cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[AURA] Share with us your features ideas

AkaNe0
Level 10
You have a new feature idea to be implemented in AURA? Then share it and described it in this thread!
And don't forget, Keep pushing it !
222 REPLIES 222

tamasd
Level 8
I have a regression to report, and a feature request. I updated from an older version of AURA.

I use the rainbow effect with all colors at the slowest speed. In an older version, I could select a number for each hardware I have, so I could put both my motherboard and my video card into the same group. Now this is not possible, because it is drag list.

My feature request is an effect that alternates between two distinct colors.

tamasd wrote:
I have a regression to report, and a feature request. I updated from an older version of AURA.

I use the rainbow effect with all colors at the slowest speed. In an older version, I could select a number for each hardware I have, so I could put both my motherboard and my video card into the same group. Now this is not possible, because it is drag list.

My feature request is an effect that alternates between two distinct colors.

Hi tamasd,

I have move your post to the suggestion thread.

Could you give more explanation for "effect that alternates between two distinct colors". Right now, in the rainbow effect, we can select the sequence the rainbow effect is going from one product to the other by dragging.

AkaNe@Asus wrote:

Could you give more explanation for "effect that alternates between two distinct colors". Right now, in the rainbow effect, we can select the sequence the rainbow effect is going from one product to the other by dragging.

I think this can be something like the rainbow, but without fading and with a given delay. Basically: show color1 for X amount of time, then switch to the next color, and when the colors run out go back to the first one. I would like to have a green - red cycle for Christmas 🙂

tamasd wrote:
I think this can be something like the rainbow, but without fading and with a given delay. Basically: show color1 for X amount of time, then switch to the next color, and when the colors run out go back to the first one. I would like to have a green - red cycle for Christmas 🙂

Alright. For now your best shot will be to use the AURA SDK to do so, and create a christmas sequence. If you are not familiar with coding, you can create a thread on the AURA SDK.

AkaNe@Asus wrote:
Alright. For now your best shot will be to use the AURA SDK to do so, and create a christmas sequence. If you are not familiar with coding, you can create a thread on the AURA SDK.

I was thinking about that, coding is not a problem for me. Thanks for the suggestion 🙂

tamasd wrote:
I was thinking about that, coding is not a problem for me. Thanks for the suggestion 🙂

Ah also, I just played around and was able to make a christmas tree. Just need to choose by area, and you control each area color. And then you can go from one effect to the other once set.

My two cent is

From the old AURA and the NEW the scene ( flash and dash ) have different behaviour

in old aura the RAM blink "alone for each bank"
in the new RAM blink " 2 stick at time"

please implement

"Single or Twin blinking" features "AND" a simple SCENE ( CREATOR ) is MUCH MUCH appreciated...

after Editor implementation you can open a Contest for ( Rog AURA CONTEST ) and a new section on the forum for " Community AURA DOWNLOADABLE Scenes".. User Content Creations works really well nowadays.

i think is not to hard to implement and trust me , implement SCENE Creator as soon as possible ( BEFORE ) your competitors.

you can call it "Live AURA / AURA PRO / AURA Live".

nice ?.

the final touch is

Implement a "Firmware STORE FUNCTION" for selected SCENE... ( but please don't sell another new motherboard to implement!... i'm sure that you can create 5 slot 4KB each from the actual FW Nand.

when system boot up is not possible to see the scene effect before AURA OS services starts... and loading this aura profiles takes about 2 seconds. If you implement a FIrmware scene store the entire process starts WHEN the system starts.

My vote for dray2na... useful features expecially notifications blinking.

- Let components turn red as soon as they reach a critical temperature (without forcing you to use only the temperature mode)
- Some kind of blinking on notifications
- Startup / Shutdown animations
- Switch to a certain mode or turn off when starting a fullscreen application

if you have an open sdk i can write some line of codes and you can implement it into AURA software ( but i'm too lazy to design even the UI page ).

bye.

Well I understand that different people and teams are working on different products, drivers and software.
But running such amount of devices in market have its own problems and would be great to solve them, not only keep running new models with no care about users and your loyal clients.
What are those Light Control for GPU, Aura, GPU tweak smthn, armoury, and bunch of other software for sound, and specific types of products. I was really charmed by all this sync perfect lightning stuff and bought well everything possible for my setup from ROG set:

Asus ROG Maximus X Hero (Wi-Fi AC)
Asus ROG Strix 1080 TI O11G
Asus ROG Claymore RGB (Cherry MX Brown)
Asus ROG Pugio RGB

and yet I have to download bunch of software and drivers which doesnt work well with each other and more, doesnt work well themselves.
Aura doesnt see GPU lighting unless GPU lighting app is installed. And after installing its possible to control GPU from Aura. So why cant you just put it inside? Im sure its possible, if hardware model is problem, there are many ways to solve it. Just download required drivers online INSIDE AURA if there are too many of them.
Next, Armoury. Thats wonderful, to simply change some features in my mouse or keyboard i open Armoury, it gives me error - one or more devices are synced, I have to close it, open aura, turn off my 2HOURS_CONFIGURED_LIGHT_SETUP (Exclude periferals), then open armoury again, do the changes, then go back open AURA and set up my lighting service again. Like WUUUT? Hello im gamer btw using gamers hardware of yours, I have to be able to do that during short Alt+Tab. I dont have time for 322 operations and restarts.
And very often after Applying light changes it just stuck, with infinite loading, some troubles accessing hardware i guess, then i force close them, uninstall-restart-install gpu lightning and again start aura.
And lightning keeps being lagged and turn-off (pc) mode keep doing whatever it want after 1 successful run. (after reconfugure to totally turn off rgb, it works, but second turn off makes Motherboard only light again)
I was strongly considering buying headset even though there is no good one yet (design is not match nor ROG nor Strix, shape and RGB really poor, but whatever) but i thought it will bring another separate app and bunch of drivers over each other and buggy rgb sync and desided to go for another model. Its really sad cause its gonna be only non-rog peripheral out there.

Why cant you just do as perfectionist, bring EVERYTHING in 1 software. All detection, drivers downloading, installing and auto-upgrading, all lighting, ONLY SINGLE SOFTWARE is more than required. I really expected that when was going for ROG, its what everyone expects, yet I dont regret and would go again as I really like hardware i got even though expensive, but premium price needs some premium solution to be provided. Single Software Studio for everything is when I and most users for sure can say - I love ROG products.
After all, mostly people, who spent much money on their PC care about them, how clean they are. And bunch of terrible software doesnt help it.

PS: yes Im writing it with latest bios, firmware and software. i end up deleting all those bunch of software with annoying and creepy design and space in tray several times (i know and I do hide them from tray and auto start) but still really annoying cause i need them and have to install again

Please ROG, make single software, simple, ergonomic and no buggy. Its not difficult, but if you make one strong fundamental app with good architecture, you can add more features to it whatever new model of hardware you make. And damn everyone will love it, im sure im not the first and last asking for it, every review of devices in every possible internet resource have similar user-confusion comments.
And I know its possible, Im developer myself, I run Kernel level Drivers along with software and hardware, and very informed about field. Just make your developers and designers and software architecors or whatever - work on same wave. Thank you, everyone waits

i have a great idea.

instead of focusing on new features Make-Your-Software-Work for everyone.

the internet is flodded with problems and solutions about this software.i have the privilige of having an issiue not solved by any solution.

It would be great if you can adjust the colors yourself when setting smart