cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[BUG] Asus GPU Tweak refresh rate setting

Melkor
Level 7
Hello,

Bug is present in newest version (GPUTweak 2.7.9.0) as seen at http://www.asus.com/Graphics_Cards/ROG_MATRIXGTX780TIP3GD5/HelpDesk_Download/ and in any past version I used, too.

By default I can choose my display refresh rate at 60Hz, 100Hz, 110Hz, 120Hz and 144Hz (Asus VG278HE) so probably You must be an owner of at least 120Hz panel.

To reproduce my issue simply save to profile any overclock setting, doesn't matter if You hide display refresh rate bar in advanced mode or not and then change Your resolution to another - in my case change from 144Hz to 120Hz via Nvidia control panel. Now load Your saved profile - GPU Tweak change refresh rate to the one used while saving profile - that is 144Hz (even if You hide display refresh rate option) - not big deal BUT from now You can't see or set any other refresh rate than 144Hz via Nvidia control panel or using Windows screen resolution panel. To get rid of this bug I'm forced to uninstall GPU Tweak and reboot so things are back to normal.

Yesterday after I experienced again bug mentioned above I tried using GPU Tweak to switch refresh rate to 120Hz and it made things worse - launching BF4 caused my PC to lock several times with black screen/artifacts after load screen and I'm pretty sure refresh rate was the cause and it persisted after unistall GPU Tweak/reinstall Geforce drivers with DDU/deleting BF4 config files and disabling Origin cloud. I gave up on looking for fix and decided to reinstall OS next day. I turned PC off and cleared CMOS. On next day I gave it one more try and luckily I can play without stuck again. Err... right.
2 REPLIES 2

nonanche92000
Level 7
Hi ,

I am a owner of an LG WEB OS TV , so i got the same issues when i am watchin some 24P blu ray movies ( True Motion ) and set my screen to a refresh rate of 23.95 Hz.

The trick to avoid GPU tweak being completly crazy with refresh rate issues is to set in first place , all you have to set in GPU Tweak (GPU clock , Mem clock and also fan speed don't touch the refresh rate in GPU tweak) ) you apply , and then , and only then , you can play with Nvidia control panel refresh rate , once you did what you had to do in NV control panel , don't go back to GPU tweak until you back to your native refresh rate with Nvidia C. Panel. first, also you don't need to play with GPU tweak refresh rate , just use nvcp for this .

Hope you understand what i mean , this worked for me for more than 2 years with my 670 DCU II.

Hope this will help you!

aimberg
Level 7
Hi guys I got ASUS RoG G750JW notebook and I tried to use latest Asus GPU Tweak to change my Refresh Rate but it doesnt seem to allow me ... Am I doing something wrong or its just the way it is stick with 60 hz on laptop ?