cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AURA v1.05.25 [Report all issues in this thread]

AkaNe0
Level 10
A new version of AURA software is available here. Before reporting, make sure to:
-> Uninstall previous version of AURA through the Control Panel and reboot your system.
-> Run "setup" as Administrator (Right click on "Setup" and "Run as Administrator")
-> Reboot your computer before starting the new AURA
-> If you are still having problem with installing AURA, please run the AURACleaner once you've uninstall and reboot your computer and before launching the "Setup" file.

Changelog v1.05.25

• Update CPU-Z 1.79.1 or later version to avoid conflict with Aura
  • Features new UI with RGB value direct key-in
  • Fix Aura reset to default when booting and waking up from sleep

Note
For X99 chipset motherboards: to enable DRAM LEDs control, please go to BIOS / Ai Tweaker (or Extreme Tweaker) /DRAM Timing Control / DRAM SPD Write : Enabled
For Corsair Memory, due to hardware compatibility limitation, the Breathe and Color Cycle effect do not work.

Known issues

• Corsair 16GB kits (2x8GB) not detecting in AURA software -> Try out the BETA version that fix the issue
  • Issues with the wave effect not working properly
  • Install problem with Windows Fall Creators Update => Temporary solution available here
  • CPU loading issue with system freezing

And don't forget, Keep pushing it !
232 REPLIES 232

AkaNe@Asus wrote:

Not at the moment. Questions, which cable are you using exactly and how many cm?

I'm using a "WS2812B 5050 RGB Flexible LED Strip 1M 144LED Individual Addressable 5V BS"

on the ROG STRIX X299-E GAMING MoBo using the 1 ADD header

AkaNe@Asus wrote:
Not at the moment. Questions, which cable are you using exactly and how many cm?

I have two meters of this, which totals 288 LEDs. I'm going to be powering the strip off of a molex connector since I doubt the board can supply the necessary amperage.

EDIT: The board will use the first 60 LEDs in the strip perfectly fine, but due to the limit no more are lit (except for the rainbow effect which lights the first 120 for some reason)

AkaNe@Asus wrote:

Can you provide the following:
-> Full specs including BIOS version and OS
-> BIOS screenshot "main" page

Please also check the LED connector on your Z370F motherboard that is located under the I/o cover. You need to unscrew two screws from the back and then unplug and plug back the connector.

Specs:
CPU- Intel Core i7-8700k
Motherboard- ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming
GPU- Aorus Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 6gb
RAM- 16GB (2x8GB) Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz
Case- NZXT Noctis 450 ROG
BIOS: 0410 x64

Will have a look at the connector right away!!

Ive just brought the Strix Z370F MB when i first started up there was light in the aura, but not there is no light no matter what i try. I tried to uninstall reinstall, install an older version af Aura (1.05.24) But nothing helps.

Please help me. In the aura program it does not detect the aura on the motherboard.

CPU- Intel Core i7-8700k
GPU- MSI GTX960 Gaming 2GB
RAM- 16GB (2x8GB) Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz
BIOS: 0430 x64

adamm01111995 wrote:
Specs:
CPU- Intel Core i7-8700k
GPU- Aorus Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 6gb
RAM- 16GB (2x8GB) Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz
Case- NZXT Noctis 450 ROG
BIOS: 0410 x64

Will have a look at the connector right away!!

I see that your BIOS is not the latest one. Please download and flash the latest BIOS for the Z370-F available on the support page (0430 on 11/08 date).

Once the new BIOS flashed, please uninstall and install again the AURA software and see if the LED works.

If not, please take again a screenshot of your BIOS.

Nikolajk wrote:
Ive just brought the Strix Z370F MB when i first started up there was light in the aura, but not there is no light no matter what i try. I tried to uninstall reinstall, install an older version af Aura (1.05.24) But nothing helps.

Please help me. In the aura program it does not detect the aura on the motherboard.

CPU- Intel Core i7-8700k
GPU- MSI GTX960 Gaming 2GB
RAM- 16GB (2x8GB) Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz
BIOS: 0430 x64

Same thing for you, please help to check that you have the latest BIOS, drivers and firmware installed.

Once updated, please uninstall and reinstall AURA. If your LED do not work, please take a screenshot of the Main tab in your BIOS.

namAehT wrote:
I have two meters of this, which totals 288 LEDs. I'm going to be powering the strip off of a molex connector since I doubt the board can supply the necessary amperage.

EDIT: The board will use the first 60 LEDs in the strip perfectly fine, but due to the limit no more are lit (except for the rainbow effect which lights the first 120 for some reason)

Four20 wrote:
I'm using a "WS2812B 5050 RGB Flexible LED Strip 1M 144LED Individual Addressable 5V BS"

on the ROG STRIX X299-E GAMING MoBo using the 1 ADD header

Thanks both for forwarding your LED strip information. I will check if this limitation can be remove.

@AkaNe@Asus Ive just updated my bios yesterday to 430 and checked that i have all the lastest version af drivers on ASUS support page. I will provide you with the screenshot of the main tab from my bios ASAP. Thanks

Here is my screendump from bios

all updated...still i open aura...it works after a little...motherboard in aura..lost ....so i can sync the motherboard and the strips with ram and gpu....i try all the solutions they work for couple hours

Nikolajk wrote:
Here is my screendump from bios

Could you try this:

Please also check the LED connector on your Z370F motherboard that is located under the I/o cover. You need to unscrew two screws from the back and then unplug and plug back the connector.

WOW Finally it worked.. But the two screws you are talking about.. I cant find them to loose the cover.. I ended up loosen the heatshink. But the time i had the power off was enough to it start lightning when i put back power on. Uninstall AURA and reinstall and FINALLY it found it in AURA. THANK YOU SO MUCH.