cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AURA V1.05.22 [Report all issues in this thread]

Bahz
Level 12
Aura version 1.05.22 is now available for download, you can download it at the link below:
http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/Utility/Lighting_Control_1.05.22.zip?_ga=2.186110447.733457960.1...

Patch notes:
1) Added new feature to now allow for direct key-in (0-255 range) for RGB value
2) Fixed compatibility issues between AURA and Armoury software

Please report all bugs in this this thread. Thanks.
149 REPLIES 149

mojo187
Level 7
Hi, B350-F mobo, Aura reset every time Hibernate or sleep, i have to set the colors all over again every time. Installed the latest version. anybody have a fix for this? also, regarding tot he RGB headers and aura. I've installed 2 separate RGB strip to both header and is it suppose to read both as collective header or was it suppose to detect 2 pin headers? because i am unable to make any changes as separate RGB header. Thanks

Teece
Level 7
The previous versions of Aura had the LED RGB RAM Modules lighting/chasing individually in the Comet, Flash modes.. can this be returned as an option so we can choose to have them run individually one after another or together as is now done in V1.05.22.

I think we would like more features for each mode not less please.

MaRcIuPT
Level 7
so with this new update I was able to turn off computer and leds turn off while able to charge my phone via usb.
the problem is that this works one time like you all. if I reset again the leds config are not saved.
Using strix x370 bios 9001

I may be having an issue similar to a poster earlier here. I just finished a new Ryzen 7 build and the only issue I have with it is that the ASUS AURA effects seem to bug out after a certain amount of time. Here are my specs and more details:

SPECS:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1700X
MOBO: ASUS STRIX ROG X370-F
RAM: G-Skill Trident RGB Z, DDR 3200
GPU: MSI GTX 970
PSU: EVGA SuperNova 650W
CPU COOLER: NZXT Kraken X62
CASE: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe
---
The lighting setup is that I have the Phanteks Case RGB light's connected to the X370-F's top RGB header through an adapter through Phanteks.

The Issue:
The issue is that after a certain amount of time ranging from 30 minutes to 2 hours, the lighting effects on the motherboard (and since the case lights are connected to the motherboard RGB header, the case lights as well) seem to freeze during the rainbow effect. The G-Skill RAM RGB lighting will continue the rainbow effect, but the movement is less smooth and more jittery and snappy. Like it's only being updated every one and a half second or something.

Restarting my computer seems to somewhat remedy the issue until it happens again. LIkewise, trying to reset settings in ASUS AURA causes it to crash and then refuse to startup, crashing on launch. The only way to remedy that is to completely uninstall the AURA software and reinstall it and it seems to fix the issue temporarily until it happens again.

Troubleshooting/Ideas:

I have a feeling this might have to do with the RGB header on the motherboard? I ordered the Phanteks adapter late and I didn't notice this issue ever happening. I might experiment more to see if perhaps there's something going on with the adapter connections that's causing the AURA software to freakout.

I don't think any other effect really breaks. I'll leave Breathing on to see if the Motherboard IO and the Phanteks Case lighting freeze again.

Could CAM Software be causing any problems? I never have it open and only used it once to change the lighting effect on the Kraken X62, but I don't think it should cause any interference?
---

Anyone else experiencing this?

EDIT: After reading a few other posts I just realized that yes, after my computer went to hibernating/sleep it reverted back to the rainbow effect instead of the breathing effect I had set.

A definite step up from the previous version. Working fine on my Asus Maximus IX Formula besides the fact that it isn't working with my 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB kit but I know this is a documented issue that is being worked on. I was wondering though if there are any plans to integrate the H110i v2 CPU cooler into Asus Aura? I ask because that is the cooler I have and I can see on the compatible devices page that there are plenty of other coolers from other brands that have been integrated. I would love it if you guys would consider/ask Corsair to integrate H110i v2 support.

Bahz
Level 12
Thank you all for taking the time to provide your feedback on this version.

The color not saving issue is already known and I expect this to be fixed in the next update. The freezing issue where certain modes cause the software to crash, this isn't replicated on our end so we need as much details as possible in order to replicate this on similar system environment. The reported issues with Corsair Vengeance kits are being look into and I'll update everyone once I receive updates from our software team.

Bahz wrote:

The color not saving issue is already known and I expect this to be fixed in the next update. The freezing issue where certain modes cause the software to crash, this isn't replicated on our end so we need as much details as possible in order to replicate this on similar system environment. The reported issues with Corsair Vengeance kits are being look into and I'll update everyone once I receive updates from our software team.

I came back to report that I may have solved my freezing/buggy rainbow effect issue! I may be completely wrong but here's my theory with the issue:

The issue seems to be with how the default power settings of Windows 10 is used inefficiently by Ryzen or is causing some interference with the Ryzen CPU and the ASUS X370 Motherboard.

I recently downloaded the latest AMD Chipset Drivers from the AMD Website which comes with an updated "Ryzen Balanced" power setting. Since updating the AMD Chipset Drivers and using this AMD Ryzen Balanced power setting, the issue appears to be gone!

If anyone is having similar issues, I recommend updating to the latest AMD Chipset Drivers. I hope this helps you all in replicating the issue.

EDIT::
It appears the issue hasn't gone away, but the good news is that it only occurred when I reopened the AURA Software.

Bahz wrote:

Any ETA for this update ?

Bahz wrote:

Any possibility on support for the Corsair coolers? I understand if you're not able to confirm it but are you at least able to pass it on/suggest it to other departments? I'm definitely not the only one who would like to see it. In my all-RGB build my motherboard lights all match up with my GPU lights thanks to Asus Aura. My RAM will also match up when the 16GB kit is supported. That leaves just my case fans and CPU cooler that can't be linked with Aura. Support for the H110i v2 would be perfect, one step closer to having all of my devices working properly together.

SillyYak wrote:
Any possibility on support for the Corsair coolers? I understand if you're not able to confirm it but are you at least able to pass it on/suggest it to other departments? I'm definitely not the only one who would like to see it. In my all-RGB build my motherboard lights all match up with my GPU lights thanks to Asus Aura. My RAM will also match up when the 16GB kit is supported. That leaves just my case fans and CPU cooler that can't be linked with Aura. Support for the H110i v2 would be perfect, one step closer to having all of my devices working properly together.

With the AURA SDK now available, there are more possibilities to support other devices, however CPU coolers aren't currently the focus but I can imagine that it will eventually be supported sometime in the future.