuite except DIP5 make it work again without that annoying box...
I hope that could help others, rest of the SW are not so usefull anyway. But I need AiSuite for my Ryujin 360.

Cheers.