cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AURA Lighting Service using high CPU resources

bhorv67
Level 8
Running the latest version as of this post - I end up having to force quit the Lighting Service process, as it uses between 10-15% of the CPU resources. If I can't find a fix, I'm just going to uninstall and turn all the LED off, it's really not that important.

Anyone have a fix or ideas of what's going on? Thanks
95 REPLIES 95

DeadlyMercury
Level 7
so...
the first post is 2018... today is 2020...
still no changes? 🙂 no reaction at all? Hello? Anyone here?

DeadlyMercury wrote:
so...
the first post is 2018... today is 2020...
still no changes? 🙂 no reaction at all? Hello? Anyone here?

damn it's so true !! :confused:

LordSabathan
Level 9
Im having the issue all the time if im using Armory crate and anything different than static - it use always 3-4% from my 9900k at least.I need to open the Aura software and apply from there , because if im apply breathing from example from Armory crate , it always take me cpu ussage (3-4% at least).I also bought asus gladius wireless and sometimes when i put the charging cable its messing up with my Lightning services settings.

Probably I'm missing something. But I don't understand why LightingService is needed at all.
If I can have the light effect working while my computer is turned off then there is no need for sevice...

andrescirulo wrote:
Probably I'm missing something. But I don't understand why LightingService is needed at all.
If I can have the light effect working while my computer is turned off then there is no need for sevice...

Agree. Is f**** buggy and gets randomly stuck with constant high cpu usage (15-16% on my i7-8750h).... but actually doesn't seem to do anything here: I Stopped the service and Disabled it and everything works fine, even ROG Aura Core (ASUS Strix Scar GL703GS default tools) works fine and I can change keyboard LED schemes... So I wonder what's the point in having it running at all?

P.S.
I don't have AURA compatible external devices though
--
ASUS ROG Strix GL703GS, GTX 1070 8GB, 32GB RAM, 1920x1080 144Hz G-Sync laptop screen, external monitor UWQHD 3440x1440 Mi Monitor, NVMe 4x, 8BitDo Arcade Stick, EasySMX X10 controller, ROG Strix Carry mouse

DeadlyMercury
Level 7
So... the funny thing is actually aura don't consume cpu by itself:

aura service consumed 11 seconds actual cpu time and 2 minets of kernel cpu time, usually this is IO. And yeah, IO is HUGE. For no reasons at all.

MrAgapiGC
Level 13
in my case, worst case is 5% but is lower when I use 1 color

Learn, Play Enjoy!

Hello,
I have the same problem with my ASUS PRIME X570 PRO and the latest version of aura available, but in my case I only have problems with "Glowing YoYo" effect, in which LightinService consumes between 4% and 5% of CPU.

Grestorn
Level 8
The problem is inherent, to set the colors on DIMM memory sticks is only possible via SPD programming afaik, and that is CPU intensive.

So just turn off syncing with your memory RGB sticks and you'll be fine. I just leave my G.Skills DDR5 cycling the default rainbow cycle.

Same effect happens, btw., if you use the G.Skill tool itself.
Intel 12900K - Asus Maximus z690 Formula - 2x16 GB G.Skill DDR5 6000/36 - PNY RTX 3090
Acer Predator x27 - Thermaltake Core P5 - Corsair HX850i
-> Bilder und weitere Details <-

Grestorn wrote:
The problem is inherent, to set the colors on DIMM memory sticks is only possible via SPD programming afaik, and that is CPU intensive.

So just turn off syncing with your memory RGB sticks and you'll be fine. I just leave my G.Skills DDR5 cycling the default rainbow cycle.

Same effect happens, btw., if you use the G.Skill tool itself.

Wow, thanks, this works! Was going insane trying to fix this.