cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AURA v1.05.25 [Report all issues in this thread]

AkaNe0
Level 10
A new version of AURA software is available here. Before reporting, make sure to:
-> Uninstall previous version of AURA through the Control Panel and reboot your system.
-> Run "setup" as Administrator (Right click on "Setup" and "Run as Administrator")
-> Reboot your computer before starting the new AURA
-> If you are still having problem with installing AURA, please run the AURACleaner once you've uninstall and reboot your computer and before launching the "Setup" file.

Changelog v1.05.25

• Update CPU-Z 1.79.1 or later version to avoid conflict with Aura
  • Features new UI with RGB value direct key-in
  • Fix Aura reset to default when booting and waking up from sleep

Note
For X99 chipset motherboards: to enable DRAM LEDs control, please go to BIOS / Ai Tweaker (or Extreme Tweaker) /DRAM Timing Control / DRAM SPD Write : Enabled
For Corsair Memory, due to hardware compatibility limitation, the Breathe and Color Cycle effect do not work.

Known issues

• Corsair 16GB kits (2x8GB) not detecting in AURA software -> Try out the BETA version that fix the issue
  • Issues with the wave effect not working properly
  • Install problem with Windows Fall Creators Update => Temporary solution available here
  • CPU loading issue with system freezing

And don't forget, Keep pushing it !
232 REPLIES 232

cookiejarmonsta wrote:
VGA: Means GPU right? haha I have AORUS X GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Xtreme Edition
Mouse: Razer Mamba tournament edition
Keyboard: razer ornata
AOI if you have: is that the cpu cooler? if so, I have a corsair h100i v2

My mate built a desktop with the same build as me, besides the GPU and he got his aura software to work at the start. I must have a defect on my mobo?

Can you try to do a clean install of AURA and by using the following tool before installing AURA again. Run the AURACleaner before launching the "Setup" file.

Another thing, do you have Razer Synapse installed? If so, please try to install and run AURA without Synapse launched.

heyepic wrote:
I am on the most recent BIOS - I always flash the latest. All I run in addition to this is NZXT Cam and SIdebar Diagnostics. I can uninstall those and this problem still exists.

It's a hard BSOD on windows reboot when the animation swirl is happening on Windows 10. When I power off, I'll be able to get into Windows. If I manually reboot, again, BSOD during windows start animation.

All drivers and BIOS updated. Has occurred since day one with Deluxe II. I've reported this before and always grab the latest Aura in hopes it'll be fixed. Others also have reported this issue.

Can you try the AURA tool cleaner before installed a fresh version of AURA software.

[QUOTE=dude456;680376" TARGET="_blank">"https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-5ZVBfED6aLM2Y1QjhYYjhtNmM" TARGET="_blank">AURA tool cleaner before installed a fresh version of AURA software.

[QUOTE=dude456;680376Hello, I finally finished my full water cooled build but am having some major issues with the aura software any time I go to to run it a message pops up saying an error accrued and it brings me to a website. The one thing i noticed was that the site states the error hasn't been fixed for x99 boards but I have a Maximus ix formula which is a Z270 chipset. I have uninstalled it the easy way and the hard way (deleting everything asus I could find) due to it not wanting to uninstall. And every time i reinstall it, it has the same issue. i have a fresh install of windows 10 which i even and wiped and reinstalled it just to try it. i updated the bios to the newest version (1009) and couple of other things.
Same dudu456, can you try the AURA tool cleaner

[QUOTE=Krusnic;680316" TARGET="_blank">"https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-5ZVBfED6aLM2Y1QjhYYjhtNmM" TARGET="_blank">AURA tool cleaner

[QUOTE=Krusnic;680316I have the same problem. I just built a new PC with the Maximus Formula 9. I really like the flash and dash effect (MB with trident RGB RAM). Works for at most 30 minutes and then the LightingService process starts using a lot of CPU, the flashing stops and if I open Aura it crashes.
How many AURA devices do you have connected?
Also what is your processor specs?

namAehT wrote:
There doesn't seem to be a way to link all the areas to the same color in the Shutdown tab of the new version. I'd like to have all the zones of my motherboard set to the same color, but I don't want to do them all manually.

Separate issue (or request):
I have several high LED count (144/m) addressable strips that I wish to use with my board, the problem is Aura Sync will not let me enter a number higher than 60. Is this a software imposed or hardware limitation? I was planning on powering the strip(s) off of a SATA or Molex power connector, rather than the board, so overloading the board shouldn't be a problem.

EDIT: Won't let me enter higher than 60, previous version allowed up to 120.

60 LED for the addressable header is the optimum for best effects

ressonantia wrote:
The "wave" effect does not seem to be working anymore. Furthermore the speed functionality of the effects also seems to be broken. There is little to no difference between slow/medium/fast.

I also confirmed here that the wave effect isn't smooth enough and the difference between slow/medium/fast can be increased. We will implement this fix in the next version. Thanks for reporting.
And don't forget, Keep pushing it !

AkaNe@Asus wrote:

60 LED for the addressable header is the optimum for best effects

Could this limit be removed and a warning be placed whenever >60 LEDs is entered?
If the hardware controller can handle it, I don't see why it should be restricted in software.

AkaNe@Asus wrote:
How many AURA devices do you have connected?
Also what is your processor specs?

I have the Maximus IX Formula and 4 sticks of Trident Z RGB RAM, processor is 7700K.

AkaNe@Asus wrote:
Do you have another lighting control software open at the same time from competitors?

I would need additional information for this issue.
1. Have you updated your machine with the latest drivers and BIOS?
2. Can you describe when you get the Machine Check Exception - does it happened with a BSoD? If possible can you take a screenshot.

1. Do you have another lighting control software open at the same time from competitors?
2. Have you updated your machine with the latest drivers and BIOS?

I am on the most recent BIOS - I always flash the latest. All I run in addition to this is NZXT Cam and SIdebar Diagnostics. I can uninstall those and this problem still exists.

It's a hard BSOD on windows reboot when the animation swirl is happening on Windows 10. When I power off, I'll be able to get into Windows. If I manually reboot, again, BSOD during windows start animation.

All drivers and BIOS updated. Has occurred since day one with Deluxe II. I've reported this before and always grab the latest Aura in hopes it'll be fixed. Others also have reported this issue.

I just finsished my new build. Ryzen 5 1600x on Asus Strix B350-F, ROG STRIX-GTX1070-O8G-GAMING, Corsair CMR16GX4M2C3000C15, Phanteks Eclipse P400s

I have updated all BIOS, software, windows 10 updates, etc..
Aura 1.05.26 crashes everytime I try to run it. Version 1.05.25 works but it doesnt detect the case or RAM.

sethiol wrote:
I just finsished my new build. Ryzen 5 1600x on Asus Strix B350-F, ROG STRIX-GTX1070-O8G-GAMING, Corsair CMR16GX4M2C3000C15, Phanteks Eclipse P400s

I have updated all BIOS, software, windows 10 updates, etc..
Aura 1.05.26 crashes everytime I try to run it. Version 1.05.25 works but it doesnt detect the case or RAM.

[

There's an Aura 1.05.26?

Mapantz wrote:
There's an Aura 1.05.26?

Why, yes, yes there is a .26. Its a beta version trial fix for Corsair 2x8GB memory RGB sets. Aura, for whatever reason, works on almost all other Corsair sets but the 16GB sets. Seems oddly odd, but ehh.

I did discover a semi fix. Shut down the PC, total power off shut down not just "shut down" from windows. Let the PC sit for a few minutes, and then restart. It "works" when it decides to work. I just had the system shut off for just over an hour, powered on, and WAA WAA WAA, Aura crashed.

Spirti1976 wrote:
Only 3 first profiles are working properly, all others starting with Rainbow are stopping after 15-20 mins, just freezes in random color. When I change the profile after that to Breathing for example - MB, RAM, led strip and keyboard are switching to it but lack sync, mouse stays with the same color from the freeze. Sync is back after reboot along with mouse.

Everything from Rainbow to Music (I didn't test Temperature and Strobing though) doesn't work properly from version to version.

I have the same problem. I just built a new PC with the Maximus Formula 9. I really like the flash and dash effect (MB with trident RGB RAM). Works for at most 30 minutes and then the LightingService process starts using a lot of CPU, the flashing stops and if I open Aura it crashes.

i just bought i7 8700k with asus z370f..i had z270f...and aura works perfect...now with the new motherboard...i install aura...and motherboard dont detect...so the rgb headers are not working to...only dram..and gpu.....:( how can i fix this..i tried everything

eviqine wrote:
i just bought i7 8700k with asus z370f..i had z270f...and aura works perfect...now with the new motherboard...i install aura...and motherboard dont detect...so the rgb headers are not working to...only dram..and gpu.....:( how can i fix this..i tried everything

This.