cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AURA SYNC 1.06.95 - Report Issues Here

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
To better understand which issues you are currently experiencing, I will be collecting your feedback for 2 weeks to let the team know. Please provide feedback before Sept. 25, thanks!

If you are not on the latest version, update to 1.06.95 to make debugging faster, please remember to mention:
1. The BIOS/firmware version for your hardware.
2. The AURA SYNC products you own and any other 3rd-party lighting software.
3. If a power cycle has made any difference. (Shutdown, power off, unplug power cable for a minute)
4. If you have reinstalled Aura or Windows.
5. If the issue was present in the previous versions(s)?

Download 1.06.95 here:
https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/Utility/Lighting_Control_1.06.95.zip?_ga=2.169638049.121661495...

tt0ne
Level 9
Has anyone else had an issue where this version adds a bunch of additional modules to your add/remove programs control panel entries? I see stuff like "aura corsair memory lighting", "aura phillips", etc. WTF? I want to like Asus software as much as I love the hardware - I do - I really really do - but man they don't make it easy. Lately I've just found myself not using anything other than what I need for the OC Panel.

[/HR]

katlani
Level 9
Yes somebody have mentioned that is installed Patriot RGB memory program or something. I personally still stayed behind with the previous version of AURA which doesnt install anything like that but I'm wondering how it works.. Does it recognize your memory brand and searches for the software? Is it part of the package itself? Will it only install incase you have an RGB version of the sticks?

No, from what I could tell it installs everything. For example, I have G.Skill sticks but I still got the Corsair and Patriot "modules" (for lack of a better term). Nothing like installing 1 small program for lighting and inheriting 13 uninstallers. 😞

[/HR]

katlani
Level 9
Will be funny if it installs it when you don't even have an RGB stick..

I had much issues with this version, My spatha would not sync up properly so I had to roll back. My Claymore had issues with lighting over on the right side of the numpad, the lights for the arrow right page down page up and pause break keys were dimming half way and the entire numpad was not lit. I had to roll back to the old version because you didn't release a lighting control that complys with the current version of the AURA GUI software. ASUS, you need to fix aura, people are out there buying corsair products because they can get better support from software and have more options. I dislike corsair's make, and marketing, overpriced and not high quality, An asus product is high quality so i expect high quality software to go with the price. Other Problems. My keyboard's ROG logo does not light up in addressable modes in aura, and the keyboard does not sync perfectly with solid colors, it is small hues behind the rest of the build, while the Spatha will stay in sync with the right lighting control and Aura version. I'm fearful that you used 12Volt Addressable lighting in the keyboard and 5 Volt in the mouse. But i don't think that's the case. I want confirmations on these topics. I really think Asus Aura and Asus Armoury software should be combined and we should be given more options! The issues with Asus aura is pretty unacceptable in my opinion given i pay more for an ROG product than i do a regular asus product.

I am trying to uninstall but I get a kind of "fatal error" and it doesn't uninstall. Is there a way around it?

katlani
Level 9
Common for ASUS software to be honest, try the aura cleaner and manually deleting any remains from registry

katlani wrote:
Common for ASUS software to be honest, try the aura cleaner and manually deleting any remains from registry

Do you have a link to the Aura Cleaner?

In addition to this problem, the software gets flagged by "anti-cheat" measures in many games. 😞

donalgodon wrote:
Do you have a link to the Aura Cleaner?

In here:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8hXL86D6YHUQUJGTTZrcExfSkE

I never used it as I'm still on the previous version of AURA but others have.

Can someone tell me why this version, and the previous one now, go into rainbow mode after waking the PC up from sleep? It is driving me nuts. It now also sets RGB on the motherboard in Sleep mode when both Aura and the BIOS are set to OFF. I disconnect my LED strips and the RAM from Aura yet it all comes back on after waking up. WTF is going on?

Does a simple uninstall from control panel do the job or do you need to run some uninstaller???