cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can Aura configure the lighting of Corsair products?

NewVoids
Level 7
Hello everyone,

I'm pretty new to this forum and have not yet bought any Asus products. However, I am building an RGB build and I am wondering if this RGB corsair memory (http://www.corsair.com/en-us/vengeance-rgb-16gb-2-x-8gb-ddr4-dram-2666mhz-c16-memory-kit-cmr16gx4m2a...) can have its lighting configured with Asus Aura.
I didn't think it could (because it's a different company) until I saw someone say that some corsair products do work with Asus Aura.

Thank you!*
48 REPLIES 48

TYCHE wrote:
I tried beta version with my CMR16GX4M2C3200C16 and my Crosshair 6 Hero. Aura detected my rams but when I tried chage my ram color, my motherboard lights disappeared. The beta version didn't work with my system.

Please try to uninstalled and reinstalled the beta version.

NeoPlex wrote:
may I have a question? Music effect is supported by Corsair technologies?

Yes the music effect should work with the corsair memory. Are you having problem?
And don't forget, Keep pushing it !

AkaNe@Asus wrote:
Thanks, spec detail added.

For Color Cycle and Breathing effect, it's "normal" those effect do not work on the Corsair memory. This is due to the technology they use that is not compatible.

However I have reported the issue for flash and dash and that unsync the memory makes the effect smoother.

Thanks for the video. Can you tell me exactly which effects have the lags? We've already noted that the wave effect need to be adjusted.

Watch this one, im showing every effect on AURA and how it works. Theres a lagg on most effects, just 2 is working good.
Hope i can help with the video.

Thanks!

H270F Strix
GTX 1080ti Strix Rog OC
i7 7700k
Corsair vegeance kit RGB 16GB 2666mhz
Corsair H80i v2
HDD 2TB SDD 240GB
Windows 10 LTSB.

msvinifk wrote:
Watch this one, im showing every effect on AURA and how it works. Theres a lagg on most effects, just 2 is working good.
Hope i can help with the video.

Thanks!

Question, do you have any other lighting sorfware installed and running?

For Breathe and Color cycling, it's normal the memory kit do not work properly. This is due to a technical hardware limitation of the Corsair memory.

AkaNe@Asus wrote:
Question, do you have any other lighting sorfware installed and running?

For Breathe and Color cycling, it's normal the memory kit do not work properly. This is due to a technical hardware limitation of the Corsair memory.

Yes, i have the CorsairLink, but i tried with and without it. But, the beta is still lagging here. The music and Rainbow is not working good. I really like those effects, so if u can fix both will be perfect.
Also, the CorsairLink is uninstalled from my pc atm. and the AURA keeps lagging.
About Breathing and Cycle, ok.

Thanks.
H270F Strix
GTX 1080ti Strix Rog OC
i7 7700k
Corsair vegeance kit RGB 16GB 2666mhz
Corsair H80i v2
HDD 2TB SDD 240GB
Windows 10 LTSB.

Can't say I hoped we would get a beta version and certaintly not this fast. Im happy :).
Did some quick testing, most of it seems to work fine.

2 problems I found are:
when on "breating" RAM LED's are tuned off and don't work.
when on "color cycle" RAM stays in it's last color and doesn't cycle.

Scarlok wrote:
Can't say I hoped we would get a beta version and certaintly not this fast. Im happy :).
Did some quick testing, most of it seems to work fine.

2 problems I found are:
when on "breating" RAM LED's are tuned off and don't work.
when on "color cycle" RAM stays in it's last color and doesn't cycle.

Due to some technical specifications of the Corsair memory kit, the breathing and color cycle do not work in AURA.

AlexGS wrote:
Hey guys, sorry to bother but, at what speed are you running your CMR16GX4M2C3000C15 on the Mobo ROG B350-F ? As this memory is not listed on the QVL im worried it will not run at full speed. At least I would like it to run at 2933Mhz

For Memory compatibility issues you might want to create a topic directly in the Motherboards Z370 sub-section.

Huski wrote:
Using Corsair CMR16GX4M2C3600C18 and it appears to work fine with this software. Haven’t been able to fully test it yet as there is compatibility issues with my ASUS mboards and software.

Thanks for trying out the beta version. The issue will be fix in the new release of AURA.

I've been keeping my eye on this thread for a while and have also been trying out the beta build. Thank you for pushing this build for us!

The main issue I have found is that the corsair memory LEDs do not turn off when my PC enters sleep mode when "OFF" in the shut down settings is selected.
The LEDs on my Asus Z720-E MB and Strix GTX 1080 GPU both turn off as expected, but the RAM unfortunately stays lit.
My RAM Is the CMR16GX4M2C3000C15 kit.

Most of the other effects seem to work fine apart from breathing and colour cycle thanks to a hardware limitation, as mentioned.
However, shouldn't colour cycle be possible to implement?
The colour cycle mode in the Rainbow tab works as expected and is visually quite similar in that it cycles between the colours.

It'd also be great to have the option to control two or more sticks of RAM as one item in the rainbow sequence rather than have each stick act individually, but that's not really an issue with the AURA software itself.

It would be nice if Aura would allow you to exclude detected items from its control. I'm just starting my build so not even close to starting it up, but I have the Corsair Vengeance 64GB kit CMR64GX4M8X3600C18 and have (so far) 4 LL140 and 3 LL120 Corsair fans. I also have the Corsair Commander and was planning on controlling at least the fans with that. If Aura can control the RAM reliably I'll be happy to let the MB control it. My RGB water pump/reservoir (Enermax) supposedly can have its RGB controlled by Aura, but the Thermaltake RGB hard tube fittings are only 256 colors and require their own controller. I may be in for an interesting process...

Hey guys,

I spent several hours of installing and uninstalling and cleaning Aura versions but finally, using the Beta mentioned above, I was able to have the color cycle effect... Kind of.

After my third or fourth attempt of reinstalling the beta version, once the installation finished, instead of restarting the PC, I selected to restart later, then everything blinked and all of a sudden, everything was on a color cycle, even my Corsair RAM (CMR16GX4M2C3000C15). Later on I decided to restart the system to see if the color cycle was there ... and it was!. It's worth to mention that at this point, I didn't open Aura SW at all, it was like the default option.

Then I decided to test it on Aura, and as soon as I hit Color Cycle, the RAM stopped working 😛 ...

Anyway, just wanted to share this with you, maybe for someone that is looking exactly for the color cycle, this may be helpful 🙂 ... Also I could recommend the Raindow effect, which using it with the fastest speed, it looks 99% as the color cycle effect 😛

AlexGS wrote:
Hey guys,

I spent several hours of installing and uninstalling and cleaning Aura versions but finally, using the Beta mentioned above, I was able to have the color cycle effect... Kind of.

After my third or fourth attempt of reinstalling the beta version, once the installation finished, instead of restarting the PC, I selected to restart later, then everything blinked and all of a sudden, everything was on a color cycle, even my Corsair RAM (CMR16GX4M2C3000C15). Later on I decided to restart the system to see if the color cycle was there ... and it was!. It's worth to mention that at this point, I didn't open Aura SW at all, it was like the default option.

Then I decided to test it on Aura, and as soon as I hit Color Cycle, the RAM stopped working 😛 ...

Anyway, just wanted to share this with you, maybe for someone that is looking exactly for the color cycle, this may be helpful 🙂 ... Also I could recommend the Raindow effect, which using it with the fastest speed, it looks 99% as the color cycle effect 😛

Thanks for your experience sharing. I confirm that the Corsair memory kit 2x8GB will be working in the upcoming AURA software version and will be a more stable version than the BETA.

However, due to DRAM EC specifications, the Corsair Vengeance RGB DRAM LED’s will turn off during Breathing and Color Cycle effects. I have requested to add the option to control the DRAM by areas in static mode during those effects.