cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AURA v1.05.27 [Report all issues in this thread]

AkaNe0
Level 10
A new version of AURA software is now available.

DOWNLOAD AURA V1.05.27

Read the FAQ

Changelog for v1.05.27:

• Corsair memory kit "CMR" 2x8GB are now detected
  • Fix stability issues
  • Fix occasional high CPU loading issues
  • Adjust effects settings
  • Fix issue with Windows 10 Fall Creators Update
  • Add support for Fusion 500 Headset

Side note
->For X99 chipset motherboards: to enable DRAM LEDs control, please go to BIOS / Ai Tweaker (or Extreme Tweaker) /DRAM Timing Control / DRAM SPD Write : Enabled
-> For Corsair Memory, due to hardware compatibility limitation, the Breathe and Color Cycle effect do not light on.
-> For the addressable LED, the limit is set at 60 LEDs. We are working on increasing this limit for future version.

Having issues?
Before reporting, make sure to follow the below steps:
-> Have the latest BIOS for your motherboard.
-> Have the latest drivers and firmware installed for all your AURA Sync products.
-> Uninstall previous version of AURA through the Control Panel and reboot your system.

Problem with installing Aura, follow those steps:
1. Run Aura Cleaner tool available here
2. Uninstall Aura through the control panel
3. Shut down your computer completely (from the PSU / power plug).
4. Download the latest version of AURA available.
5. Unzip the zip file, right click on the “Setup” and under Properties\Compatibility, select “Run as administrator”. Apply and close Properties window.
6. Run "Setup" and reboot your system.

To report an issue

Please provide a detail description of your problem and your system specs, including:
Motherboard:
BIOS version:
Processor:
Memory kit:
Graphics card:
Mouse:
Keyboard:
Cooling solution:
Aura version:
And don't forget, Keep pushing it !
80 REPLIES 80

agony22
Level 7
From what I have seen on all those machines that I build , RGB lighting and software not for ASUS only but for all the others to is a great pain to make them work all together .
I think its time to make it as simple as it gets and turn of all these RGB lighting off on my personal build .

I normally don't post for help, I consider myself computer savvy and have exhausted all the recommendation tips found through various threads through the versions. I'm hoping that by not being stubborn and posting I might get a solution vs leaving the brand altogether.

Motherboard: Z170 PRO GAMING/AURA
BIOS version: 3501
Processor: Intel 6700k
Memory kit: G.Skill
Graphics card: Asus Geforce Strix 1080ti
Mouse: Logitech g900
Keyboard: Logitech g910
Cooling solution: NZXT Kraken x62
Aura version: 1.05.27

I been experiencing problem with Aura Sync on all versions I have installed, 1.4 and on I believe (I haven't tried anything prior).

Let's start with the UI, it wasn't until I saw someone post a screenshot that my software UI has never been right - prior to 1.05.27, it has a black backdrop where you couldn't even see some of the options I later learned even exist. The new version broke this further and made it transparent (screenshot)69341

Still, you can kind of navigate and apply some of the color schemes (not all work, but that's in line with other people's reportings). I currently like the music sync, but the frustrating part is the setting does not retain past reboot.

Things I have already tried to do

Full Uninstall -> power cyrcle -> Cleaner -> reinstall (1000x)
During those 1000x, I did the right click and unblock the zip - elevated access on setup files and even recently went into my system files to add myself to a security profile based on a recommendation I saw in this thread. Registry cleaning, made sure all bios and drivers updated and nothing, same problem of settings not being retained and now transparency window in the software.

The only thing i feel I haven't tried is to format and do a clean OS install, but if I do that and it is still not working (considering the hassle involved), I will probably never use ASUS product again. So that really needs to be a last resort because I love ASUS products

So with all that said, I'm ready to jump through hoops to get this worked out - like I said I have a high understanding of computers in general and even programming, tell me what to do and I will do it.

KroLeXz wrote:
So with all that said, I'm ready to jump through hoops to get this worked out - like I said I have a high understanding of computers in general and even programming, tell me what to do and I will do it.

Hey man, I know this can be very frustrating, but give it a try on what I did, which worked perfectly.

1.- Uninstall previous Aura versions (or even this new one) by going into the Control Panel > Programs and Features
2.- Run Aura Cleaner
3.- Run CCleaner
4.- Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS and delete the Aura folder.
4.5.- When I tried to delete it, I couldnt because there was one service that was using it, so I restarted the PC and then I was able to delete it.
5.- Run CCleaner again
6.- Turn off PC and unplug the PSU for about 30 seconds.
7.- Right Click on the .ZIP of Aura 1.05.27
8.- At the very bottom there's a checkbox that says Unblock, mark that checkbox and Apply>Ok.
9.- Extract files
10.- Right Click on file "AsusSetup.exe" > Properties > Compatibility and check the box of "Run this program as an administrator" > Hit Apply > Ok.
11.- Run the AsusSetup.exe and restart when the setup tells you to do it.
12.-Once back in Windows, don't run the program yet. Shut down the PC and unplug the PSU for abother 30 seconds.
13.- Run Aura SW and should be working now.

I know that those are a lot of steps, but when looking at everyone's post I've decided to record every step I made. I hope it helps.

Motherboard: Rog Strix B350-F Gaming
BIOS version: 3203
Processor: Ryzen 5 1600
Memory kit: Corsair 2x8GB CMR16GX4M2C3000C15
Graphics card: Rog Strix GTX 1080 Advanced
Mouse: Razer Naga Epic Chroma
Keyboard: Blackwidow Chroma
Cooling solution: Coolermaster AIO

AlexGS wrote:
Hey man, I know this can be very frustrating, but give it a try on what I did, which worked perfectly.

1.- Uninstall previous Aura versions (or even this new one) by going into the Control Panel > Programs and Features
2.- Run Aura Cleaner
3.- Run CCleaner
4.5.- When I tried to delete it, I couldnt because there was one service that was using it, so I restarted the PC and then I was able to delete it.
5.- Run CCleaner again
8.- At the very bottom there's a checkbox that says Unblock, mark that checkbox and Apply>Ok.
9.- Extract files
10.- Right Click on file "AsusSetup.exe" > Properties > Compatibility and check the box of "Run this program as an administrator" > Hit Apply > Ok.
12.-Once back in Windows, don't run the program yet. Shut down the PC and unplug the PSU for abother 30 seconds.

I know that those are a lot of steps, but when looking at everyone's post I've decided to record every step I made. I hope it helps.

wow thank you is an understatement. I have been trying everyone else solutions, and this is the first to work. I'm thinking the unplugging the PSU is the trick that did it for me.

Thank you for sharing, and I had a feeling it wouldn't work but gave it a try anyways as previous I never deleted the ASUS folder since I had other ASUS software. End result are exactly like before, I have a transparent screen and settings that reset after every reboot. I wish there was an alternative to AURA, aren't there any good alternative that use the SDK?

AlexGS wrote:

2.- Run Aura Cleaner
3.- Run CCleaner
5.- Run CCleaner again
9.- Extract files

I have a crosshair hero VI board. Back in late September I noticed that my Onboard LED for Aura Sync stopped working. I tried different software, rolling back the bios, clearing the cmos. Installing different versions of the Aura Sync software , all to no avail. I am beginning to wonder if there is a registry problem that I missed or there is something physically wrong with the board.

Motherboard: ROG Crosshair Hero VI
BIOS version: 1701
Processor: Ryzen X1800
Memory kit: Corsair 2666 32GB
Graphics card: Asus Strix Radeon 480
Mouse: Logitech G602
Keyboard: Logitech Arx G910
Cooling solution:
Aura version: Aura Sync 1.05.25

AlexGS wrote:

2.- Run Aura Cleaner
3.- Run CCleaner
5.- Run CCleaner again
9.- Extract files

This was the final solution! Thank you.

I uninstalled all ASUS software(Dash, Suite, GPU, AURA) / stopped all Asus "services". Deleted what I could from the Asus folder and ran "ccleaner". After reboot, deleted the remaining Asus folder and ran ccleaner to get couple more asus items.

Installed Aura *.28 since that is the version I grabbed from overclock. Shutdown the PC and turned the "PSU" off for about 15 seconds and started PC back up.

Aura launched perfectly and I could select all the different light scenarios. I then installed Dash, and GPU. Left AI Suite out since I prefer doing the work through the bios anyways.

Thank you again for your step-by-step.

Today I downloaded the 1.05.28 version but it crashed after a while
cpu:7820x
Vga:Strix 1080ti
Motherboard: Asus prime deluxe x299
Ram: Gskill rgb 16gb

Brighttail
Level 11
Wow.. how about just fix the software???
Panteks Enthoo Elite / Asus x299 Rampage VI Extreme / Intel I9-7900X / Corsair Dominator RGB 3200MHz

MSI GTX 1080 TI / 2x Intel 900p / Samsung 970 Pro 512GB

Samsung 850 PRO 512GB / Western Digital Gold 8TB HD

Corsair AX 1200i / Corsair Platinum K95 / Asus Chakram

Acer XB321HK 4k, IPS, G-sync Monitor / Water Cooled / Asus G571JT Laptop

Brighttail wrote:
Wow.. how about just fix the software???

I love the "Cant replicate"
How is it that multiple users on the same platform have issues but it cant be replicated by the R&D with the same hardware? Didnt pay any attention to the uninstall of previous version as this was a clean install with no previous version. Now Im being asked to trash my system again where it took me a few hours to recover with no thanks to the instructions given and make a video of it? Whats in it for me? All I want is working software and its not happening on the RVIE. Glad to see others are able to jump through hoops, do back flips then click their ruby red slippers together 3 time while saying "Theres nothing like working AURA,Theres nothing like working AURA, Theres nothing like working AURA" then being able to launch it without it locking up and do a few changes but nothing that actually does what it should. Come on guys, this is getting really old. There has not been a single version of this that worked completely even on older version with Z170 and X270 boards. Got the same thing that those who are pulling a wizard of Oz now with a few things changing but nothing working as it should. Im a very patient man but 2 years and still nothing? My patience for AURA is done. Im going to leave the board as is and buy a RGB controller to connect to my Aquaero for the rest. NZXT controllers work but they are 5V. Maybe you can hire one of their guys to work on this.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein