cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AURA v1.05.25 [Report all issues in this thread]

AkaNe0
Level 10
A new version of AURA software is available here. Before reporting, make sure to:
-> Uninstall previous version of AURA through the Control Panel and reboot your system.
-> Run "setup" as Administrator (Right click on "Setup" and "Run as Administrator")
-> Reboot your computer before starting the new AURA
-> If you are still having problem with installing AURA, please run the AURACleaner once you've uninstall and reboot your computer and before launching the "Setup" file.

Changelog v1.05.25

• Update CPU-Z 1.79.1 or later version to avoid conflict with Aura
  • Features new UI with RGB value direct key-in
  • Fix Aura reset to default when booting and waking up from sleep

Note
For X99 chipset motherboards: to enable DRAM LEDs control, please go to BIOS / Ai Tweaker (or Extreme Tweaker) /DRAM Timing Control / DRAM SPD Write : Enabled
For Corsair Memory, due to hardware compatibility limitation, the Breathe and Color Cycle effect do not work.

Known issues

• Corsair 16GB kits (2x8GB) not detecting in AURA software -> Try out the BETA version that fix the issue
  • Issues with the wave effect not working properly
  • Install problem with Windows Fall Creators Update => Temporary solution available here
  • CPU loading issue with system freezing

And don't forget, Keep pushing it !
232 REPLIES 232

AtrixfizIeo
Level 9
I have tried what seems like everything. My problem is about 2 weeks ago my board, LED strips, and one stick of RAM all went out. My GPU and the other stick of RAM are still glowing, With that said, only the GPU will respond to anything, the other stick started out with one purple light, and one white. At some point during some random night, it went rainbow. (all my specs are in my drop down on the left there).
back Story, I was on BIOS 9902, with Aura 1.04.42, windows 10 FC 1709( Windows is the only thing i'm a lil fuzzy about, but I know I had already gone to FC edition but don't know what build) when this all took place. My first steps were to simply just toggle off, toggle on, and so on, fiddle with it as you would. After seeing this was getting me no where, I uninstalled.. downloaded the newest version of Aura, and tried to install, this is when I ran into the crash issue. So It began.. And so to shorten this up, please find listed below all things I have tried, with 0% success. , and mostly in this order.

• Cleaned computer of Aura Software, tried to reinstall
  • Unplugged RAM, tried different slots
  • Installed 1701 BIOS
  • Installed newest version Windows Pro Insider 17040.1
  • Clicked unblock zip, and install with admin
  • Changed permissions :\Windows\SysWOW64\drivers\AsIO.sys
  • Tried listed "Asus update" claims file size is incorrect
  • Hit the side of the computer
  • Made sure everything was correct in BIOS for LEDs

I'm sure I am forgetting something haha So at this point I have confirmed I can still control my GPU via Asus GPU Aura software, but I can not control my RAM with G.Skill software.

AtrixfizIeo wrote:
I have tried what seems like everything. My problem is about 2 weeks ago my board, LED strips, and one stick of RAM all went out. My GPU and the other stick of RAM are still glowing, With that said, only the GPU will respond to anything, the other stick started out with one purple light, and one white. At some point during some random night, it went rainbow. (all my specs are in my drop down on the left there).
back Story, I was on BIOS 9902, with Aura 1.04.42, windows 10 FC 1709( Windows is the only thing i'm a lil fuzzy about, but I know I had already gone to FC edition but don't know what build) when this all took place. My first steps were to simply just toggle off, toggle on, and so on, fiddle with it as you would. After seeing this was getting me no where, I uninstalled.. downloaded the newest version of Aura, and tried to install, this is when I ran into the crash issue. So It began.. And so to shorten this up, please find listed below all things I have tried, with 0% success. , and mostly in this order.

• Cleaned computer of Aura Software, tried to reinstall
  • Unplugged RAM, tried different slots
  • Installed 1701 BIOS
  • Installed newest version Windows Pro Insider 17040.1
  • Clicked unblock zip, and install with admin
  • Changed permissions :\Windows\SysWOW64\drivers\AsIO.sys
  • Tried listed "Asus update" claims file size is incorrect
  • Hit the side of the computer
  • Made sure everything was correct in BIOS for LEDs

I'm sure I am forgetting something haha So at this point I have confirmed I can still control my GPU via Asus GPU Aura software, but I can not control my RAM with G.Skill software.

Not sure if I have it right, but are you using G Skill software alongside Aura ? If so, it is a baaad idea, just use Aura and be sure to use the Gskill cleaner after uninstalling it (reboot in between). At that point I would also uninstall Aura (again 😉 ) with the same procedure -> Uninstall, Reboot, Aura Cleaner.
Then reinstall Aura (again 😉 )

Now, if the issue persist (I am speaking of the RAM), be sure to check if your SPD aren't corrupted. Give Taiphoon Burner a go for this.
If they are corruption there is a fix for it.

Latest Aura shouldn't corrupt SPD but I am not sure about G Skill one.

Good Luck

AtrixfizIeo
Level 9
No, I tested to see if the G.Skill software would work, it did not. Every time I have tried something I have uninstalled, and rebooted. But what is this Aura cleaner, and G.Skill cleaner?

AtrixfizIeo wrote:
No, I tested to see if the G.Skill software would work, it did not. Every time I have tried something I have uninstalled, and rebooted. But what is this Aura cleaner, and G.Skill cleaner?

Both the Aura Cleaner and "GSkill Cleaner" basically remove leftovers of the previous uninstallation.
That could be the source of your problem.

For "G skill Cleaner", follow the instruction here :

https://www.gskill.us/forum/showthread.php?t=14269

Then Uninstall Aura, reboot and use Aura Cleaner (just launch it with administrative privilege)

Here is Aura Cleaner

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8hXL86D6YHUQUJGTTZrcExfSkE

Then Install Aura again.

Again if you still have issue with your RAM I highly suggest to check for SPD corruptions.

AtrixfizIeo
Level 9
Thanks, I will give this a shoot, and report back!

AtrixfizIeo
Level 9
OK news, I figured out my SPD is corrupt on both sticks, so there is that. I read up on the repair, but don't feel like paying for TB right now. But still can not get Aura to run, I went one step farther. After doing the cleaners, and uninstalls, and that.. I cleared my computer by searching for anything "Aura" or "Lighting control" and dumped it, than, restarted, re-downloaded it,, unblocked, and installed with admin. I donno, hands in the air..lol

namoi
Level 8
On my x99 strix the mouse was plugged on the usb 2 port above the ps2 port (the second one above the ps2 port to be precise).

Sent from my XT1562 using Tapatalk

When I restart my pc the software works for about 20 minutes, don't know if it's a rule because sometimes works for more than 20 minutes, sometimes less, before every light mess up and nothing would be synced anymore. The thing is if I unsync the mouse after the mess up, my mobo, ram and gpu would work and if I try to sync my mouse afterwards it wouldn't react, would stay frozen till I restart my pc. My aura ready cooler it's on it's way and shortly I'll order a full fan set to sync with the rest of the components and it would be so dissapointing if lightings would mess up after minutes of syncronization.

I hope that my briefly description indicated you something and I hope that you know what I'm talking about. I'll let you know that I'm using Windows 10 pro, don't know which kernel version, my bios is the same that the mobo came with. I also have the armoury rog installed. I'll provide you the photo of my I/O setup.
If there's anything that I can provide you with just let me know. I'm waiting eagerly to see an indication towards a fix. Thanks a bunch!

jester9 wrote:
When I restart my pc the software works for about 20 minutes, don't know if it's a rule because sometimes works for more than 20 minutes, sometimes less, before every light mess up and nothing would be synced anymore. The thing is if I unsync the mouse after the mess up, my mobo, ram and gpu would work and if I try to sync my mouse afterwards it wouldn't react, would stay frozen till I restart my pc. My aura ready cooler it's on it's way and shortly I'll order a full fan set to sync with the rest of the components and it would be so dissapointing if lightings would mess up after minutes of syncronization.

I hope that my briefly description indicated you something and I hope that you know what I'm talking about. I'll let you know that I'm using Windows 10 pro, don't know which kernel version, my bios is the same that the mobo came with. I also have the armoury rog installed. I'll provide you the photo of my I/O setup.
If there's anything that I can provide you with just let me know. I'm waiting eagerly to see an indication towards a fix. Thanks a bunch!

I see what you mean. Two users had similar issues earlier with the 1.05.25 version. For the next version that will come up soon (I don't have exact date yet, but I am crossing fingers for it to be released next week), it should fix some of those stability issues. For now, could you provide me your full system details:
Motherboard:
BIOS: To know the BIOS and OS version, search for "System Information" in your windows search bar. Then look at Version (under OS version) and BIOS version/date.
Graphics card:
Keyboard:
Mouse:
Cooler:
Monitor:

Also, if you have another lighting control software, make sure to close it before launching AURA.

namoi wrote:
So I tried the two usb 2 just near the ps2 port on my x99 and indeed rainbow effect eventually crawl and freeze. I had to reboot two times as the first one didn't solve the issue.
Now i am trying a usb 3 port.
Mouse is a gladius 2 btw.
Sent from my XT1562 using Tapatalk

Does this only happen with the Rainbow effect?

What the USB 3 ports resulted in?
And don't forget, Keep pushing it !

I have found the last few builds of AURA to not be reliable. The recent releases don't allow me to navigate the interface at all (blacked out and out of place UI - see attached), while previous ones to the recent 2 wouldn't allow me to decouple the RGB settings from the GPU and the MB. It is either selecting synchronized or MB settings only, no way to isolate for GPU RGB. Because of this, I'm currently running an older version (v1.03.50) which operates just fine without any issue.

I've tried uninstalling previous versions, running the AURA cleaner with restarts between each of the installation/uninstallation steps. Not sure what changed in the recent releases but my system doesn't like it. If anyone has any ideas on what is causing the recent software to be finicky, please let me know.

MB: ASUS Z170 Pro Gaming/Aura
BIOS: firmware v3501
Graphics card: ASUS GeForce GTX 1070 OC ROG Strix 1632/1657 MHz 8GB GDDR5
CPU: Intel i5-6600K

Thanks,
travman320