cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Aura] Seriously what is this button?

barak1250
Level 7

It looks like 'check for update' button but it doesn't.
All it does is reset some setting to default, remove everything but the motherboard and pretty much makes Aura unusable.
Already clicked on it by mistake 2 times and had to reinstall Aura (And don't get me start on reinstalling Aura, it's another pain in the butt).

So...
1. WTF is this button supposed to do?
2. (If it suppose to reset everything to default) Why it doesn't ask for confirmation?
5 REPLIES 5

panzlock
Level 12
The button does what you said it does. It f***s up lives. Don't press it a third time or it might lead to your arrest, your wife will leave you, your children will disown you, your dog will be given away to a better family, your car will spring an oil leak, you won't be able to find your remote, and you'll be invited to attend a free viewing of the Late Night with Stephen Colbert show.
I'd like to deploy my troops in her country.

dfaovred
Level 10
barak1250 wrote:

All it does is reset some setting to default, remove everything but the motherboard and pretty much makes Aura unusable.
Already clicked on it by mistake 2 times and had to reinstall Aura (And don't get me start on reinstalling Aura, it's another pain in the butt).

So...
2. (If it suppose to reset everything to default) Why it doesn't ask for confirmation?

It's supposed to detect/refresh the hardware.

mdzcpa
Level 12
barak1250 wrote:

So...

This button is used to Aura look for additional devices to sync. So if you add a graphics cards, memory or LED strip to a header the button searches and adds the items for synchronization. Yes, it can reset the defaults. No need to press the button if everything is working as it should and all installed devices are being recognized.

panzlock
Level 12
They should name the button "Sync New Components" so we have no more of these little shindigs.
I'd like to deploy my troops in her country.

mdzcpa
Level 12
The Aura FAQ is helpful too. Here a link from the Aura download page.
https://www.asus.com/campaign/aura/upload/download/20180420013758_m1.pdf