cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aura 1.07.71 and earlier versions - Aura service is currently unavailable

evlqueen1186
Level 7
Hi y'all. I'm getting kinda annoyed about this software. I have followed the guides to completely remove it with revouninstaller, I've used the aura cleanup software, I've rebooted like 4000 times, I've manually run the aura service installer about a dozen times, but still when I try to launch the app it says that the auraservice is currently unavailable. I've also unplugged the computer overnight as someone mentioned, but honestly I think that is bull**** because it's a software issue.

Software shouldn't be this messy or this difficult to uninstall completely. Please do something about it!

I have a Crosshair VI Hero.

Is there anybody here who knows what the frig they're doing that can get this working for me? I want to be able to control the lighting. I spent a lot more money to have RGB and I just want it to work as advertised.

Also, put the captcha at the bottom of the screen on this. Holy crap.
59 REPLIES 59

KILLER_K
Level 10
I guess all of you must have super great luck. Or on an older platform or different platform. Mine hasn't worked since the first windows update. I'm riding the Rainbow RGB Train for a long time now.

KILLER_K wrote:
I guess all of you must have super great luck. Or on an older platform or different platform. Mine hasn't worked since the first windows update. I'm riding the Rainbow RGB Train for a long time now.

Naw, I built this rig like half a year ago. Have you tried the two things in the post above your post? Only the two things, and I have the lighting working.

KILLER_K
Level 10
Yes, I have tried everything multiple times. It seems AMD current gen is broken. Intel's side and older chipsets seem to be pretty good at working. It is kinda disappointing when you buy something new and it is broken out of the box.

I'm always greeted with the Aura service is currently not available. It is what it is though.

Codyksp1
Level 7
None of the steps mentioned here work. Even fully uninstalling and manually deleting every trace of AURA does not work.

Codyksp1 wrote:
None of the steps mentioned here work. Even fully uninstalling and manually deleting every trace of AURA does not work.

Fix seems really hit or miss. A quick skim makes it seem like the current AMD chipset could be the problem? EvlQueen is on an older ryzen platform and many of us that are successful with intel chipsets. Any 3rd Gen Ryzen users have any success?

scsam wrote:
Fix seems really hit or miss. A quick skim makes it seem like the current AMD chipset could be the problem? EvlQueen is on an older ryzen platform and many of us that are successful with intel chipsets. Any 3rd Gen Ryzen users have any success?

I'm on a Ryzen 5 1600x myself, 1st gen if i'm correct.
My AMD chipset drivers are up to date however.

JeffMD
Level 7
I see aura is still the worst piece of crap software out there. I am still running with my initial installation from last year, Lighting_Control_1.07.22.1. It runs fine for the most part but was kind of hoping for some new features by now, some new effects. If there is one thing that makes an rgb setup get old real quick it is being locked to the same effects.

KILLER_K
Level 10
It basically has issues with the new AMD chipset I know that for a fact. As of right now, we need an Asus remover that gets rid off all this junk to start over fresh. Way too many left over files left after you uninstall this thing. Or any of the Asus software for that matter.

SGMRock
Level 9
I have Rampage VI Apex and I tried the Armory Crate software and it sucked bad. I tried to uninstall it and go back to the standalone Aura software and it no longer will work, get the service can't load issue. Tried to uninstall and wipe everything then try again but no luck 😞 At least it still using the MB setup I programmed into it when it did work.
Asus ROG Rampage VI Apex 2002 BIOS / Intel i9-7900X / G.Skill TridentZ RBG F4-3866C18Q-32GTZR 17-17-17-37
LG 38" 38GL950G-B Ultrawide / EVGA RTX 2080Ti FTW3 Ultra Hybrid/ Sound Blaster AE-5
Corsair H115i Pro CPU Cooler / EVGA SuperNova 1200 P2 / Corsair Arctic White T780 Case

rulik006
Level 8
i was hope, that new version of aura will work, but i have no idea how badly i was wrong
Five month of waiting - 1.07.79 RIP