cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[AURA] Share with us your features ideas

AkaNe0
Level 10
You have a new feature idea to be implemented in AURA? Then share it and described it in this thread!
And don't forget, Keep pushing it !
222 REPLIES 222

yuzdaboyz
Level 8
Sync the lighting with my ROG Phone?

MrAgapiGC
Level 13
can you please FIX the transition that are choppy and lag. the only one that is ok is color cycle
Learn, Play Enjoy!

Abaidor
Level 9
My major issue is that I can not control the addressable leds individually. What is the point of addressable LEDs if the are seen as a single stripe? For example my Phanteks Halos have 30 LEDs each but I can't control them individually?

Am I missing something here?

***EDIT***

Ok I see it now - I can only control the LEDs individually in the "Comet" effect. However, I would like to be able to control them in Static mode (or other) as well but especially static should be an option. For example the motherboard leds are split into areas, my G.Skill ram the same - I can control the LEDs on my RAM individually in static mode. The HALOs however do not work as addressable strips in Static mode? Why is that?

I am also waiting for 4X Phanteks Adressable strips (and one controller) that would like to control individually from the rest but with the same colors. Will this be supported any time soon?
Asus Rampage VI Extreme | i9-7940X | 64GB Trident Z RGB 3600 | Asus Strix 1080Ti OC | Samsung 960 Pro 512GB | WD Gold 10TB | WD Red 4TB X 2 | PSU Corsair AX1500i | Custom Water Loop - RAD MO-RA3 420 Pro | EK Monoblock | Phanteks GPU Block | Heatkiller 200 Tube RES | EK Dual D5 Revo Pumps | 9 X Corsair ML 140 Pro Fans on RAD | | Bitspower Fittings Black Chrome | Cooler Master Cosmos 2 Modded Case | Silent WIngs 3 120mm Intake |

JohnnyRebe1
Level 7
AkaNe0 wrote:
You have a new feature idea to be implemented in AURA? Then share it and described it in this thread!

I want to be able to control the color when using Smart Temperature Mode. Even if it's just the option to change lime green to blue. Blue = Cold, Lime Green = Ugly.

1mluer
Level 11
I think you should do the following:

Aura Sync:
Work on individual control of installed and/or components identified by Aura Sync - better UI

It's time we see more vibrant addressable color patterns for components identified in Aura Sync as Addressable

Build lighting pattern effects similar to high end rgb products such as fans and strips. ie radar, visor, similar vibrant but fun patterns, etc.

It's time to branch out beyond traditional Aura Sync MB color patterns

Integrate all Aura Sync controls from all of the new products into a consolidated solution. LiveDash Armory Aura Sync all one software solution.

Might sound simple and know it would be a lot of work but it's the right way to compete with other non ASUS product solutions.
InWin 909 Silver RGB build
i9-10900k
ROG Maximus XII Apex
ROG Matrix 2080 ti
Gskill Trident Royal 4400 16g

Everything overclocked and love it.
ROG Awesomeness !!!!

1mluer wrote:

Aura Sync:
Work on individual control of installed and/or components identified by Aura Sync - better UI

It's time we see more vibrant addressable color patterns for components identified in Aura Sync as Addressable

Build lighting pattern effects similar to high end rgb products such as fans and strips. ie radar, visor, similar vibrant but fun patterns, etc.

Integrate all Aura Sync controls from all of the new products into a consolidated solution. LiveDash Armory Aura Sync all one software solution.

Might sound simple and know it would be a lot of work but it's the right way to compete with other non ASUS product solutions.

He's absolutely right. This is what we need ASUS.

1- Possibility to create customiced game profiles (Change AURA color profile depending game).
2- In rog armoury, possibility of joining layers with different color effects (for example, add reactive key effect over red breathing color layer).

1mluer wrote:

Aura Sync:

You are spot on. Unfortunately, if you see what development there have been with Aura for the past 2 years in terms of functionality, I think its safe to say that Asus stopped reading this thread a looooooooong time ago....Especially when it comes to aRGB control their competitors overtook them quite awhile ago.
Its a bit like Asus hasnt picked up on the whole LED->Main accessory for gamers->Focus point when buying->Rog Strix is a premium gaming brand->RGB software have to be premium also->Aura sucks hairy ass->Gamers starts avoiding Rog Strix

geronimo8
Level 7
I hope in future updates, they can add these:
[Aura/Armoury] choose the keyboard LED direction of any moving lighting effects.
[Aura/Armoury] get some of the missing lighting effects from one another.
[Armoury] choose speed of lighting
[Aura] customize music sync.

Aura's Starry-Night looks like lightning, and is very different from Armoury's. They should rename Aura's Starry-Night to Lightning, and copy Armoury's version of Starry-Night.

Better yet, they should combine the programs into one. Very frustrating that one can't work with the other. We still need to unsync Mouse/KB from Aura before we can customize with Armoury.

cajudoido
Level 9
First things first, before thinking about adding features I like to politely share my thoughts about the current status of Asus Aura softwares. Here we go:

It seems the Aura software is a complete stack of things loosely glued together instead of cohesive background architeture. I am not envolve on any Asus softwares, but beign a tech guy and a developer I just noticed that the latest and greatest Aura versions, have the main core components and services with a bunch little separeted pieces to many aura devices, like keyboards, mouses, motherboards, vgas etc. It would be ok to have seperate modules, but the way that they work now are not simple profiles and addons and they stay on the machine even after a normal uninstall, which may introduce problems to new versions. And even beyond these aura devices, you have a separated components to the DRAM of Galaxy, Kingston, Corsair, Patriot, which does not sound at all the good way to do it, besides they all have their own uninstallers, and you even may not use them. You going to keep adding DRAM components if new companies produce compatible RGB Ram? For last you still have some third party software to complement the "Aura ecosystem" which also are not uninstalled by the regurlar uninstall. Look, I may be wrong since I don't really know how its made, but from the outside , comparing to another rgb software this does not look good.

Now to the features/fixes:

• Now to the features/fixes:
  • Better name/explanation for synchronized and unsynchronized, due to the fact that when you present the "unsynchronized" you may think that that particular device/component will have a seperated rgb setting from others that are synchonized. But now, the unsynchronized does nothing beacause only serve to aura not control the lighting leaving to third party software. I think should be a separated option that you can mark something like "disable aura control for this device" instead of this nomenclature.
  • Add option to devices have different rgb settings instead of only color. Today if you want to your MB and VGA have breathing and your RGB STRIPS static color you can't.
  • More and better control for ADD STRIPS. Today those strips seems to be treated different from normal strips. I know that they require special attention beacause they are addressable but, for multiple times I saw they loosing the settings after a reboot, defaulting to rainbow mode until Windows start. Another thing its that the gradient option is kind limited, and since you can't have a individual effect to a specific component, you only will be able to use gradient to every one, which is not ideal.
  • Have auto update software or make Armoury Crate be the central software for asus rog features. Look, is 2019, why there's no good consolidaded app, or a auto update feature? Today the Armoury Crate only is truely useful for laptops.
  • Make it 100%¨compatible with Live Dash. This seems seems to be a joke, a bad joke, but is true, depending how you install things one or another won't work. It's astonishing why LiveDash install All aura components, except the actual app, if you look is also installed keyboard, mouse, vga, all those little pieces, for something that does not seems to belongs to the actual application. No wonders why causes conflict with Aura.
  • More effects and possible combinations.

I sincere hope for a better and stable Aura on the future.