cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AURA v1.05.25 [Report all issues in this thread]

AkaNe0
Level 10
A new version of AURA software is available here. Before reporting, make sure to:
-> Uninstall previous version of AURA through the Control Panel and reboot your system.
-> Run "setup" as Administrator (Right click on "Setup" and "Run as Administrator")
-> Reboot your computer before starting the new AURA
-> If you are still having problem with installing AURA, please run the AURACleaner once you've uninstall and reboot your computer and before launching the "Setup" file.

Changelog v1.05.25

• Update CPU-Z 1.79.1 or later version to avoid conflict with Aura
  • Features new UI with RGB value direct key-in
  • Fix Aura reset to default when booting and waking up from sleep

Note
For X99 chipset motherboards: to enable DRAM LEDs control, please go to BIOS / Ai Tweaker (or Extreme Tweaker) /DRAM Timing Control / DRAM SPD Write : Enabled
For Corsair Memory, due to hardware compatibility limitation, the Breathe and Color Cycle effect do not work.

Known issues

• Corsair 16GB kits (2x8GB) not detecting in AURA software -> Try out the BETA version that fix the issue
  • Issues with the wave effect not working properly
  • Install problem with Windows Fall Creators Update => Temporary solution available here
  • CPU loading issue with system freezing

And don't forget, Keep pushing it !
232 REPLIES 232

Mapantz wrote:
This is what is happening with me, but it isn't lasting a few days, more like hours. From what I can see, it's occurring if a profile that has flashing in it, causes the high CPU load. I can't say for certain, as I've only just put it to the static profile - I'll keep an eye on it.

re they fixed it with a patch; I'm using the latest version, so it hasn't fixed my issue lol

Mapantz,

I will report your case, along with others that have the same CPU load issue. Could you provide the additional information:
BIOS:

Hello,

Aura stopped working for me yesterday. I noticed it was no longer cycling through colors and when i try to run it the program crashes.
I have tried reinstalling it a few times, running aura cleaner and manually removing the files before installing again.
I also have corsair link but i have tried with corsair link app and service not running and it didnt make a difference.

I am running Maximus X Hero (wifi) with bios 0505. Windows 10 Pro Version 1709 Build 16299.19 (fall creators update)
Aura version is 1.05.25.

When aura crashes i get this:
WARNING: Following frames may be wrong.
aura+0x187ec
aura+0x8b3c4
aura+0x847f1
aura+0x361f4
aura+0x3a7da
aura+0x34a7f
aura+0xaf484
aura+0xc4c11

Report information
Manufacturer Manufacturer01
Application name AURA for X99 series
Application version 0.0.0.0
Problem state Bug unassigned
Problem 329916
Dump group 920069
Dump 17712452

Anything i can try to get it running again? I have no idea what those aura+ things mean at all 🙂

Where does one get the Aura cleaner?

Fanskap wrote:
Hello,

Aura stopped working for me yesterday. I noticed it was no longer cycling through colors and when i try to run it the program crashes.
I have tried reinstalling it a few times, running aura cleaner and manually removing the files before installing again.
I also have corsair link but i have tried with corsair link app and service not running and it didnt make a difference.

I am running Maximus X Hero (wifi) with bios 0505. Windows 10 Pro Version 1709 Build 16299.19 (fall creators update)
Aura version is 1.05.25.

aura+0x187ec
aura+0x8b3c4
aura+0x847f1
aura+0x361f4
aura+0x3a7da
aura+0x34a7f
aura+0xaf484
aura+0xc4c11

Report information
Problem 329916
Dump group 920069
Dump 17712452

Anything i can try to get it running again? I have no idea what those aura+ things mean at all 🙂

dud54759 wrote:
Where does one get the Aura cleaner?

These same threat, page 8, #80. read my response you will see, "...please run auracleaner..." will highlight to a address.

Before doing these read very carefully how to do it. since then aura as work perfect.
Learn, Play Enjoy!

Update on my crashing aura issue. I tried installing older versions and completly uninstalling corsair link and cleaning up old files and registry entrys for both link and aura. Didnt change a thing it would still crash instantly. What solved it was after shutdown turning of the power on the powersupply, reboots and normal shutdown didnt make a difference. Strange, something "buggy" with the aura system on the board that wasnt resolved untill the system was completly powered down?

I also noticed when aura wasnt working properly the lightningservice process was using 10-15% cpu and now when its working again its around 2-3% cpu.

Itzycharles wrote:
These same threat, page 8, #80. read my response you will see, "...please run auracleaner..." will highlight to a address.

Before doing these read very carefully how to do it. since then aura as work perfect.

Followed and this is what I got

aura+0x187ec
aura+0x8b3c4
aura+0x847f1
aura+0x361f4
aura+0x3a7da
aura+0x34a7f
aura+0xaf484
aura+0xc4c1

still no update?guys come on

Fanskap wrote:
Hello,

Aura version is 1.05.25.

aura+0x187ec
aura+0x8b3c4
aura+0x847f1
aura+0x361f4
aura+0x3a7da
aura+0x34a7f
aura+0xaf484
aura+0xc4c11

Report information
Problem 329916
Dump group 920069
Dump 17712452

Please try to follow the steps as well as @dud54759

sevpl wrote:
I also had this problem.

A solution that helped me:
Right click the zip file and hit properties.
At the bottom click the "Unblock" check box then hit OK.

Unzip the zip and run AsusSetup.exe as Administrator. You must unblock the ZIP before you extract the files.

Mapantz wrote:
Hi

• - OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 16299) Creators Fall
  • - Mobo: Asus STRIX Z270E GAMING
  • - BIOS: American Megatrends Inc. 1009 (07/23/2017)

After doing some testing, it is modes that make the LED's flash that cause the high CPU load. Comet, Flash and Dash, Glowing YoYo do not work properly either. For example, on Glowing YoYo, not all of the DIMMS on the RAM light up (just randomly) sometimes they don't light up at all. The same goes for the LED's on the mobo and the VGA card - they miss flashes randomly. I've created some GIF's to try and illustrate the issue.

Glowing YoYo:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-bvSaDQDSQNNHlOODNDbkxQSUU

You'll see the VGA card miss the flash, and some of the RAM DIMM's miss too.

Flash and Dash:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-bvSaDQDSQNSHA0OXBoMDItTDg

Comet:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-bvSaDQDSQNbnB0eHZCc0t2QjQ

It starts to stutter as well, as if there's a latency issue.

I like the flashing modes, but I tend to keep it on static now, as friends point out that it misses certain effects.

Thanks for those additional info.

'[GT3 wrote:
RSR;684322']I'm very happy at the moment, as I have managed to fix my AURA issues and the board is now working correctly. :cool::D

I updated the Rampage VI Extreme thread: https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?96636-ASUS-Rampage-VI-Extreme-and-Aura-software&p=684316&v...

Thanks for posting your fix. Glad you found out a solution to get your LED back on working.

RambOe wrote:
I'm not sure if this is mentioned before but LightingService.exe is using almost 15% CPU.

We are working on this issue.

To all, a new version of AURA should be soon available. For the following issues, they will be fixed:

• Corsair 16GB kits (2x8GB) not detecting in AURA software
  • Issues with the wave effect not working properly
  • Install problem with Windows Fall Creators Update => Temporary solution available here
  • CPU loading issue with system freezing

so the latest update made Aura not detecting my spatha anymore. Was fine before this. What can be the problem?
This is the firmware version

And not detected by AURA

yuzdaboyz wrote:
so the latest update made Aura not detecting my spatha anymore. Was fine before this. What can be the problem?
This is the firmware version

And not detected by AURA

Your Armory and firmware are the latest one.

Can you confirm you use the 1.05.25 version of AURA and that the latest BIOS of your Rampage V Edition 10 is updated (1701 on 11/07 date).

You can then try to do a clean install of AURA if the Spatha is still not showing up.

Also have you updated to Windows 10 Fall Creator update?

namAehT wrote:
Any ETA on the removal of the 60 addressable LED limit?

Not at the moment. Questions, which cable are you using exactly and how many cm?

adamm01111995 wrote:
Hi. I seem to be having a similar issue as drgabber. Aura Sync isnt detecting either my motherboard or the case. It is a new build, I just put together but I tried other versions of Aura and that doesn't fix the issue.

Also while the RGB lighting strips on the case do light up, the motherboard stays dark.

Aura is not crashing in my case either. It's just not detecting either the case or the motherboard.

Ps. This is kind of duplicating the thread I created a couple of hours ago, but this seems to be a more appropriate place for it.

Can you provide the following:
-> Full specs including BIOS version and OS
-> BIOS screenshot "main" page

Please also check the LED connector on your Z370F motherboard that is located under the I/o cover. You need to unscrew two screws from the back and then unplug and plug back the connector.

Brighttail wrote:
So is it worth even installing a previous version of Aura at this point or will they be broke cause of the FCU? Should we just wait for the new aura?

You can download the 1.05.25 version and use the temporary fix for the ones that have the Windows Fall Creator issue.

Right click the zip file and hit properties.
At the bottom click the "Unblock" check box then hit OK.
Unzip the zip and run AsusSetup.exe as Administrator. You must unblock the ZIP before you extract the files.