cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AURA v1.05.25 [Report all issues in this thread]

AkaNe0
Level 10
A new version of AURA software is available here. Before reporting, make sure to:
-> Uninstall previous version of AURA through the Control Panel and reboot your system.
-> Run "setup" as Administrator (Right click on "Setup" and "Run as Administrator")
-> Reboot your computer before starting the new AURA
-> If you are still having problem with installing AURA, please run the AURACleaner once you've uninstall and reboot your computer and before launching the "Setup" file.

Changelog v1.05.25

• Update CPU-Z 1.79.1 or later version to avoid conflict with Aura
  • Features new UI with RGB value direct key-in
  • Fix Aura reset to default when booting and waking up from sleep

Note
For X99 chipset motherboards: to enable DRAM LEDs control, please go to BIOS / Ai Tweaker (or Extreme Tweaker) /DRAM Timing Control / DRAM SPD Write : Enabled
For Corsair Memory, due to hardware compatibility limitation, the Breathe and Color Cycle effect do not work.

Known issues

• Corsair 16GB kits (2x8GB) not detecting in AURA software -> Try out the BETA version that fix the issue
  • Issues with the wave effect not working properly
  • Install problem with Windows Fall Creators Update => Temporary solution available here
  • CPU loading issue with system freezing

And don't forget, Keep pushing it !
232 REPLIES 232

travman320 wrote:
I have found the last few builds of AURA to not be reliable. The recent releases don't allow me to navigate the interface at all (blacked out and out of place UI - see attached), while previous ones to the recent 2 wouldn't allow me to decouple the RGB settings from the GPU and the MB. It is either selecting synchronized or MB settings only, no way to isolate for GPU RGB. Because of this, I'm currently running an older version (v1.03.50) which operates just fine without any issue.

I've tried uninstalling previous versions, running the AURA cleaner with restarts between each of the installation/uninstallation steps. Not sure what changed in the recent releases but my system doesn't like it. If anyone has any ideas on what is causing the recent software to be finicky, please let me know.

MB: ASUS Z170 Pro Gaming/Aura
BIOS: firmware v3501
Graphics card: ASUS GeForce GTX 1070 OC ROG Strix 1632/1657 MHz 8GB GDDR5
CPU: Intel i5-6600K

Thanks,
travman320

Flancito got the same issue using the Z170 Pro Gaming AURA here.

Could you try again to follow those steps and let me know if the UI appears the same.

1. Uninstall AURA
2. Turn off your computer and PSU. Make sure that it's no more power going through your system.
3. Turn on your computer and Run AURA cleaner.
4.Download the latest version of Aura available and unzip the zip file, right click on the “Setup” and under Properties\Compatibility, select “Run as administrator”. Apply and close Properties window.
5. Run the Setup

jester9 wrote:
Here we go:

Motherboard: ASUS TUF Z370-Plus Gaming
BIOS: American Megatrends Inc. 0407. 31-Aug-2017
Version: 10.0.15063 Build 15063
Graphics Card: ASUS GTX 1060 6GB OC STRIX
Keyboard: Redragon Kala
Mouse: ASUS Pugio
Cooler: Intel Stock
Monitor: Samsung LT24D390EWXU

I checked Armoury not to start-up. besides the armoury, which was my first lighting service, I don't have and never used any other. With it closed and uninstalled I haven't had any luck unfortunately, the problem persisting when I have the mouse synced throughout aura.

Can you update your BIOS for the motherboard available on the support page. The latest version is now 0430 (November 2017).
And don't forget, Keep pushing it !

Guys please help me! ((((
One of my 2x8 3000mhz modules TridentZ RGB module dont led anymore!
I tried already 50times to install, remove and reinstall Gskill old and new software also and Aura Sync. But nothing help to do alive light on 2nd module

And i still cant figure to works Aura Sync. Its all time any versions just crash and dont open program.....
A tried a lot of versions but its crashses or write message with @Obtain@ word. Maybe if Aura start i will alive my 2nd module. but i still cant make aura works.....
can someone help me to fix this problem?

User above says that Aura v1.03.50 works good. can someone upload it to google drive please? coz i dont see it in google

AkaNe@Asus wrote:
Flancito got the same issue using the Z170 Pro Gaming AURA here.

Could you try again to follow those steps and let me know if the UI appears the same.

1. Uninstall AURA
2. Turn off your computer and PSU. Make sure that it's no more power going through your system.
3. Turn on your computer and Run AURA cleaner.
4.Download the latest version of Aura available and unzip the zip file, right click on the “Setup” and under Properties\Compatibility, select “Run as administrator”. Apply and close Properties window.
5. Run the Setup

Unfortunately it resulted in the same black UI. Was the software team ever able to replicate Flancito's issue? I noticed Flancito and I have similar specs of the same generation - same MB, both use 10 series Strix GPUs (1060 vs 1070), Intel 6 series CPUs (i6600K vs i6700K), and I also use Corsair RAM 16GB (8GBx2) - but red LED. Not sure if there is a conflict with the software and one the hardware components.

AKANE@ASUS Hi

so i got again the keyboard the only issue i am having now is that when on breathing mode lights are flickering for a 1sec on the keyboard only and when on music mode it is little dim
is this going to be fixed with the new aura update

thx

Here we go:

Motherboard: ASUS TUF Z370-Plus Gaming
BIOS: American Megatrends Inc. 0407. 31-Aug-2017
Version: 10.0.15063 Build 15063
Graphics Card: ASUS GTX 1060 6GB OC STRIX
Keyboard: Redragon Kala
Mouse: ASUS Pugio
Cooler: Intel Stock
Monitor: Samsung LT24D390EWXU

I checked Armoury not to start-up. besides the armoury, which was my first lighting service, I don't have and never used any other. With it closed and uninstalled I haven't had any luck unfortunately, the problem persisting when I have the mouse synced throughout aura.

AkaNe@Asus wrote:
I see what you mean. Two users had similar issues earlier with the 1.05.25 version. For the next version that will come up soon (I don't have exact date yet, but I am crossing fingers for it to be released next week), it should fix some of those stability issues. For now, could you provide me your full system details:
Motherboard:
BIOS: To know the BIOS and OS version, search for "System Information" in your windows search bar. Then look at Version (under OS version) and BIOS version/date.
Graphics card:
Keyboard:
Mouse:
Cooler:
Monitor:

Also, if you have another lighting control software, make sure to close it before launching AURA.

Does this only happen with the Rainbow effect?

What the USB 3 ports resulted in?

Hi, I have the same problem. it happens to all effect with gradient/color cycle effect.

AkaNe@Asus wrote:
I see what you mean. Two users had similar issues earlier with the 1.05.25 version. For the next version that will come up soon (I don't have exact date yet, but I am crossing fingers for it to be released next week), it should fix some of those stability issues. For now, could you provide me your full system details:
Motherboard:
BIOS: To know the BIOS and OS version, search for "System Information" in your windows search bar. Then look at Version (under OS version) and BIOS version/date.
Graphics card:
Keyboard:
Mouse:
Cooler:
Monitor:

Also, if you have another lighting control software, make sure to close it before launching AURA.

Does this only happen with the Rainbow effect?

What the USB 3 ports resulted in?
I tried an usb 3 port and the bug came faster but i was using the pc so there were more workload.

It happen with rainbow but i also had it with cycling color once (it froze, not sure if it was the same problem then). But usually cycling color is fine.
I didn't tried other schemes

Sent from my XT1562 using Tapatalk

I have updated my bios to the latest version, it seems to be more stable now, but unfortunately the same problem persists. I've unsinstalled rog uninstalled aura after the update and installed it again. I want to point out that when the lighting messes up, the software becomes laggy an unresponsive. If i unsync my mouse the other components lights up good. Today my rgb aura sync cooler will arrive. I ll let you know how it will work with aura

Brighttail
Level 11
I've been waiting 2 months now to even load Aura, but I refuse to do so because of all the issues people have had with it.. Even with the work arounds to get it installed properly, there doesn't seem to be a guarantee it will continue to work and if it stops working or causes issues, then your whole RGB LEDs on your motherboard, RAM, CPU block, LED strips ect can be screwed up. I've seen posts of people with the R6E mothboard having to disassemble their whole Motherboard armour to unplug all the LEDs, then take out the BIOS battery, leave the machine off for an hour, reconnect it all and try again JUST to get the RGB leds to even light up again... no thanks.

So I got two choices for my motherboard, Unicorn vomit as the default or off... for two months because I'm not going to be put into the situation where I have to tear down my dual system to fix RGB lights cause Aura still doesn't work. 😞
Panteks Enthoo Elite / Asus x299 Rampage VI Extreme / Intel I9-7900X / Corsair Dominator RGB 3200MHz

MSI GTX 1080 TI / 2x Intel 900p / Samsung 970 Pro 512GB

Samsung 850 PRO 512GB / Western Digital Gold 8TB HD

Corsair AX 1200i / Corsair Platinum K95 / Asus Chakram

Acer XB321HK 4k, IPS, G-sync Monitor / Water Cooled / Asus G571JT Laptop

JustinThyme
Level 13
^^^Im with you brother, only that I dont mind the unicorn vomit as its better than any of the alternatives at this point.
Id like to have something similar but even when it was half working you cant get the marquee effect like the unicorn vomit. Thats one thing that separates this board from others that just go all parts of a zone fading from one to the next.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein