cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

aura - just give up

Thorvall
Level 8
download cc cleaner, download revo uninstall.. reboot install reboot install.. rinse repeat with every version you put out
download lighting service cleaner.. return to step 1.. takes 3 programs to clean out a service you cant seem to get a handle on.

yall should be embarrassed with this software to be honest, and whos in charge of it should be fired...
then go hire the guy who wrote the icue software for corsair and maybe youll save some face..

i am beyond disgusted, i have a $7000 custom system built inside a desk that is all rainbow colors because the rgb department for asus seems to be the only people who CANT figure out what every other company has gotten correct, and the kicker... you could care less about your customer base..

the fix you give us??
download a version from a year ago ??? ... and reinstall , reinstall , reinstall... because it HAS to be something all 50,000+ of us are doing wrong on our end, right ?

just give up, and let corsair take over your software department.. problem solved.
8 REPLIES 8

Tarkus56
Level 7
Sadly, you are correct. I cannot believe that a company as large as Asus cannot provide properly working software to work with it's wonderful hardware. To instruct customers that the solution is to uninstall 4 programs, in an exact order, clean registry and THEN install version 1.0 is absolutely absurd and unacceptable. How shameful.

Had I known of these issues before I bought my Z390-E, I would have purchased my mobo from a different manufacturer. Sadly, only when these issues begin affecting units sold will something be done about this debacle.

How about combining Aura, AI Suite 3 and Live dash into one reliable software package? You know - Start Over!

Tarkus56 wrote:
How about combining Aura, AI Suite 3 and Live dash into one reliable software package. You know - Start Over!

couldnt have said it better... thats what needs to happen

katlani
Level 9
and put the dreadful EZ Update to actually auto update drivers without any nonsense uninstallers and cleaners, just like any respectable hardware/software company does.

Re
Level 10
Thorvall wrote:
download cc cleaner, download revo uninstall.. reboot install reboot install.. rinse repeat with every version you put out
download lighting service cleaner.. return to step 1.. takes 3 programs to clean out a service you cant seem to get a handle on.

yall should be embarrassed with this software to be honest, and whos in charge of it should be fired...
then go hire the guy who wrote the icue software for corsair and maybe youll save some face..

i am beyond disgusted, i have a $7000 custom system built inside a desk that is all rainbow colors because the rgb department for asus seems to be the only people who CANT figure out what every other company has gotten correct, and the kicker... you could care less about your customer base..

the fix you give us??
download a version from a year ago ??? ... and reinstall , reinstall , reinstall... because it HAS to be something all 50,000+ of us are doing wrong on our end, right ?

just give up, and let corsair take over your software department.. problem solved.

Well said!*

Abaidor
Level 9
The only piece of software installed from Asus on my Rampage VI Extreme is V1 Aura and I have given up on this too (Rainbow!)....I am looking to replace it...
The rest I am not even bothering to try.

Sad, sad, sad..
Asus Rampage VI Extreme | i9-7940X | 64GB Trident Z RGB 3600 | Asus Strix 1080Ti OC | Samsung 960 Pro 512GB | WD Gold 10TB | WD Red 4TB X 2 | PSU Corsair AX1500i | Custom Water Loop - RAD MO-RA3 420 Pro | EK Monoblock | Phanteks GPU Block | Heatkiller 200 Tube RES | EK Dual D5 Revo Pumps | 9 X Corsair ML 140 Pro Fans on RAD | | Bitspower Fittings Black Chrome | Cooler Master Cosmos 2 Modded Case | Silent WIngs 3 120mm Intake |

jahedegaard
Level 7
Thorvall wrote:

the fix you give us??

Spot on. But Asus have always had a terrible rep when it comes to software beyond bios. And customer care as well. Which doesnt make much sense with a brand trying to position itself as the pinnacle of quality in the DYI/gamer market.
Lets keep this thread bumped until they wake up.
Secondarily. I hope one day that GN, Jays, Linus or someone similar does a story on this.
The best selling and most dominant DYI brand have the ****tiest RGB software out there, and hasnt developed features or bugfixed it for 2 years...would make a good 10 min video.

Noobtacular
Level 9
I had everything working fine from an earlier install then like a numbscull I chose to update to the latest version now I'm fudged.

Rewerend
Level 9
Noobtacular - Did you follow all instruction to uinstall in that order ? It worked for me (I had to initiate ram sticks few times but works)
Install/Update process : - Uninstall your current AURA apps in this order :
1) GALAX GAMER RGB and/or Patriot Viper RGB if it is/they are installed
2) AURA Service if it is installed ("Cancel" when an Explorer window opens)
3) AURA ("Yes" when the uninstaller asks to restart)
4) Perform a cleanup with AURA Cleaner (Right click > Run as administrator) then restart your PC
5) Perform a cleanup of the registry with CCleaner Free (or others)
6) Launch "Setup.exe" (Right click > Run as administrator) > "Next" > "Next" > "Finish"
7) The installer will ask you to restart your PC > "OK"
😎 Launch AURA via desktop AURA icon (Right click > Run as administrator)
9) Hit the refresh icon (top right) to search all your AURA Sync devices