cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AURA Version 1.07.36 released 4/4 Unable to launch, "App blocked by Administrator"

spacey67
Level 7
Windows User Account Controls prevents opening the latest version of AURA released April 4th, 1.07.36. Upon uninstalling old version and reinstalling new version and a restart, attempting to open the AURA icon results in WUA displaying a Red "Application blocked by your administrator" despite me being the administrator ironically. I even went to the security permissions for the app and gave myself Full control and it still displays the message. Just an FYI Asus should address this ASAP.
44 REPLIES 44

Kyuubi1609 wrote:
sadly still 11% cpu usage on rainbow mode... why does this take so much??? i have a friggin 9700k @ 5.2ghz

All alternate rendering effects require some CPU time, this isn't something that's exclusive to Aura. Rainbow on my Roccat Vulcan takes up similar usage.
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

Silent Scone@ASUS wrote:
All alternate rendering effects require some CPU time, this isn't something that's exclusive to Aura. Rainbow on my Roccat Vulcan takes up similar usage.

Ok, let's see another RGB app cpu usage:
Razer Chroma - ~0,1% (keyboard, mouse and mouse mat with static color+stars effect)
Corsair iCue - ~1,5% (custom RGB profile for fans and led strips, 5 different layers for each device, using lighting node pro)

Do you really think that 6% and more CPU usage normal for simple effects from aura?

Also, v1.07.55 installation is very painful: aura leaves (all versions since 1.06.17) many elements in system after removal and we must clean this in manual mode (for example running each exe from LightingService\aac folder). It's not good for non-IT persons. Also you forget to put AacVGA to new version so VGA stay unsync. Workaround: install this file from previous version (and if you want uninstall "old" AacVga through this file - you see "App blocked by admin" so run it as admin). All it's not good for premium products.
English is not my native language, so I'm sorry if I make some mistakes.

Elkmar wrote:
Ok, let's see another RGB app cpu usage:
Razer Chroma - ~0,1% (keyboard, mouse and mouse mat with static color+stars effect)
Corsair iCue - ~1,5% (custom RGB profile for fans and led strips, 5 different layers for each device, using lighting node pro)

Do you really think that 6% and more CPU usage normal for simple effects from aura?

Also, v1.07.55 installation is very painful: aura leaves (all versions since 1.06.17) many elements in system after removal and we must clean this in manual mode (for example running each exe from LightingService\aac folder). It's not good for non-IT persons. Also you forget to put AacVGA to new version so VGA stay unsync. Workaround: install this file from previous version (and if you want uninstall "old" AacVga through this file - you see "App blocked by admin" so run it as admin). All it's not good for premium products.

It depends on whether it’s a software or hardware effect. My current setup in Aura uses 1%, too.

* Did you uninstall with UAC disabled? Otherwise, files will be left behind.
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

Have just setup a new PC with a Maximus XI Extreme motherboard. Building the whole PC including seting up the watercooling loop and installing Windows took around 2 hours. But have now spent another 3 hours trying to get the Asus Aura + LiveDash software to work and it is still not working.

Have tried the files that came with MB USB stick and obviouly the latest version:
SW_AURA_WEB_W10_64_VER10757_20190416R.zip
SW_LiveDash_WEB_W10_64_VER10502_20190412R.zip

All files seem to install and uninstall without erros but when running them I first got some red error about Windows blocking the application. Now after a few uninstalls and reinstalls (with and without UAC disabled/as Admin) LiveDash will not even run and Aura crashes directly. Have also tried uninstalling all the seemingly unrelated stuff like "Galax" and "Patriot" e t c manually. Have updated BIOS and ME. Nothing helps so I guess I have to reinstall Windows 10. I found a ASUS PDF with a link to something called "Aura cleaner" on Google drive. But that link was no longer working. Even if it had been available, why would a company like ASUS host this on Google Drive?

Here is some logs from latest run attempts:

Application: LightingService.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: exception code c0000005, exception address 0021A314
Stack:

---

Faulting application name: LightingService.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5cb42cd2
Faulting module name: LightingService.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5cb42cd2
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0002a314
Faulting process ID: 0x14f8
Faulting application start time: 0x01d4f654e29ebc61
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\LightingService\LightingService.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\LightingService\LightingService.exe
Report ID: b62171ad-d797-4d9c-aec4-2d9be905cf53
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

---

Application: LiveDash.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.NullReferenceException
at LiveDash_UI.PopUpWindow..ctor(System.String, System.String, System.String)
at LiveDash_UI.ParsingXML..ctor(System.String)
at LiveDash_UI.ParsingXML.GetInstance()
at LiveDash_UI.MainWindow.GetInstalledDeviceType()
at LiveDash_UI.MainWindow..ctor()

Exception Info: System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException
at System.RuntimeTypeHandle.CreateInstance(System.RuntimeType, Boolean, Boolean, Boolean ByRef, System.RuntimeMethodHandleInternal ByRef, Boolean ByRef)
at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceSlow(Boolean, Boolean, Boolean, System.Threading.StackCrawlMark ByRef)
at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceDefaultCtor(Boolean, Boolean, Boolean, System.Threading.StackCrawlMark ByRef)
at System.Activator.CreateInstance(System.Type, Boolean)
at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceImpl(System.Reflection.BindingFlags, System.Reflection.Binder, System.Object[], System.Globalization.CultureInfo, System.Object[], System.Threading.StackCrawlMark ByRef)
at System.Activator.CreateInstance(System.Type, System.Reflection.BindingFlags, System.Reflection.Binder, System.Object[], System.Globalization.CultureInfo, System.Object[])
at System.Activator.CreateInstance(System.Type, System.Object[])
at System.Xaml.Schema.SafeReflectionInvoker.CreateInstanceCritical(System.Type, System.Object[])
at System.Xaml.Schema.SafeReflectionInvoker.CreateInstance(System.Type, System.Object[])
at System.Xaml.Schema.XamlTypeInvoker.CreateInstance(System.Object[])
at MS.Internal.Xaml.Runtime.ClrObjectRuntime.CreateInstanceWithCtor(System.Xaml.XamlType, System.Object[])
at MS.Internal.Xaml.Runtime.ClrObjectRuntime.CreateInstance(System.Xaml.XamlType, System.Object[])
at MS.Internal.Xaml.Runtime.PartialTrustTolerantRuntime.CreateInstance(System.Xaml.XamlType, System.Object[])
at System.Xaml.XamlObjectWriter.Logic_CreateAndAssignToParentStart(MS.Internal.Xaml.Context.ObjectWriterContext)
at System.Xaml.XamlObjectWriter.WriteStartMember(System.Xaml.XamlMember)
at System.Xaml.XamlWriter.WriteNode(System.Xaml.XamlReader)
at System.Windows.Markup.WpfXamlLoader.TransformNodes(System.Xaml.XamlReader, System.Xaml.XamlObjectWriter, Boolean, Boolean, Boolean, System.Xaml.IXamlLineInfo, System.Xaml.IXamlLineInfoConsumer, MS.Internal.Xaml.Context.XamlContextStack`1, System.Windows.Markup.IStyleConnector)
at System.Windows.Markup.WpfXamlLoader.Load(System.Xaml.XamlReader, System.Xaml.IXamlObjectWriterFactory, Boolean, System.Object, System.Xaml.XamlObjectWriterSettings, System.Uri)
at System.Windows.Markup.WpfXamlLoader.LoadBaml(System.Xaml.XamlReader, Boolean, System.Object, System.Xaml.Permissions.XamlAccessLevel, System.Uri)
at System.Windows.Markup.XamlReader.LoadBaml(System.IO.Stream, System.Windows.Markup.ParserContext, System.Object, Boolean)
at System.Windows.Application.LoadBamlStreamWithSyncInfo(System.IO.Stream, System.Windows.Markup.ParserContext)
at System.Windows.Application.LoadComponent(System.Uri, Boolean)
at System.Windows.Application.DoStartup()
at System.Windows.Application.<.ctor>b__1_0(System.Object)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(System.Object, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32, System.Delegate)
at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeImpl()
at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeInSecurityContext(System.Object)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object)
at MS.Internal.CulturePreservingExecutionContext.Run(MS.Internal.CulturePreservingExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object)
at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.Invoke()
at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.ProcessQueue()
at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.WndProcHook(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef)
at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef)
at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(System.Object)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(System.Object, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32, System.Delegate)
at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.LegacyInvokeImpl(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherPriority, System.TimeSpan, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)
at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr)
at MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessage(System.Windows.Interop.MSG ByRef)
at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrameImpl(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherFrame)
at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrame(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherFrame)
at System.Windows.Application.RunDispatcher(System.Object)
at System.Windows.Application.RunInternal(System.Windows.Window)
at System.Windows.Application.Run(System.Windows.Window)
at LiveDash_UI.App.Main()

---

Faulting application name: LiveDash.exe, version: 1.5.2.0, time stamp: 0x5ca17130
Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.17763.1, time stamp: 0x30bd5043
Exception code: 0xe0434352
Fault offset: 0x0011aaf2
Faulting process ID: 0x28c0
Faulting application start time: 0x01d4f654e27cb624
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\LiveDash\LiveDash.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
Report ID: cd3f1178-62f7-465e-b88d-999403ed540e
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

----

This software is a joke... Has it been developed by the customers at a daycare centre? If this happens on a totally fresh Windows install with nothing else installed I can only imagine how it will work down the line.

Considering returning this board and getting a Gigabyte z390 board instead. Have another PC with a Gigabyte Z370 motherboard and installing the RGB software on that took like 3 minutes and worked straight away. It's shame as the Maximus XI Extreme hardware product seems pretty nice so far...

PS. There also seems to be some nonsense going on with the sound drivers. They randomly prompt for restarts even though I have restarted more times than I can count.

spacey67 wrote:
It's also worth noting that AI SUITE 3 ver 3.00.31 is also displaying the same message when attempting to launch since it's already installed. I'm thinking a recent Windows Update must have caused this to occur with Asus Software.

I believe this is the issue too. I made a fresh install of Win 10 less than 24hrs ago and a first Aura and LiveDash worked just fine (except Ai Suite II which crashed the PC when changing the fans speed). After installing all the Win 10 Pro updates Aura and LiveDash stopped working properly. Now I get a UAC notice when opening LiveDash and Aura doesn't detect any of my devices.

Actually, the issue is with these programs being blocked its because they have unsigned certificates and therefore Win UAC won't let you open it. Right now LiveDash has no version with signed certificates so I had to go around that to be able to use it. I hope this gets solved very soon.

gabrielsp85 wrote:
Actually, the issue is with these programs being blocked its because they have unsigned certificates and therefore Win UAC won't let you open it. Right now LiveDash has no version with signed certificates so I had to go around that to be able to use it. I hope this gets solved very soon.

Hi, I'm still unable to open LiveDash and my Ryuo 240mm is being displayed upside down and I've tried all the different versions, I'm still getting the Administrator blocked this app messsage. How di you get around this problem, its really getting on my nervees, its a brand new build with a stupid glowing ROG logo being displayed the wrong way around, damn it !

Any idead? Thank so much!

PS: Aura and Ai suite seem to be working ok, its just LiveDash that wont work and that I need the most... of course, typical!
Cheers!

wiltr-909 wrote:
Hi, I'm still unable to open LiveDash and my Ryuo 240mm is being displayed upside down and I've tried all the different versions, I'm still getting the Administrator blocked this app messsage. How di you get around this problem, its really getting on my nervees, its a brand new build with a stupid glowing ROG logo being displayed the wrong way around, damn it !

Any idead? Thank so much!

PS: Aura and Ai suite seem to be working ok, its just LiveDash that wont work and that I need the most... of course, typical!
Cheers!

yeah i have the same problem upside down logo never seems to remember the direction no matter how many times i set it and now i can't set it, i was considering flipping the entire cooler because i am sick of it

ZZCOOL wrote:
yeah i have the same problem upside down logo never seems to remember the direction no matter how many times i set it and now i can't set it, i was considering flipping the entire cooler because i am sick of it

Yep, I'm giving this maybe a week before I put it on eBay and get another AIO, maybe the NZXT or Deepcool

Asus, fix this! It's not like you're not charging enough $$$ for it !

Thank you.

Issue with the software installer not working is because asus revoked the certificate they used to sign the executable. They did this before they ensured that executable signed with a new certificate were made available to customers. A royal f.. up if you ask me.
I was affected with ROG Armoury for my claymore Keyboard and Live Dash for my ryujin 360.

Workaround which helped me was to strip the digital signature from the installer executable using this tool>
https://www.fluxbytes.com/software-releases/fileunsigner-v1-0/

make sure to remove the digital signature from any executable in the installation package.