cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AURA v1.05.27 [Report all issues in this thread]

AkaNe0
Level 10
A new version of AURA software is now available.

DOWNLOAD AURA V1.05.27

Read the FAQ

Changelog for v1.05.27:

• Corsair memory kit "CMR" 2x8GB are now detected
  • Fix stability issues
  • Fix occasional high CPU loading issues
  • Adjust effects settings
  • Fix issue with Windows 10 Fall Creators Update
  • Add support for Fusion 500 Headset

Side note
->For X99 chipset motherboards: to enable DRAM LEDs control, please go to BIOS / Ai Tweaker (or Extreme Tweaker) /DRAM Timing Control / DRAM SPD Write : Enabled
-> For Corsair Memory, due to hardware compatibility limitation, the Breathe and Color Cycle effect do not light on.
-> For the addressable LED, the limit is set at 60 LEDs. We are working on increasing this limit for future version.

Having issues?
Before reporting, make sure to follow the below steps:
-> Have the latest BIOS for your motherboard.
-> Have the latest drivers and firmware installed for all your AURA Sync products.
-> Uninstall previous version of AURA through the Control Panel and reboot your system.

Problem with installing Aura, follow those steps:
1. Run Aura Cleaner tool available here
2. Uninstall Aura through the control panel
3. Shut down your computer completely (from the PSU / power plug).
4. Download the latest version of AURA available.
5. Unzip the zip file, right click on the “Setup” and under Properties\Compatibility, select “Run as administrator”. Apply and close Properties window.
6. Run "Setup" and reboot your system.

To report an issue

Please provide a detail description of your problem and your system specs, including:
Motherboard:
BIOS version:
Processor:
Memory kit:
Graphics card:
Mouse:
Keyboard:
Cooling solution:
Aura version:
And don't forget, Keep pushing it !
80 REPLIES 80

JustinThyme
Level 13
Awesome,
Ill load it up and see what happens.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

Not a bug, just an observation. Instead of saying to restart on a document, why not have the "uninstaller" state that when it finishes. I know its nit picking. Other than that, installed just fine and so far so good.

spadizzle wrote:
Not a bug, just an observation. Instead of saying to restart on a document, why not have the "uninstaller" state that when it finishes. I know its nit picking. Other than that, installed just fine and so far so good.

Thanks, I have added your suggestion to the list.

JustinThyme wrote:
Not operational on X299
I was optimistic when I launched it and saw the MOBO listed again, then it locked slam up. All sections set to random static and have to use task manager to even close it.
Uninstalling......

I sent out a PM.

AkaNe@Asus wrote:

I sent out a PM.

Replied to PM

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

AkaNe@Asus wrote:

I sent out a PM.

Ok, after installing everything worked. Then I rebooted! Whoa, I noticed no AURA lights were on anywhere. Immediately launched AURA and tried turning on music:rock again. Nothing happened! 😕 and the AURA froze. Tried end tasking and relaunching, didn't work either. I rebooted once more and the same thing happened.

Next restart I was going to uninstall, restart and reinstall. But before I did that, I decided for what ever reason to launch the AURA again. LoL Once it launched and I hit default on it. Rainbow kicked on and I again tried clicking music:rock. AURA Froze. 😞 So I restarted and noticed all AURA LED's were off again.

This time I launched AURA and just hit default and did nothing else. Rainbow kicked on and I decided to restart from there. Upon booting the lights stayed on this time. 🙂 Got fully booted and launched AURA and started selecting between all the Lighting scenarios, was working like a charm, everything! So one last check on everything, SET MUSIC:Rock and restarted.

Got booted again and played music and was changing between all the scenarios again. Working fine now 🙂 So what I gathered from this.

From the beginning :
Uninstall old version of AURA and restart (per instructions).
Install New AURA and once you launch it, hit default and restart one more time.
Hopefully on your 2nd restart ya'll shouldn't have any issues with it.

P.S. I don't know if hitting default on the old AURA would matter or not, maybe new AURA sets a conflict with the old one?

No longer running the 27 version. It kept freezing and I was trying to force it to go default and it wouldnt even do that. so back to the 25.

I'm going back to 25, version 27 has won and I give. After a few more restarts it went to crap again and couldn't recover. uninstall, regcleaned, and cleaned up software and reinstalled 25.

I'm having the same issue with Aura v1.05.27 that I've had with all the versions after v1.04.29 on my ROG Crosshair VI Hero - Aura 1.05.27 will only detect my G.Skill RGB RAM. It does not detect the motherboard lighting or RGB strips plugged into the motherboard. I had to reboot and shut down a few times before it detected both sticks of RAM.

After uninstalling v1.05.27 and reinstalling v1.04.29, both sticks of RAM, motherboard lighting, and LED strips are all detected and working. I would really like it if the updated versions of Aura worked properly.

drgabber wrote:
I'm having the same issue with Aura v1.05.27 that I've had with all the versions after v1.04.29 on my ROG Crosshair VI Hero - Aura 1.05.27 will only detect my G.Skill RGB RAM. It does not detect the motherboard lighting or RGB strips plugged into the motherboard. I had to reboot and shut down a few times before it detected both sticks of RAM.
After uninstalling v1.05.27 and reinstalling v1.04.29, both sticks of RAM, motherboard lighting, and LED strips are all detected and working. I would really like it if the updated versions of Aura worked properly.

Once you launched AURA, does the motherboard logo and strips appeared in the software? Or the screen look similar to what you had in 1.05.25?

Could you provide a screenshot of your BIOS - Main tab and also your OS build version.

Flint018 wrote:
Hi
I was really excited about this update. i thought it'll fix my previous problem but it is still the same.

the problem is somewhat ALL AURA EFFECT w/ Gradient settings suddenly will stop AURA from working while Playing GAMES. ill be stuck in the present colour from where it stopped. after that i tried to re-apply the settings, the mouse wont respond to re-application of settings. this happens sometimes on color cycle but most of the time on settings with gradient effects.

ADDITION: I noticed that when i removed the mouse from AURA sync, everything works fine.

Motherboard: z270f strix gaming mobo
BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. 1009, 23/07/2017
Processor: i7 7700k
Memory kit: 4x g.skill tridentz RGB
Graphics card: RX 580 strix 8gb TOP
Mouse: ROG Pugio
Keyboard: Rog Claymore
Cooling solution: Coolermaster 120mm RGB AURA
Aura version: aura v1.05.27
BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. 1009, 23/07/2017

Thanks for the details, I have reported the issue and try to replicate to understand what is going on. If anyone has similar issue, please report.

ressonantia wrote:
The wave effect kinda works now but even at the Fastest option, it looks really slow and choppy.

The wave effect have been improved but I agree would need a bit more improvement to be really smooth. I will report again.

Itzycharles wrote:
Again as far i have read all the post for the last 3 days, everyone was good before the FCU. any news on Asus part for a fix?

It shouldn't be a problem anymore.

takitoes wrote:
Amazing guys 🙂 new version works beautifully for me!

Corsair RAM kit detected first try and syncs nicely with the GPU, mobo and InWin fans.

I will play around a little more but nothing seems to be broken even after a quick restart to test it. Would love to see continued support and features added but as of right now I have no complaints and am super happy!

Thanks for the hard work put in!

WhoIsZQ wrote:
Followed install instructions for this thread. Aura v1.05.27 now works for me (including music modes). Will report back if future issues arise.

Thanks for reporting your experience!

JustinThyme wrote:
Quoting myself because I was asked VIA PM if I shut my PC down completely to see if it went to default.....:rolleyes:SIGH....
To be clear when I went into bios what I turned off and back on was all LED functions
Id stated in an earlier post that when I simply uninstalled and did a registry sweep and completely powered down and switched off the power supply it did nothing! I was still left with Green only on RGB 2 and red only on I/O and armor. Every thing else was dead.
And to provide what I provided when the last version failed

From the screenshot, your motherboard is fine. I have reported your case but we could not replicate. If you have additional complains, please help to provide videos showing your build + the effects applied in AURA with a clear description of the effect you apply and what your system shows.

Ingvarr100th wrote:
I found a problem with 2x8GB Corsair memory and conflict between ASUS Aura and Corsair LINK Service.
When Corsair Link Service is running then animation is laggy.
I reported this in that post (click).
Now I have culprit.
When Corsair Link service process is killed and AURA restarted then everything is normal.

We will try to find a solution to avoid conflict. For now, please use only AURA if you want to enjoy AURA Sync.

Mapantz wrote:
Hi

I thought i'd just put in a reply..

I followed all of the instructions on uninstalling, cleaning, switching off the power supply for ten minutes etc.. I installed the new version and rebooted. It all went smoothly, and Aura seems to be working fine at the moment. The light modes comet/flash and dash/glowing yoyo all seem to be working much better too.

The only problem I have, is that no physical icon shows up in the task bar. If you click the 'desktop' button on windows 10, Aura disappears from sight. The only way to get it back is by maximizing or minimizing another app that is open - then Aura appears again. It used to show an icon in the notification area, but as you can see from the screenshot, it's not there.

https://prnt.sc/hh0rmp

Possibly spoke too soon! LightingService is taking up a constant 5% CPU

Thanks for reporting. We confirm this is a bug and it will be fixed in the next version.

Brighttail wrote:
So I tried it again with 1004 BIOS and I was able to get it partially working.

I have two tabs at the top, motherboard and LED strip (which is my Monoblock).

I can "sync" them both and get most of everything working like wave, breathing and such, but if I try a static colour like white, the motherboard will turn that colour but the Monoblock will not.

Thanks for giving a try again to AURA. Do you have problem while you sync other colors? What happen if you sync in static Blue or static green? Does the monoblock follow the color of the motherboard?

Brighttail wrote:
I also CANNOT just click on the motherboard tab to create an effect just for that unless i turn off sync. Unfortunately then I have to set every zone of the motherboard individually as I still cannot click on the motherboard tab to set the whole motherboard to one effect. Basically either i have to sync the whole motherboard to the monoblock using sync or I have to turn sync off and do every zone individually. 😞

For now we do not provide a same sync effect for one product. To do so, as you mentioned, we need to do it for each EC. This provide even more control options. However, I will add your feedback to the suggestions list.

AkaNe@Asus wrote:
Once you launched AURA, does the motherboard logo and strips appeared in the software? Or the screen look similar to what you had in 1.05.25?

Could you provide a screenshot of your BIOS - Main tab and also your OS build version.

Thanks for the details, I have reported the issue and try to replicate to understand what is going on. If anyone has similar issue, please report.

The wave effect have been improved but I agree would need a bit more improvement to be really smooth. I will report again.

It shouldn't be a problem anymore.

Thanks for reporting your experience!

From the screenshot, your motherboard is fine. I have reported your case but we could not replicate. If you have additional complains, please help to provide videos showing your build + the effects applied in AURA with a clear description of the effect you apply and what your system shows.

We will try to find a solution to avoid conflict. For now, please use only AURA if you want to enjoy AURA Sync.

Thanks for reporting. We confirm this is a bug and it will be fixed in the next version.

Thanks for giving a try again to AURA. Do you have problem while you sync other colors? What happen if you sync in static Blue or static green? Does the monoblock follow the color of the motherboard?

For now we do not provide a same sync effect for one product. To do so, as you mentioned, we need to do it for each EC. This provide even more control options. However, I will add your feedback to the suggestions list.

So in the individual lighting it was not the LED strip at the bottom, instead the monoblock was listed as RGB #2. A little confusing but I found it. It would switch colours differently from the rest of the board. Great!

Unfortunately when i tried to sync things back up and do a Wave, or colour cycle, the software kept defaulting to when the MB and the monoblock were NOT in syncl. After many reboots and clicking default each time, i got the original wave back. The problem is each time I switched to some other type of effect, it would switch back to that original time when I de-synced everything and changed the monoblock colour.

Very odd. In the end I couldn't do any other effect than the original static colour for each change ... it would go back again. Finally hit default and uninstalled, so I'm back to unicorn vomit again. Will wait for next one.
Panteks Enthoo Elite / Asus x299 Rampage VI Extreme / Intel I9-7900X / Corsair Dominator RGB 3200MHz

MSI GTX 1080 TI / 2x Intel 900p / Samsung 970 Pro 512GB

Samsung 850 PRO 512GB / Western Digital Gold 8TB HD

Corsair AX 1200i / Corsair Platinum K95 / Asus Chakram

Acer XB321HK 4k, IPS, G-sync Monitor / Water Cooled / Asus G571JT Laptop