cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aura Sync stuck on one color. Now no aura sync devices found, including motherboard

Uranium-235
Level 7
After screwing around with aura sync successfully. Trying to get it to work with icue. No sync worked with that, so I kept the memory on a dim light.

Now it is stuck on red, the last color I set it to

This includes after rebooting, during POST.

Armory crate says the lighting service is not installed

all these I tried

https://www.pcretailmag.com/asus-aura-service-is-currently-unavailable/

in addition to the rtc jumper, taking the cmos battery out, Turned the services for RGB off and back on

ok, now I removed all asus related running services, removed the processes, deleted the files.

Tried to install an older version (Lighting Service). No luck. Says service is missing. Went into the lighting service (old) folder and manually got into the folder and installed it. Never showed up on the services list

went into the registry and manually removed all asus services from it (there was none)

Installed Armory create again and now it sees no Aura devices, including the motherboard

Last ditch effort would be an OS re-install, and if that doesn't work, I'm returning the ****ing board
1 REPLY 1

Uranium-235
Level 7
Reinstalling windows worked. You're Lucky.

Actually i'm lucky so I don't have to take this board out of the case, remove everything and pack it up and deal with RMA