Today 11/12/2019 Windows 10 version 1909 became widely available. After installing version 1909 Aura Sync became unusable. Any clues as to why? Any setting that I need to change? I reformatted my PC 3 times this week because of this. 2 times when I was on the Insider program and 1 time when not on the insider program. Same thing happens in Armory Crate (Newest version).
I'm using version 1.07.71
I went to C:\Program Files (x86)\LightingService after uninstalling the lighting service component and found a 3kb file called LastProfile.xml. I deleted it. I then went to the registry to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\ and deleted the LightingService subdirectory.
Same at HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\ (deleted the lightingservice folder)
I reinstalled just the lightingservice component and then rebooted, and sh...it just started working. Try it out. I don't know if it's related, but I also updated my AMD radeon driver to 19.7.5 by downloading from the amd website and choosing "Clean Install".