cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AURA SYNC 1.06.95 - Report Issues Here

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
To better understand which issues you are currently experiencing, I will be collecting your feedback for 2 weeks to let the team know. Please provide feedback before Sept. 25, thanks!

If you are not on the latest version, update to 1.06.95 to make debugging faster, please remember to mention:
1. The BIOS/firmware version for your hardware.
2. The AURA SYNC products you own and any other 3rd-party lighting software.
3. If a power cycle has made any difference. (Shutdown, power off, unplug power cable for a minute)
4. If you have reinstalled Aura or Windows.
5. If the issue was present in the previous versions(s)?

Download 1.06.95 here:
https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/Utility/Lighting_Control_1.06.95.zip?_ga=2.169638049.121661495...

MasterC@ASUS wrote:
Can you check if power cycling resolves the issue?
Do you remember if the issue started after a Windows update?

After reinstalling twice it does seem to be working (new releases seem to work for 3 or 4 days) but I had a simular issue as rick66 in the way the installer crashes or hangs on 100%, took me about ten attempts before it installed correctly, I did make sure the old version was uninstalled and rebooted before running the installer each time.

1 Bois version is 1301
2 Aura sync products are mobo, gtx1080 ti, phantects led strip and a corsair ram cooler with no other lighting software at all
3 Power cycle made no difference
4 yes performed 4 or 5 clean installations of version 1.06.95 (which eventually installed and works as it should)
5 yes the issue of GPU reverting to default colour was present in previous versions
6 Mobo is Maximus IX formula

jonathasMalta
Level 7
MasterC@ASUS wrote:
To better understand which issues you are currently experiencing, I will be collecting your feedback to let the team know. Thanks!
If you are not on the latest version, update to 1.06.95 to make debugging faster, please remember to mention the AURA SYNC products you own and any other 3rd-party lighting software.

Download 1.06.95 here:
https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/Utility/Lighting_Control_1.06.95.zip?_ga=2.169638049.121661495...

Eu tenho uma strix b250f gaming e no entanto ja faz algumas semanas que o aura sync vem dando problemas (não conecta mais com o rgb do pente de ram que é uma MEMORIA TEAM GROUP T-FORCE DELTA 8GB (1X8) 2400MHZ DDR4 PRETA RGB, TF3D48G2400HC15B01, assim ela fica com leds em um ciclo só sem poder controlar! Oque eu faço pra resolver isso?

jonathasMalta wrote:
Eu tenho uma strix b250f gaming e no entanto ja faz algumas semanas que o aura sync vem dando problemas (não conecta mais com o rgb do pente de ram que é uma MEMORIA TEAM GROUP T-FORCE DELTA 8GB (1X8) 2400MHZ DDR4 PRETA RGB, TF3D48G2400HC15B01, assim ela fica com leds em um ciclo só sem poder controlar! Oque eu faço pra resolver isso?

Please use English in the forum if possible.
"I have a strix b250f gaming and however it has been a few weeks since the aura sync has been giving problems (no longer connects to the rgb of the ram comb which is a MEMORY TEAM GROUP T-FORCE DELTA 8GB (1X8) 2400MHZ DDR4 BLACK RGB, TF3D48G2400HC15B01, so it has leds in a cycle that just can not control! What do I do to solve this?"
Is the lighting on your memory module stuck on Color Cycle?
Is the lighting on the motherboard working as it should?
Have you tried shutting down and disconnecting the PC from the wall?

rick66
Level 7
I`m not even able to make 1.06.95 run, it just crashes, i did a full uninstall of 1.06.17(which worked but buggy) and used aura cleaner before installing this latest version.

I`m also using 2 other programs. Corsair link for my RAM led, and Gigabyte Aorus for my GPU, My Case fans and waterblock are all Thermaltake RGB plus using the Thermaltake TT Sync Controller Premium, which is recommended by TT for Asus products. W10 64 Home.

F0x135
Level 7
@Ashwind, make sure you 'unblock' the zip file first before unzipping it. Right click > unblock.

@MasterC@Asus, i did a clean install of this Aura version, even wiped out registry and ran Auracleaner. After install, the 'transition' between colors are slow and choppy, for example the ram RGB slides downwards, right now they're skipping instead of smooth.

I've seen this behaviour before, for example if i stress test the PC then the RGB behaves like this. Usually does it when there's high CPU usage.

But in this instance, the only thing running is windows. I've done 3 clean reinstalls now, and this behaviour is consistent.

F0x135 wrote:
@Ashwind, make sure you 'unblock' the zip file first before unzipping it. Right click > unblock.

@MasterC@Asus, i did a clean install of this Aura version, even wiped out registry and ran Auracleaner. After install, the 'transition' between colors are slow and choppy, for example the ram RGB slides downwards, right now they're skipping instead of smooth.

I've seen this behaviour before, for example if i stress test the PC then the RGB behaves like this. Usually does it when there's high CPU usage.

But in this instance, the only thing running is windows. I've done 3 clean reinstalls now, and this behaviour is consistent.

> SAME problem.

> all problem exist from last year.

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
F0x135 wrote:

System specs? (MB and memory)

MasterC@ASUS wrote:
System specs? (MB and memory)

It's in my profile, but i've also attached it:

I can report all Aura profiles run slower than normal, except for color cycle, which i never use. On a fresh boot the RGB's behave as they should but once windows loads the lighting service, the RGB's begin to chug again. More evident in Rainbow / Gradient preset.

Even the addressable RGB's are also slow. This never happened on the last version only when the CPU was highly stressed. Even then, a reboot normally fixed it.

EDIT: it seems to be related to VGA in the aura menu. if i unsync VGA then the mobo, Ram and aRGB's all go back to full speed. If i sync back VGA and unsync the other components, everything else is still slow.

EDIT EDIT: After about the 9th clean uninstall / reinstall, it's finally working at full speed again! It's beautiful when it actually works.

High CPU usage with the latest version. The older version was around 1-4% CPU usage. This new version it's constantly between 10.9-11.4%.

This is absolutely redicilous that the CPU usage would be that high for AURA. I'm frankly still surprised how buggy the software actually is still.
[NEW RIG] Custom Acrylic Loop / i7 8700K @ 5.3GHz 1.34v / Maximus X Formula / G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB 3466Mhz / EVGA 780 Ti Classified's @ 1478mhz SLI / Corsair AX1200i Digital PSU / Samsung 2TB 960 Pro NVME / Corsair 900D / All EKWB

I have the following:

-Win 10 (64 bit)
- Ryzen 7 1800x
- Asus ROG Strix Crosshair Hero VI Wifi AC
- ROG STrix Geforce GTX 1070Ti 8Gb x 2 Cards with SLI bridge
-240 ex Captain CPU water cooling
- G.Skills Trident z RGB 3200 8GB x 4 sticks

Initially in Jan of this year Aura sync worked fine. About a month ago it stopped working. I tried everything I could find on the net. The stand alone graphics card version of Aura sync works 100% with my two cards. Today I downloaded the newest version of Aura Sync (1.06.95) and to my surprise it worked. Unfortunately I tried to bootup fortnite and there was conflict with the lighting service. Basically fortnite seems to recognize the lighting service as a cheat and will not boot the game. So, I uninstalled all lighting services to see if the game would work and it did after uninstalling the game and reinstalling. After finishing with the game I attempted to install the latest version of Aura sync (1.06.95) and it was the same old error message with no start.

I am getting pretty tired of this sync issue, hopefully there is functioning patch sometime soon. One of the big selling points for my build were the rgb sync options from asus. I am beginning to regret going in this direction.