cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AURA Lighting Service using high CPU resources

bhorv67
Level 8
Running the latest version as of this post - I end up having to force quit the Lighting Service process, as it uses between 10-15% of the CPU resources. If I can't find a fix, I'm just going to uninstall and turn all the LED off, it's really not that important.

Anyone have a fix or ideas of what's going on? Thanks
95 REPLIES 95

Next gen i'm going to Gigabyte or Msi sorry Asus but you are very stupid...

OutSider420
Level 9
Don’t use crappy RGB, or Asus software. problem solved

Nesall
Level 8
When uninstalling armory crate I had to use revo uninstaller to delete all files ... But my lights stopped this time ... I formatted the system 2x, downgraded and updated the bios and none of the lights come back ... When i started studying the file structure and saw in the log files that were initialization errors from the motherboard "HTML page" .. and investigating i found that: setting the parameter " ApplyPage = 1 "in AuraSync.ini file at C: \ ProgramData \ ASUS \ RogAura30 ... Lights came back after reboot ...
Another thing was that I ended up installing armory crate and aura software together .. I don't know why but right now about lighting service is the percentage of CPU usage fell by 50% as I posted earlier to the current 15% ...

Nesall
Level 8
When uninstalling armory crate, I had to use revo uninstaller to delete all files and I would install the old aura software again to reduce CPU usage ...I had tried before, but just uninstalling by windows, the lighting service gave error in AURA Software downgrade... before that, the armory crate in addition to the lighting service with 50% CPU usage, was giving component updade error (SDK / HTML / etc)....
But after uninstalling Armoury Crate by revo, my lights on motherboard and header stopped this time, only the memory and the graphics card were turning on the lights... Even setting ON, on bios (advanced> onboard> lights) the lights only turn on when system was turned off ... when the system was on, the lights would no longer light up... I formatted the system 2x, downgraded and updated the bios and none of the lights come back to light up when system was on...
So i started studying the AURA's file structure and saw in the log files that were initialization errors from the motherboard "HTML page" .. and investigating i found that: setting the parameter " ApplyPage = 1 "in AuraSync.ini file at C: \ ProgramData \ ASUS \ RogAura30 ... Lights came back after reboot ...
I have no idea where this HTML's motherboard file is located, but it doesn't seem to be in either OS or BIOS, but it seems that this ini file manipulates it somehow.
Another thing was that I ended up installing armory crate and aura software together to try to make the lights come on again.. I don't know why but right now about lighting service is the percentage of CPU usage fell by 50% as I posted earlier to the current 15% even with armoury crate's new patterns... Despite this improvement, it was a tremendous scare ...
I hope no one goes through this situation, uninstalling armory crate ...
And I apologize for my google translator english... I hope you can understand ...

Same high CPU usage issue on AMD Ryzen 3 3900X CPU if I don't select static light. And, now the Armoury Crate can't even see any ASUS RGB lighting devices. Basically, the Lighting service cannot be started anymore on Windows 10.

ASUS please fix this!!

BizSAR
Level 9
I simply go dark if I'm gaming.
BizSAR

I noticed an interesting thing. Only in "rainbow" mode is the processor utilization high. For other modes, 0% will be displayed. Even in "music" mode, it's 0%.
The brightness level does not count towards CPU usage (at least I noticed this).
I installed this program componens: Aura_Lighting_Service_V1.00.41, AuraService_3.03.38_NBDTHal_2.2.9.1_20190509, ROG_Aura_Core_Component_V1014

hexaae
Level 12
I'm trying to find a shim for LightingService.exe to prevent randomly high cpu usage through Microsoft Application Compatibility Toolkit:
https://docs.microsoft.com/it-it/windows-hardware/get-started/adk-install (1903 version is ok also for 1909)
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/deployment/planning/compatibility-fixes-for-windows-8-windo...
but it's hard with trial & error method and no help from ASUSTek who coded this broken software.
--
ASUS ROG Strix GL703GS, GTX 1070 8GB, 32GB RAM, 1920x1080 144Hz G-Sync laptop screen, external monitor UWQHD 3440x1440 Mi Monitor, NVMe 4x, 8BitDo Arcade Stick, EasySMX X10 controller, ROG Strix Carry mouse

philwong
Level 8
Aura Sync is rubbish! I ended up uninstalling mine & my 3900X's idle temp dropped by 5c.

I'm surprised by this piece of crappy software released by asus!! well... not only this but every asus software I've installed for my new motherboard is rubbish!! It's surprising! I'm really considering returning the motherboard. What the actual f*** are this guys thinking when releasing this?

Why da hell do I need multiple services for useless stuff consuming resources?

What kind of cheap programmers are allowed to do this?

ASUS DO EVEN CARE ABOUT SOFTWARE QUALITY??? Or is this just and exercise of marketing and making thinks pretty?!

Armory crate reports the wrong latest versions, fan setup software is a joke, some interfaces are mislabeled or don't match with what is in the BIOS or Manual; you can change some fan names but not others; If I want to configure the fans from the BIOS it's even more confusing and irritating! You have to enable some settings in one place then go to the other to use it, I had to waste a considerable amount of time just to setup the freaking fans correctly (or almost)!
Can't change mouse speed to work on the BIOS.

Software organization in the motherboard webpage is another joke! WHY da F*** do you pack everything in zip files?? wouldn't it be better to have things separated and organized by version in a TABLE???
I've downloaded the most recent BIOS version from the website and it needs to be renamed to some specific name... WHY do you need this? you don't because that is useless the file didn't even got recognised when I tried to update the BIOS.

It's too much. Double facepalm for asus!!

No more money for you guys that's for sure! astalavista!