cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aura Creator & ROG Aura Terminal

KefkaTheJerk
Level 7
Unless I'm doing something wrong -and I wouldn't dismiss that possibility - it seems that Aura Creator is incompatible with Asus' own ROG Aura Terminal. I've seen one other user comment suggesting that his/her terminal doesn't appear in Aura Creator. In my case, I can see the terminal in both Armory Crate and the AURA app itself so I'm fairly sure everything that is supposed to be working is working.

Did I just waste my money?

Should I just return the bloody terminal or does ASUS plan to, you know ... maybe support their own hardware with their own software at some point?

Apologies for the tone; after spending a week looking about for a means to provide additional ARGB headers in my setup, dropping a spot of money, and spending a fair amount of time reconfiguring my system's lighting around the terminal, I was a bit sideways to see that the ARGB headers aren't really. Hoping I'm missing something obvious or that ASUS plans to implement support. Soon.
4 REPLIES 4

Al3xG
Level 9
Yep,Asus,Please Add TERMINAL device into separate setting that it can be adjusted as users wish but not only together with aura in sync mode.

I think for now its best to not use the Armoury Crate, I destinalled it and still run my ASUS Aura, Armory II and HALO Software. All works perfect. I dont trust this crate application. Better deinstall it, and let they Sotware team do their bug fixing stuff first. Eventually you switch over to Crate again.

Imperish wrote:
I think for now its best to not use the Armoury Crate, I destinalled it and still run my ASUS Aura, Armory II and HALO Software. All works perfect. I dont trust this crate application. Better deinstall it, and let they Sotware team do their bug fixing stuff first. Eventually you switch over to Crate again.

Right, now they are trying to push the new software but its still in a bad condition like beta. So i have tried to use it but still miss many things which should work as intended, so i prefer the old aura and armoury, its better for now.

My issue is more with the authoring tool, Creator, than it is with Crate. Crate is alright, albeit very limited relative to the original Aura Sync software. I do believe Creator is built on the same frameworks as the newer Crate software so the newness may indeed be a factor. Even so, the Aura Terminal seems to be trash under the original Aura Sync & Crate. Slightly less so under the original. Doesn't even show in Creator which just destroyed the ability to have a nice aRGB setup under Aura. 😞