cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AURA v1.05.25 [Report all issues in this thread]

AkaNe0
Level 10
A new version of AURA software is available here. Before reporting, make sure to:
-> Uninstall previous version of AURA through the Control Panel and reboot your system.
-> Run "setup" as Administrator (Right click on "Setup" and "Run as Administrator")
-> Reboot your computer before starting the new AURA
-> If you are still having problem with installing AURA, please run the AURACleaner once you've uninstall and reboot your computer and before launching the "Setup" file.

Changelog v1.05.25

• Update CPU-Z 1.79.1 or later version to avoid conflict with Aura
  • Features new UI with RGB value direct key-in
  • Fix Aura reset to default when booting and waking up from sleep

Note
For X99 chipset motherboards: to enable DRAM LEDs control, please go to BIOS / Ai Tweaker (or Extreme Tweaker) /DRAM Timing Control / DRAM SPD Write : Enabled
For Corsair Memory, due to hardware compatibility limitation, the Breathe and Color Cycle effect do not work.

Known issues

• Corsair 16GB kits (2x8GB) not detecting in AURA software -> Try out the BETA version that fix the issue
  • Issues with the wave effect not working properly
  • Install problem with Windows Fall Creators Update => Temporary solution available here
  • CPU loading issue with system freezing

And don't forget, Keep pushing it !
232 REPLIES 232

Nikolajk wrote:
WOW Finally it worked.. But the two screws you are talking about.. I cant find them to loose the cover.. I ended up loosen the heatshink. But the time i had the power off was enough to it start lightning when i put back power on. Uninstall AURA and reinstall and FINALLY it found it in AURA. THANK YOU SO MUCH.

Glad it worked out!

Here is where are located the screws to remove the I/O cover as well as a picture of the connector to look at for reference. For both Z370-E and Z370-F, screws location is the same.

sethiol wrote:
I just finsished my new build. Ryzen 5 1600x on Asus Strix B350-F, ROG STRIX-GTX1070-O8G-GAMING, Corsair CMR16GX4M2C3000C15, Phanteks Eclipse P400s

I have updated all BIOS, software, windows 10 updates, etc..
Aura 1.05.26 crashes everytime I try to run it. Version 1.05.25 works but it doesnt detect the case or RAM.

Please note that the 1.05.26 is a beta version. A new version will come up soon and will fix the Corsair issue. For now, please use the 1.05.25 version.

adamm01111995 wrote:
FIXED. Two things contributed.
- the rgb LED on the motherboard wasn't actually plugged in
- the bios update fixed the issue with aura not detecting the rgb lighting

Thanks for all the help. I really appreciate it:)

Great it works now!

very annoying

what is the problem ?please help me,

I am using asus aura lighting control but an old version.

there was no such problem before

bixsi wrote:
very annoying
what is the problem ?please help me,
I am using asus aura lighting control but an old version.
there was no such problem before

Check the dedicated thread.

Brighttail wrote:
So where are we at here? Just really waiting for the new Aura to come out? Honestly I have been late to the party getting my build slowly done, but it is up, everything is installed EXCEPT Aura right now. Seriously, after what I went through to get this computer up and running the LAST thing I want to do is have to tear it apart to have to unplug RGB headers. 😕

I will give a try to AURA 1.05.25 again. For the new version, we need few more days.

capitaltpt wrote:
I've had a problem with every AURA version to date when it comes to addressable LED strips. I'm using CableMod Addressable strips plugged into the addressable header on my Zenith Extreme, but Aura only shows 1 option for "ADD strip" in the drop down. As a result, the entire strip is the same color rather than being able to individually address each LED. No idea if it's something my end or the software. Can anyone confirm? Any ideas?

Under Static and Strobing effects, the LED of the addressable cannot be controlled in Gradient. However you can do it using the other effects like Yoyo, comet or Starry-night. However, this feature would be nice to have. I have added it into the suggestion list!

AkaNe@Asus wrote:

Under Static and Strobing effects, the LED of the addressable cannot be controlled in Gradient. However you can do it using the other effects like Yoyo, comet or Starry-night. However, this feature would be nice to have. I have added it into the suggestion list!

It would be nice to do more than just a gradient as well. Ideally, I'd like to be able to turn off specific LEDs on the strip to even out the lighting in my case. I'd like it work the same way the RGB RAM and Backplane on the motherboard work where each is individually selectable and controllable........you know.....addressable 😉

Your Armory and firmware are the latest one.

Can you confirm you use the 1.05.25 version of AURA and that the latest BIOS of your Rampage V Edition 10 is updated (1701 on 11/07 date).

You can then try to do a clean install of AURA if the Spatha is still not showing up.

Also have you updated to Windows 10 Fall Creator update?

ok so I am on the latest firmware (1701) and updated to windows 10 Fall Creator (insider update).

I did not reinstall my AURA Software. What I did was just plug in and plug out the usb connector to the 2.0 ports and after a few restarts later, it shows back in the AURA Software.

And all can be sync back as per normal. I wonder if i ever unplugged the USB it wont detect again...

Saw a new update for the BIOS, whats in the new BIOS update? doesnt say much onsite.

AkaNe@Asus wrote:
I see that your BIOS is not the latest one. Please download and flash the latest BIOS for the Z370-F available on the support page (0430 on 11/08 date).

Once the new BIOS flashed, please uninstall and install again the AURA software and see if the LED works.

If not, please take again a screenshot of your BIOS.

adamm01111995 wrote:

Was your mobo led had the rainbow effect when you turned off your desktop before hand?

AkaNe@Asus wrote:
To all, a new version of AURA should be soon available. For the following issues, they will be fixed:

• Corsair 16GB kits (2x8GB) not detecting in AURA software
  • Issues with the wave effect not working properly
  • Install problem with Windows Fall Creators Update => Temporary solution available here
  • CPU loading issue with system freezing

Any ETA on the removal of the 60 addressable LED limit?

AkaNe@Asus wrote:
Mapantz,

I will report your case, along with others that have the same CPU load issue. Could you provide the additional information:
BIOS:

Hi

• - OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 16299) Creators Fall
  • - Mobo: Asus STRIX Z270E GAMING
  • - BIOS: American Megatrends Inc. 1009 (07/23/2017)

After doing some testing, it is modes that make the LED's flash that cause the high CPU load. Comet, Flash and Dash, Glowing YoYo do not work properly either. For example, on Glowing YoYo, not all of the DIMMS on the RAM light up (just randomly) sometimes they don't light up at all. The same goes for the LED's on the mobo and the VGA card - they miss flashes randomly. I've created some GIF's to try and illustrate the issue.

Glowing YoYo:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-bvSaDQDSQNNHlOODNDbkxQSUU

You'll see the VGA card miss the flash, and some of the RAM DIMM's miss too.

Flash and Dash:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-bvSaDQDSQNSHA0OXBoMDItTDg

Comet:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-bvSaDQDSQNbnB0eHZCc0t2QjQ

It starts to stutter as well, as if there's a latency issue.

I like the flashing modes, but I tend to keep it on static now, as friends point out that it misses certain effects.