cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AURA v1.05.25 [Report all issues in this thread]

AkaNe0
Level 10
A new version of AURA software is available here. Before reporting, make sure to:
-> Uninstall previous version of AURA through the Control Panel and reboot your system.
-> Run "setup" as Administrator (Right click on "Setup" and "Run as Administrator")
-> Reboot your computer before starting the new AURA
-> If you are still having problem with installing AURA, please run the AURACleaner once you've uninstall and reboot your computer and before launching the "Setup" file.

Changelog v1.05.25

• Update CPU-Z 1.79.1 or later version to avoid conflict with Aura
  • Features new UI with RGB value direct key-in
  • Fix Aura reset to default when booting and waking up from sleep

Note
For X99 chipset motherboards: to enable DRAM LEDs control, please go to BIOS / Ai Tweaker (or Extreme Tweaker) /DRAM Timing Control / DRAM SPD Write : Enabled
For Corsair Memory, due to hardware compatibility limitation, the Breathe and Color Cycle effect do not work.

Known issues

• Corsair 16GB kits (2x8GB) not detecting in AURA software -> Try out the BETA version that fix the issue
  • Issues with the wave effect not working properly
  • Install problem with Windows Fall Creators Update => Temporary solution available here
  • CPU loading issue with system freezing

And don't forget, Keep pushing it !
232 REPLIES 232

I have updated my bios, but the problem still persists.
Is this a card or LED fault??
Is it an aura software error???
I'm using the new version of Aura

I have to send it to warranty service ? pls help:(

I guess this is a bug, didn't notice it until recently though.
When using the Rock Music lighting effect, my Trident Z RGB ram doesn't turn white with the rest of my board when the sound gets loud. I can set the ram color to white using the static color, so it's not a limitation of the ram RGBs. Just kind of strange looking when my whole board is flashing white with a loud song and my ram is sitting there pulsing orange.
If a video is needed to explain better, I can take one.

MB: Rampage VI Extreme
RAM: Trident Z F4-3200C16Q-32GTZR

Motherboard: Asus ROG Zenith Extreme X399
Ram: Corsair Vengeance RGB 3600mhz (1x 4 stick kit, 2x 2 stick kit)

Hey,

Just tested out the new 1.05.25 update. As of writing it appears it does not function with the Zenith Extreme motherboards RGB lighting at all. All the LED lighting on the board turns off except the Mboards LED strip which gets stuck at a static colour and will not change (or gets stuck to off). In the Aura software, the option to toggle what lighting effects/colours gets applied to individual parts on the mboard and which sticks of ram/LEDs is missing. And finally, I can only change half my Corsair memory's colour/effects due to having a 4 stick kit and 2x 2 stick kits installed - I realise this is a known issue.

Tested 1.05.26 as I am using two dual packs of Corsair RGB memory. This fixed the issue of the 2x 2 stick kits not being recognized - I can now change the colour/effects across all memory installed. Sadly, all other issues remain from 1.05.25.

Reverted back to 1.01.13 which came with the board, and can address everything individually again but lose access to the 2x 2 sticks of RGB ram again 😞

Hope this helps and can get fixed! Loving this board and have plans for the RGB!

Cheers,
Huski.

I've just found another issue.. when I choose the 'Static' option, (either single colour or by area) the VGA LED's switch off.

MrAgapiGC
Level 13
UPDATE...... I try a old version of aura, with above new IME and drivers and 0 errors NO AisIO.sys. I install Aura ver. 10.05.22 These is one of the odd weekend since the new crap windows. Now aura is running and the gputweak ver 1.5.7 is running perfect. i will try another test and check values and post back. I am going to bed now. there is a issue here and is bad. I am following another computer now with similar issues as mine and i will try to apply the same method. KUDOS!
Learn, Play Enjoy!

Is this Aura version supposed to be compatible with Asus ROG Maximus VIII Hero Alpha? All the previous versions including the one in the drivers section of the motherboard stops working every time you try to launch it, literally every single one of them, and this is happening after the October FCU update. Yes I'm running the latest BIOS and yes it's a fresh Windows install. This version installs and launches normally but it seems to not detect the motherboard.

Update: Tried installing the Aura 1.05.25 and this time it crashed when I tried to open it, so I uninstalled and ran the Aura Cleaner, then once again, I tried the "newest" one on my motherboard's support page (1.01.16) and it worked! Only thing I did different was: Right click the zip file and hit properties, at the bottom click the "Unblock" check box then hit OK. Unzip the zip and run AsusSetup.exe as Administrator. I'm still wondering if this new version is going to support previous motherboards like mine.

MrAgapiGC
Level 13
I my case. after hours trying to get a fix. i roll down to 1.05.22 since with the ime intel new update i could no install the new version. i uninstall run the cleaner install the old version and it works. i got aura work. but still have other issues. i can oc since y cooler is damage but is running ok. something is broken with the new patch that the new version is not loading.
Learn, Play Enjoy!

Less than a week ago, I received my new components for a complete system rebuild. To say I was excited would be an understatement. To put a finer point on it, I built the system while on Staff Duty. For those that have not served in the US military or any military for that matter, you man a desk that serves much like a reception desk at a large business, but not exactly. I digress.

Shortly after getting the system built, windows installed, drivers updated, etc...the system started behaving badly. Mostly after having the system woken from sleep or hibernation, the screen would go black within 5-15 minutes. All RGB lights still on and strobing/breathing/whatever, fans still spinning; from all appearances the system still appeared to be on. Occasionally, the lights on the keyboard or mouse would go out. It was really getting irritating. The only way to turn the system off was by turning off the power switch on the PSU. After a few days of troubleshooting and much frustration, I finally decided on a full Windows 10 reset.

Once the Windows 10 reset, each driver was installed individually, the system was restarted, Ccleaner registry fix ran, and next driver installed. Rinse and repeat until complete. Over the course of yesterday and today, there was only one recurrence of the original problem. I held off installing any Asus software until the system appeared to be stable. Then installed AI Suite, Sonic Studio, GameFirst, and finally Aura Sync. I saved Aura sync for last as this seemed to be the software that was causing alot of issues the first time around. After installing each program, games were ran, browsed the interwebs, and did some normal hard drive swapping, data moving from drive to drive and other normal tasks that are performed throughout the course of the week. No issues or odd restarts. It wasnt until I installed Corsair LINK v4.9.1.23 that almost immediately had issues with system lock-up and having to hard shut down the system. Immediately uninstalled Corsair Link, ran Ccleaner, deleted any left over Corsair software and performed a reboot. Its been almost 24 hours since, the system has gone into sleep, hibernate, and woken from both without incident.

This is not to say that Corsair LINK is bad software. More that something between the Corsair and Asus software were causing the system to crash/lock up. I could probably run Corsair Link without issue if I uninstalled Aura or other Asus RoG specific software. I spell all of this out just encase someone else runs into similar issues, can try what I have done or maybe someone will see this before running into the same problems I have. I havent attempted to install 1.05.26 beta yet, I had enough problems the first time and I am trying to enjoy a stable system. Maybe in a few days I will give it a try.

If the Aura devs are reading this or anyone else for that matter, let me know if you can recreate the issues? Has anyone else had issues with Aura 1.05.25 and Corsair LINK v4.9.1.23?

pgalmeida
Level 7
namoi wrote:
You need the phanteks mobo adapter which de cross the wire (they are not standard on phanteks stuff).

http://www.phanteks.com/PH-CB_RGB4P.html

If you have it already, check this :

Be sure also to follow the instruction before unpluging the front leds from the sata connector (long press the led button until they turn off) then unplug the sata connector.
If you don't do it the phanteks led controller will continue to work alongside aura which will mess the lighting.

Sent from my XT1562 using Tapatalk

I did turn off the leds and unplugged de sata conector before connecting the case leds to the motherboard. Guess I need the adapter after all. Thank you for your response namoi

leekimah
Level 7
It crashes when I open the Aura Sync App. I have tried reinstalling. No luck. Have tried the Aura Cleaner too during uninstallation. Please help

Windows 10 Version 1709 (OS Build 16299.64)
Intel i7-6700K
ASUS Maximus IX Code BIOS 1009
Corsair H110i
ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1080 OC
Seagate 1TB
Phanteks Enthoo Evolve ATX
Cougar CMX 700 v3
ASUS ROG SWIFT PG348Q
ASUS ROG CLAYMORE
ASUS ROG SPATHA/GLADIUS II