cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[AURA feat PREDATOR RGB] Possible fix

rogerlancien
Level 8
Hi people,

I finished my new build last week and I spent many many hours to try to fix the RAM not detected by Aura software.

This thread is for people like me starting with the newer version of AURA : 1.07.35 ,with this version RAMS aren't detected by the software so you have to use the 1.07.22 version.
The problem is that AURA's uninstaller does not uninstall the AAC addons so if you just try to uninstall 1.07.35 and install 1.07.22, it won't work because the installer will skip those addons and 1.07.22 version will run with the 1.07.35 ACC addons.
you have to follow these steps :

!!!! Do not forget to UNLOCK the zip file before extracting the 1.07.22 version ( right click , properties, go down and click unlock ) !!!!

1) Run AsusSetup.exe to uninstall the 1.07.35 version
2) MANUALLY uninstall all the AAC addons (16) by running the AAC setup files located in Lighting_Control_1.07.35\LightingService\aac
3) Clean registry with CCleaner
4) Reboot
5) Install 1.07.22 version , run Setup.exe with administrator mode
6) Reboot when prompted

Now the DRAM panel should appear,this is the only solution that worked for me, and trust me I spent many hours... so maybe you can save time using this guide

cheers

PS: sorry for my bad english
6 REPLIES 6

dfaovred
Level 10
rogerlancien wrote:
Hi people,

I finished my new build last week and I spent many many hours to try to fix the RAM not detected by Aura software.

This thread is for people like me starting with the newer version of AURA : 1.07.35 ,with this version RAMS aren't detected by the software so you have to use the 1.07.22 version.
The problem is that AURA's uninstaller does not uninstall the AAC addons so if you just try to uninstall 1.07.35 and install 1.07.22, it won't work because the installer will skip those addons and 1.07.22 version will run with the 1.07.35 ACC addons.
you have to follow these steps :

!!!! Do not forget to UNLOCK the zip file before extracting the 1.07.22 version ( right click , properties, go down and click unlock ) !!!!

1) Run AsusSetup.exe to uninstall the 1.07.35 version
2) MANUALLY uninstall all the AAC addons (16) by running the AAC setup files located in Lighting_Control_1.07.35\LightingService\aac
3) Clean registry with CCleaner
4) Reboot
5) Install 1.07.22 version , run Setup.exe with administrator mode
6) Reboot when prompted

Now the DRAM panel should appear,this is the only solution that worked for me, and trust me I spent many hours... so maybe you can save time using this guide

cheers

PS: sorry for my bad english

I can confirm this works! My RAM is back 😄

Thanks rogerlancien

dfaovred wrote:

Thanks rogerlancien

you're welcome

In all honesty, this seems like a perfect fix for me, but when I read in the change logs about security vulnerabilities, I will give ASUS some time to maybe try and fix this RAM. Also, they removed all the old versions EVERYWHERE, which just indicates that there might have been one big security $%^& up.

Eclipt wrote:
In all honesty, this seems like a perfect fix for me, but when I read in the change logs about security vulnerabilities, I will give ASUS some time to maybe try and fix this RAM. Also, they removed all the old versions EVERYWHERE, which just indicates that there might have been one big security $%^& up.

I agree with this but but who knows how many security issues will be in the new version and when it will be released , meanwhile , my rams aren't working ^^

dfaovred wrote:

Thanks rogerlancien

It work for me but only in static mode, how does it work for you ?

ivan5kovic wrote:
It work for me but only in static mode, how does it work for you ?

Yes it only works in static mode but it shows up.

HyperX are working on a dedicated app to change the leds, it should be released soonish!