cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aura 1.07.71 and earlier versions - Aura service is currently unavailable

evlqueen1186
Level 7
Hi y'all. I'm getting kinda annoyed about this software. I have followed the guides to completely remove it with revouninstaller, I've used the aura cleanup software, I've rebooted like 4000 times, I've manually run the aura service installer about a dozen times, but still when I try to launch the app it says that the auraservice is currently unavailable. I've also unplugged the computer overnight as someone mentioned, but honestly I think that is bull**** because it's a software issue.

Software shouldn't be this messy or this difficult to uninstall completely. Please do something about it!

I have a Crosshair VI Hero.

Is there anybody here who knows what the frig they're doing that can get this working for me? I want to be able to control the lighting. I spent a lot more money to have RGB and I just want it to work as advertised.

Also, put the captcha at the bottom of the screen on this. Holy crap.
59 REPLIES 59

In my case .79 it’s working. No aura service problem anymore, but I can see only my watercooler. Motherboard and Ram missing.*

rulik006
Level 8
Finnaly it working.
This fix helped. If you not unblock, then AXSP wont install = service unnavailable

rulik006 wrote:
Finnaly it working.
This fix helped. If you not unblock, then AXSP wont install = service unnavailable

the AXSP service seems to be running fine on my machine as far as I can tell it shows running in services and the exe for it is not showing and blocks.
Asus ROG Rampage VI Apex 2002 BIOS / Intel i9-7900X / G.Skill TridentZ RBG F4-3866C18Q-32GTZR 17-17-17-37
LG 38" 38GL950G-B Ultrawide / EVGA RTX 2080Ti FTW3 Ultra Hybrid/ Sound Blaster AE-5
Corsair H115i Pro CPU Cooler / EVGA SuperNova 1200 P2 / Corsair Arctic White T780 Case

Dark_Centurion
Level 7
Really not understanding half of the solutions on here, and those that i do understand have failed. I'm tech-savvy, being 22, but I don't have the patience for this ****. It should just plug in and work like every single other RGB product out there. I went through this already and got it working at the very beginning of December, recently installed a bios update and all of a sudden I'm back to square 1 with aura. "Auraservice is currently unavailable." At this point, I'm just not going to buy ASUS again, they're my go-to for motherboards but screw them, MSI's dragon centre works great for my MSI graphics card so I guess I'll go MSI for boards too.

Everyone wants to imitate corsair for the RGB software, nobody gets close but at least everybody elses software actually opens. ASUS Aura is dog ****, and they need to get their act together.

went through Armoury + Aura Creator crap and realized it's pointless. the only change it made for me was adding 5 or 6 more running processes all using up bits of memory for no reason whatsoever.

now a few weeks later I have uninstalled every piece of ASUS software, deleted every trace of ASUS folders/files, deleted every registry entry for ASUS, Lighting Service, and Armoury.
reinstalled "AI_SuiteIII" v3.00.51 and "Lighting Control" v1.07.79 but now Aura will not start, just gives me the Aura Service error that everyone here and all over the web has been complaining about.

tried every solution offered here or anywhere(deleting registry entries & LastProfile.xml, making sure files are not blocked, etc) and still the same error after many reinstalls/uninstalls/restarts.

the only solution that has worked for me is to revert back to "AURA" v1.05.32.02_20180307. loads fine and never has a hitch.
ASUS ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming | i7-11700K \ ASUS ROG Ryujin 360 | G.Skill TridentZ 3466 CL14 32GB | ASUS TUF RTX 3080 Ti | M2: 960GB \ SSDs: 5TB \ HDs: 16TB | Super Flower Leadex III 850w | Fractal Design Vector RS Blackout \ 5x be quiet! Silent Wings 3 140mm High-Speed PWM | Logitech G600 | Corsair K70 LUX RGB | Xbox One S Gamepad | Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 | Anker Soundcore Life Q20 | 34" Alienware AW3420DW \ 55" LG CX OLED | Windows 10 Pro x64

Guys,

I am getting desperate. I've tried everything, but nothing seems to work.
Neither Aura Sync, or Armory Crate are detecting my Crosshair VIII Formula (I don`t install both at the same time).
I`ve uninstalled plenty of times, always cleaning registry, but the problem persists.

To clarify the fix that seems to help the most?

- Uninstall Aura service (Via control panel ? Does is matter how ? Only the "Service"?);
- Delete the xml file;
- Delete registry subfolders (This is where it eludes me. The subfolders are gone, once I uninstall the service);
- Reboot and pray it works ?

When I try the Armory Crate, it simply does not recognize the MOBO. When I try Aura, I get the "service currently unavailable" error.

Is there anything else I could try?

Thanks,

Aura version is Lighting_Control_1.07.79

armax wrote:
Aura version is Lighting_Control_1.07.79

Still not working.. same problem.

TigoTas wrote:
Is there anything else I could try?
have you tied my solution, posted just above yours?
ASUS ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming | i7-11700K \ ASUS ROG Ryujin 360 | G.Skill TridentZ 3466 CL14 32GB | ASUS TUF RTX 3080 Ti | M2: 960GB \ SSDs: 5TB \ HDs: 16TB | Super Flower Leadex III 850w | Fractal Design Vector RS Blackout \ 5x be quiet! Silent Wings 3 140mm High-Speed PWM | Logitech G600 | Corsair K70 LUX RGB | Xbox One S Gamepad | Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 | Anker Soundcore Life Q20 | 34" Alienware AW3420DW \ 55" LG CX OLED | Windows 10 Pro x64

muaraw
Level 7

Go to services and stop lightningservice and it will work fine.