cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[AURA] Share with us your features ideas

AkaNe0
Level 10
You have a new feature idea to be implemented in AURA? Then share it and described it in this thread!
And don't forget, Keep pushing it !
222 REPLIES 222

namoi wrote:
Well, aura is already kind of implemented inside Armoury (striped version) . You can even sync keyb, mouse...within armoury. But that's all.

In a way gpu tweaks also have a striped version of aura.

But if you want to sync ALL of them you need Aura. But Aura and Armoury can't be used together, so your fancy expensive full of feature keyboard just behave as a 10 bucks keyboard (but with fancy rgb) as its advanced features are only available if Armoury runs.

That sounds like something they seriously need to fix to me! 🙂

I just don't want to see this software go the same way Gigabyte's did, it's the worst it really is! 🙂

i was complaining that it wasn't possible to control DRAM lighting individually, but i see now that it is possible & its awesome !.. it's even possible to control each led diode, thats is pretty sick ! .. good work ASUS :^)

hi,
i just signed up, because im very interessted in more effects.
im very new to this i just got my first rgb led board a z370i so far i love it...
i already have experience with rgb led on arduino so i think there is a lot more potential in it then what we are seeing right now!

i have a few ideas maybe somebody already did this in the sdk but i dont know..

- pulsing effect: add an option to configure the pulsing, so we can adjust the brightness..
for example when i use pulsing. i want it to pulse from high brighness to low brightness... not complete off

- also a normal chase effect without blinking would be great

-controll for single leds on the led strip

here are some bugs i noticed
-when my pc goes to sleep and starts again the motherboard LED dont light up again (basically they turn off because i have them enabled in sleep)... i have to click on off in aura first to recognize them again...

im not sure if i can ask this here also but i managed to get my corsair ll140 fan controlled with aura... BUT i connected it through the led strap out on the motherboard,so it gets shown as a led strip...
is there any other way to get the corsair LL fans running in aura as a FAN?
also is there a way to get more then one strip shown on the top?

also anybody know when the TERMINAL led controller is availible for sale?

I recently built my first computer with RGB powered by Asus Aura. I also have a Corsair RGB keyboard, so I have an opportunity to compare the lighting ecosystems and give feedback.

Effect Parameter Controls
I understand you can change the colors and there is a speed slider for some effects, but in CUE, you can give specific numbers for the parameters like the total duration and the speed and size of a wave to completely change the look.
Gradients
In the CUE software, there is a gradient editor sort of like in photoshop, except it is also a graph of color over time. So you have total control over the sequence of colors and the speed of the progression. Some of the Aura lighting effects definitely lend themselves to a manual gradient control option.

Separate Device Control
I love that I can sync my G.Skill RGB RAM to my motherboard, but I think it would be cool to have the RAM showing a different effect than my MB.
Individual Control of RGB headers so header1 and header2 are not treated as the same device. I don't know if that is a limitation of the hardware, but for some reason I assumed I would be able to control #1 and #2 separately.

Effect Modularity and Layers

I love how CUE effects are broken into modules so they are really easy to work with. Themes are made up of multiple effect layers. Effects also have transparency and can overlap for interesting results. There is a "lighting library" so you can store and reuse or modify previously created effects. You can create variations and change between themes easily. You can also export themes to a file so they are easily shared with others.
In Aura, you have to commit to one effect across the system and there is no distinction between themes and effects.
Could Aura split themes and effects, and have effects be layer-able?

UI Scaling
It is frustrating that the window only takes up a tiny bit of my screen and the text is not scaled up with the rest of Windows. I would love to be able to increase the window size, even if it creates a lot of blank space, or a have a UI text size option, or allow window resize and just stretch to fill window. I don't know what is easiest with dev env of Aura, but it is just too tiny as is.

Visual Interactive Interface
One of the things I really like about the CUE software is the interface is very visual and intuitive. There is a generated image of my keyboard on my screen that looks just like my real keyboard and I can interact with it by drag-selecting keys for different lighting effects.
I would love to see some changes like this in the Aura software. It would be so cool to have like an outline of a computer case with components you could choose maybe RGB fans plugged into lighting headers, or a CPU cooler with lights, or led strips around the sides of the case. Then you could select the visual components to change their lights as they appear irl.
An alternative closer to the current dropdown is to display all the individual lights available in a scrollable table like a 2D array so there is 1 device per row, and then addressable indices in the columns. Maybe the user could change order of devices by dragging rows. Maybe select multiple single leds by holding ctrl to apply the same effect over them.

I really hope this helps!

icy3141 wrote:

Separate Device Control
I love that I can sync my G.Skill RGB RAM to my motherboard, but I think it would be cool to have the RAM showing a different effect than my MB.
Individual Control of RGB headers so header1 and header2 are not treated as the same device. I don't know if that is a limitation of the hardware, but for some
/QUOTE]

MSI are leagues ahead with mystic light, full control of ram lighting Independend of the mobo lighting. Where is the aura mobile app? msi are way ahead.

raven77uk wrote:
icy3141 wrote:

Separate Device Control
Individual Control of RGB headers so header1 and header2 are not treated as the same device. I don't know if that is a limitation of the hardware, but for some
/QUOTE]

MSI are leagues ahead with mystic light, full control of ram lighting Independend of the mobo lighting. Where is the aura mobile app? msi are way ahead.

Yeah, i'm honestly considering scrapping my Asus stuff and going for MSI or something... the way Asus has done the whole RGB setup is terrible...

they need to rip the RGB sync out of all the individual apps (Aura GPU, Armory, and Aura normal etc) and just combine them all into one, so you can either have them all synced and doing things together....

have each 'device' as a seperate TAB, select tab, select settings for device (effect, speed, colour etc, on a PER DEVICE/ZONE basis)

if you tick 'sync all' - you should still be able to specify certain paramaters, such as 'wave' effect, you should be able to specify set colours for each device / zone, or a specific colour order..

It would be nice to have AIO on 'tempreature' and case fans on STATIC, and RAM doing colour cycle, or my own 'custom' colour order for rainbow/cycle etc.

Also, maybe mix effects? have a static RED, but bright blue 'comets' so... so you have static red now, but now and then you get a random light blue flash through the system, or something like that... there's SO Many more effects and things you could do with it....

if I had the knowledge of programming i'd write my own using the API, but last time I did any sort of coding was back in 2002

Individual component lighting control

PRETTY PLEASE!

seirafrncsc
Level 7
Please make Asus ROG GK2000 Horus RGB Sync with Aura Sync as soon as possible. I'm planning to buy a Aura sync monitor, and buying a flare would be a bit not cool for me since GK2000 Horus is my dream mech keyboard. Only the Aura Sync feature is the thing it doesn't have.

epicDoC
Level 8
Feature Request: For it to work

epicDoC wrote:
Feature Request: For it to work

Best...feature...request...ever.
I'd like to deploy my troops in her country.