cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AURA v1.05.25 [Report all issues in this thread]

AkaNe0
Level 10
A new version of AURA software is available here. Before reporting, make sure to:
-> Uninstall previous version of AURA through the Control Panel and reboot your system.
-> Run "setup" as Administrator (Right click on "Setup" and "Run as Administrator")
-> Reboot your computer before starting the new AURA
-> If you are still having problem with installing AURA, please run the AURACleaner once you've uninstall and reboot your computer and before launching the "Setup" file.

Changelog v1.05.25

• Update CPU-Z 1.79.1 or later version to avoid conflict with Aura
  • Features new UI with RGB value direct key-in
  • Fix Aura reset to default when booting and waking up from sleep

Note
For X99 chipset motherboards: to enable DRAM LEDs control, please go to BIOS / Ai Tweaker (or Extreme Tweaker) /DRAM Timing Control / DRAM SPD Write : Enabled
For Corsair Memory, due to hardware compatibility limitation, the Breathe and Color Cycle effect do not work.

Known issues

• Corsair 16GB kits (2x8GB) not detecting in AURA software -> Try out the BETA version that fix the issue
  • Issues with the wave effect not working properly
  • Install problem with Windows Fall Creators Update => Temporary solution available here
  • CPU loading issue with system freezing

And don't forget, Keep pushing it !
232 REPLIES 232

jrees
Level 7
Well, tried installing it once again and it still give me catastrophic failure messages. An installation support file could not be installed.

I've tried running AI3 cleaner and it's not helping. So frustrating.

I'm very happy at the moment, as I have managed to fix my AURA issues and the board is now working correctly. :cool::D

I updated the Rampage VI Extreme thread: https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?96636-ASUS-Rampage-VI-Extreme-and-Aura-software&p=684316&v...

Hi,

I got updated bios, aura software etc... everything is updated.

just happens that when im using aura settings like rainbow, comet , flash and drive, those effects that has blinking effect etc, aura seems to stop working, had to restart computer for it to get to work.

aura stopped working especially with claymore and rog pugio on sync.

Flint018 wrote:
Hi,

I got updated bios, aura software etc... everything is updated.

just happens that when im using aura settings like rainbow, comet , flash and drive, those effects that has blinking effect etc, aura seems to stop working, had to restart computer for it to get to work.

same whats happening to my aura sync *SIGH*

all drivers and bios are updated too!

RambOe
Level 7
I'm not sure if this is mentioned before but LightingService.exe is using almost 15% CPU.

Yesterday, 08:25 PM
jrees
ROG Member
Reason
problem solved
no man
the problem persist

Brighttail
Level 11
So is it worth even installing a previous version of Aura at this point or will they be broke cause of the FCU? Should we just wait for the new aura?
Panteks Enthoo Elite / Asus x299 Rampage VI Extreme / Intel I9-7900X / Corsair Dominator RGB 3200MHz

MSI GTX 1080 TI / 2x Intel 900p / Samsung 970 Pro 512GB

Samsung 850 PRO 512GB / Western Digital Gold 8TB HD

Corsair AX 1200i / Corsair Platinum K95 / Asus Chakram

Acer XB321HK 4k, IPS, G-sync Monitor / Water Cooled / Asus G571JT Laptop

Brighttail
Level 11
So where are we at here? Just really waiting for the new Aura to come out? Honestly I have been late to the party getting my build slowly done, but it is up, everything is installed EXCEPT Aura right now. Seriously, after what I went through to get this computer up and running the LAST thing I want to do is have to tear it apart to have to unplug RGB headers. 😕
Panteks Enthoo Elite / Asus x299 Rampage VI Extreme / Intel I9-7900X / Corsair Dominator RGB 3200MHz

MSI GTX 1080 TI / 2x Intel 900p / Samsung 970 Pro 512GB

Samsung 850 PRO 512GB / Western Digital Gold 8TB HD

Corsair AX 1200i / Corsair Platinum K95 / Asus Chakram

Acer XB321HK 4k, IPS, G-sync Monitor / Water Cooled / Asus G571JT Laptop

I've had a problem with every AURA version to date when it comes to addressable LED strips. I'm using CableMod Addressable strips plugged into the addressable header on my Zenith Extreme, but Aura only shows 1 option for "ADD strip" in the drop down. As a result, the entire strip is the same color rather than being able to individually address each LED. No idea if it's something my end or the software. Can anyone confirm? Any ideas?

salada2k
Level 7
ASUS Maximus IX Formula w/ Corsair Dominator RGB 4x8GB

v1.05.25: RGB Headers on board work fine. Corsair RAM can only do some effects. Static always works no problem and Aura is stable. Breathing does not work at all on the RAM sticks. Rainbow for example, works, but only for some time. After a while, the RAM sticks stay the same colour and the LED strips dont fade in and out anymore, they just 'snap' to other colours and dont rotate through all the colours, just a couple of colours. At this point the Aura software starts lagging, and only responds to one click every 10 seconds. The only way out of this is to reboot.