cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aura Sync ARGB light switching is slow

YabaX
Level 8
Hi all,

not sure whats the problem, but i can see the individual lights switching is slow although the slider is set to fast in the aura software, its like a slow motion, im suspecting the mainboard since i installed G.Skill lighting software and the RAM LED switching is also slow, everything is ARGB 5v.

main System Specs:

Ryzen 3700x
Rog Strix x570 Gaming-F
Gskill 16 GB Royal 3600 Mhz
500 GB Samsung 970 Evo plus PCIe Nvme
Rog Strix 1080 Ti OC
Cooler Master Cosmos C700M Case

btw, the case has RGB controller buttons, if i set the mode to case control, the RGB switching is much faster than Aura, any help would be appreciated.
5 REPLIES 5

Alexandre_ma
Level 7

Alexandre_ma wrote:
Try my fix, it fixed the slowness for me!

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?112830-FIX-How-to-fix-slow-AURA-animations

thanks for your reply, i believe you gave me an idea on whats going on, i already have LEDs number already set properly, but i have CM Cosmos C700M which has around 55 LEDs, 6 fans with 12 LEDs each, RAM with i dont know how many LEDs and AIO which also i dont know how many LEDs, all of them except for the case are connected to one controller then daisy chained to another controller (Case controller) connected to one ARGB header.

so i believe the slowness is coming from Aura trying to set 52 LEDs on every single component, i will try to separate the case which has 52 LEDs into one header and other components to another header and report back if things got better or not.

Re
Level 10
Port settings just for the argb headers in your case just the case+fans+aio*
Do you have Armoury Crate installed?*

Re@per wrote:
Port settings just for the argb headers in your case just the case+fans+aio*
Do you have Armoury Crate installed?*

yep, so my idea is if the slowness is coming from case 52 LEDs, then i will just disconnect the case LEDs from the rest.

regarding Armoury Crate, no i dont, do i need to?

Re
Level 10
i have the same case and its working for me fine i think. i use armory crate for aura effects maybe u can try it. but u need to turn it on in bios