cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aura 1.07.71 and earlier versions - Aura service is currently unavailable

evlqueen1186
Level 7
Hi y'all. I'm getting kinda annoyed about this software. I have followed the guides to completely remove it with revouninstaller, I've used the aura cleanup software, I've rebooted like 4000 times, I've manually run the aura service installer about a dozen times, but still when I try to launch the app it says that the auraservice is currently unavailable. I've also unplugged the computer overnight as someone mentioned, but honestly I think that is bull**** because it's a software issue.

Software shouldn't be this messy or this difficult to uninstall completely. Please do something about it!

I have a Crosshair VI Hero.

Is there anybody here who knows what the frig they're doing that can get this working for me? I want to be able to control the lighting. I spent a lot more money to have RGB and I just want it to work as advertised.

Also, put the captcha at the bottom of the screen on this. Holy crap.
59 REPLIES 59

evlqueen1186 wrote:
I went to C:\Program Files (x86)\LightingService after uninstalling the lighting service component and found a 3kb file called LastProfile.xml. I deleted it. I then went to the registry to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\ and deleted the LightingService subdirectory.

Same at HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\ (deleted the lightingservice folder)

I reinstalled just the lightingservice component and then rebooted, and sh...it just started working. Try it out. I don't know if it's related, but I also updated my AMD radeon driver to 19.7.5 by downloading from the amd website and choosing "Clean Install".

For being sure: "lightingservice component", what is it for you, the exe file in the install folder?

I check before re-installing Aura, I have nothing in Registry right now. But I will try it.

Thank you

evlqueen1186 wrote:
I went to C:\Program Files (x86)\LightingService after uninstalling the lighting service component and found a 3kb file called LastProfile.xml. I deleted it. I then went to the registry to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\ and deleted the LightingService subdirectory.

Same at HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\ (deleted the lightingservice folder)

I reinstalled just the lightingservice component and then rebooted, and sh...it just started working. Try it out. I don't know if it's related, but I also updated my AMD radeon driver to 19.7.5 by downloading from the amd website and choosing "Clean Install".

I forgot my login to RoG forums, reset my account, waited for emails, etc., just to reply THANK YOU! I've been dealing with this problem since I upgraded to my new Asus Maximus XI Hero weeks ago. THANKS!!!!!

evlqueen1186 wrote:

I just deleted LastProfile.xml and it sorted my pc out. Thanks a million, I was close to doing a full re-install! After many attempts to uninstall and reinstall many different versions of Aura!

I signed up this website just to say thank you 🙂

DragonRebornUK wrote:
I just deleted LastProfile.xml and it sorted my pc out. Thanks a million, I was close to doing a full re-install! After many attempts to uninstall and reinstall many different versions of Aura!

I signed up this website just to say thank you 🙂

Me too! I installed the latest October chipset drivers for my Maximus X Hero and Aura just stopped working - tried pretty much everything, was at the point of just uninstalling Aura permanently until I found your post - deleted that one little file, restarted and started working again 🙂

I'm indebted to you sir!

evlqueen1186 wrote:

OMG THANK YOU - you are a Genius.

I've been trying all manner of stuff for days to get my Aura working again after the latest armoury crate installed and Broke everything.

I deleted the folder, cleaned registry with CC Cleaner and reinstalled Aura. No reboot necessary.

Thanks
Kamil

evlqueen1186 wrote:

Kamil K.W. wrote:
I deleted the folder, cleaned registry with CC Cleaner and reinstalled Aura. No reboot necessary.

Thanks
Kamil

This worked! Delete the XML and run ccleaner to wipe old registry keys.
Thank you!

evlqueen1186 wrote:

I have removed lasrptofile file. Started lightning service and it launched and synced xD Thanks.

I did install and uninstall Aura several times, cleaning inbetween, etc. Nothing worked. Frustrations, angryness, etc. Than I saw this post and because nothing else worked.... Removed the LastProfile.xml file and Aura is back.... THANX!!!

evlqueen1186 wrote:

evlqueen1186 wrote:

This worked for me. 5th Dec 2019.

Thanks