cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AURA v1.05.25 [Report all issues in this thread]

AkaNe0
Level 10
A new version of AURA software is available here. Before reporting, make sure to:
-> Uninstall previous version of AURA through the Control Panel and reboot your system.
-> Run "setup" as Administrator (Right click on "Setup" and "Run as Administrator")
-> Reboot your computer before starting the new AURA
-> If you are still having problem with installing AURA, please run the AURACleaner once you've uninstall and reboot your computer and before launching the "Setup" file.

Changelog v1.05.25

• Update CPU-Z 1.79.1 or later version to avoid conflict with Aura
  • Features new UI with RGB value direct key-in
  • Fix Aura reset to default when booting and waking up from sleep

Note
For X99 chipset motherboards: to enable DRAM LEDs control, please go to BIOS / Ai Tweaker (or Extreme Tweaker) /DRAM Timing Control / DRAM SPD Write : Enabled
For Corsair Memory, due to hardware compatibility limitation, the Breathe and Color Cycle effect do not work.

Known issues

• Corsair 16GB kits (2x8GB) not detecting in AURA software -> Try out the BETA version that fix the issue
  • Issues with the wave effect not working properly
  • Install problem with Windows Fall Creators Update => Temporary solution available here
  • CPU loading issue with system freezing

And don't forget, Keep pushing it !
232 REPLIES 232

Doug2507
Level 10
Managed to get mine working, waste of time though as can't save a profile and resets as soon as I close it! FFS!

Thanks for your support AkaNe ! I'll wait for the next update then ... I'll enjoy some rainbow rgb show until then ! 🙂

Carbonicdk
Level 8
Just made a fresh install of windows 10 pro fall creators update on my Z370-E and it can't find the built in motherboard LED's or RGB LED strips. It's also rather unstable and unreliable.
In other words, Aura is pretty much broken on the latest general release version of Windows .

dud54759
Level 7
Tried to install this today on my z170 Formula. Installs fine but program fails to start. I had to revert back to what was on the cd to get any program to fire back up and control my aura.

NeptunesTrident
Level 7
I have some issues with the cablemod widebeam rgb strips on my crosshair 6 extreme and aura. Use two 60cm strips chained but if i use another color then red in aura they have always different colors and i can’t change it. I also have really annoying whine from the rgb header if i use other modes then static.

The MoBo is also locked in aura. The RGB works but i can‘t change/safe it separately in aura

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Four20 wrote:
Hey guys I'm having the same problem as namAehT

Specs:
CPU: i9-7900X
GPU: GTX 1080Ti x2 SLI
RAM: 32GB Corsair VENGEANCE RGB DDR4 3000MHz
MoBo: ROG STRIX X299-E GAMING

I got a 144 LED strip but can only enter upto 60 on Asus Aura

I have added this point to be checked by our software team.

DJMikeM wrote:
Hi,

running a TUF Z370-Plus Gaming with a kit of Corsair Vengeance RGB Memory. The kit has the number: CMR16GX4M2A2666C16,2x8GB

I've seen another thread where a .26 beta version is available. Using the beta version I can change the settings of the memory, too. It shows up at the top and can be managed but still suffers from the problems described in the other thread. With the current .25 version management is not possible.

Just wanted to let you know so that you can add the support for the above kit into the next release.

KR,

DJMike

Thanks. We are already working on this in the dedicated thread. If you have any feedbacks with the .26 version, please add them here.

wonejo wrote:
I have this problem !!!!! HELP !

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BxqA0voHJoR9MXFHWXB2b0NENGM

Have watched you video and seems like you are taking the video when your motherboard is booting. You need to wait the OS is launched, and then control the LED with the AURA software.

seburul wrote:
After installing the Windows fall creator update and installing the last version of Aura, I have an error message after launching the app :
Unable to obtain the AURA-enabled device information.

I just have a ROG Strix H270F motherboard and i wanted to test it before purchase other compatible devices.

The bios is up to dateand Aura enabled in it.

Any idea of what can be my problem?

Thanks

Please try a clean install of AURA, following those steps:
-> Uninstall previous version of AURA through the Control Panel and reboot your system.
-> Run "setup" as Administrator (Right click on "Setup" and "Run as Administrator")
-> Reboot your computer before starting the new AURA
-> If you are still having problem with installing AURA, please run the AURACleaner once you've uninstall and reboot your computer and before launching the "Setup" file.

'[GT3 wrote:
RSR;683320']As per my update on the other thread.

I've just taken my whole system apart, removed the battery (This is a complete mission to get to the batter as you need to tear down the board R6E) for 5 minutes. Refreshed BIOS 802 from the flash back feature, loaded defaults and still nothing.

I did spot something interesting on first boot though, it seems to do a additional BIOS update and then power off and then restart on the OLED screen. However, it displays the following:

Code:70
Updating EC1 Code

This is the same for 802 / 10021 BIOS images.

As I am not sure of this board needs to be RMA'ed or not?

Is there any updates from the ASUS rep?

I have replied on the other thread.
And don't forget, Keep pushing it !

AkaNe@Asus wrote:
I have added this point to be checked by our software team.

Thank you, if the limit is simply being raised I would prefer it to be 288 rather than 144 as I have two strips of 144/m that I wish to use. If the limit is to be removed, even better 🙂

Hi

I have a Strix Z270E MB. Today I installed G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB DDR4 PC4-28800C17 3600MHz RAM, this is alongside the Strix 1060 GPU, 1 x Phantek Halo Lux and the Deepcool Gammaxx GT CPU cooler (All Aura compatible)
Everything sort of works fine. However, I do have a slight issue with the modes: flash & dash, comet and glowing yoyo. The RAM for instance .. it'll miss the flashing in random DIMMS, and the GPU will miss random flashes too. In fact, on glowing yoyo, the GPU LED might flash once in 10 flashes. I don't particularly use the flashing modes often, unless i'm giving a demonstration. But, it does look pretty awful when only one or two RAM DIMMS light up - very inconsistant. It's almost like there's a lag effect that Aura can't keep up with.

I apologise if this has been mentioned before - first post & all that.

Brighttail
Level 11
There is a tonne of problems here...I really hope Asus is working REALLY hard on fixing them. jeez 12 pages of complaints.
Panteks Enthoo Elite / Asus x299 Rampage VI Extreme / Intel I9-7900X / Corsair Dominator RGB 3200MHz

MSI GTX 1080 TI / 2x Intel 900p / Samsung 970 Pro 512GB

Samsung 850 PRO 512GB / Western Digital Gold 8TB HD

Corsair AX 1200i / Corsair Platinum K95 / Asus Chakram

Acer XB321HK 4k, IPS, G-sync Monitor / Water Cooled / Asus G571JT Laptop