cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AURA DRAM LED Shutdown on sleep

Dreaden
Level 7
Is there a way to make RGB DRAM like G. Skill Trident RGB also turn off with the motherboard when you put the computer to sleep? The shutdown feature in AURA seems to only apply to motherboard LEDs. It defeats the purpose of having the lights off if the extremely bright RAM LEDs don't turn off unless I manually do it every time.
6 REPLIES 6

Dreaden
Level 7
oh such a lonely thread 😞

namoi
Level 8
Probably because it has already been answered 😉

It is a limitation they said. The modules are still powered on while sleeping.
Tbh i don't understand why it is so complicated to turn them off before sleep...

namoi wrote:

It is a limitation they said. The modules are still powered on while sleeping.
Tbh i don't understand why it is so complicated to turn them off before sleep...

I mean I get that the modules are still powered on while sleeping... but Aura has the ability to just turn off the LED on both DRAM and MOBO on the very first page! On the Synchronized tab the ON/OFF switch turns on or off both my MOBO and DRAM LED's... What I don't get is why they haven't included a script that can run when the PC is going to sleep to just set the LED's to turn off. It wouldn't require them to stop giving power to the DRAM, just send the signal that the LED's need to turn off.

Vaelore
Level 7
GeIL Super Luce 3200 should be called "Super Bright while i'm trying to sleep" Ram!! Have to power off to get it to shut down, I hate the hard boot, even though I have a NVMe drive, DAMN THOSE 9 SECONDS TO BOOT!!!

Vaelore wrote:
GeIL Super Luce 3200 should be called "Super Bright while i'm trying to sleep" Ram!! Have to power off to get it to shut down, I hate the hard boot, even though I have a NVMe drive, DAMN THOSE 9 SECONDS TO BOOT!!!

Use Hibernate instead of Sleep then... LED's will turn off, and wont have to 'boot' (may still do post screen tho)

Ghozer wrote:
Use Hibernate instead of Sleep then... LED's will turn off, and wont have to 'boot' (may still do post screen tho)
Shutting down is ok for me,The NVMe drive I have gets me back in action in less than 10s.:p