AURA 1.05.38 [Report all issues in this thread]

Dimitrios1971
Level 12
AURA 1.05.38

Changelog:
Can install and run on laptops and any PC platform
Can run with only Aura Sync peripherals
Update Aura desktop logo
Increase the support number of Addressable LED to 120 for each Addressable header
Improve system stability
Improve and adjust effect settings
Add multi-language support
for Windows 7 32-bit & 64-bit, Windows 8.1 64-bit, Windows 10 64-bit (support depends on CPU)

http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/Utility/Lighting_Control_1.05.38.zip

OLD

NEW

185 REPLIES 185

Jsunn
Level 7
I'm assuming that it will find its way to the individual motherboard pages eventually?
Its not listed for my X Formula.

KeksimusMaximus
Level 8
Dimitrios1971 wrote:
AURA 1.05.38

Changelog:
Can install and run on laptops and any PC platform
Can run with only Aura Sync peripherals
Update Aura desktop logo
Increase the support number of Addressable LED to 120 for each Addressable header
Improve system stability
Improve and adjust effect settings
Add multi-language support
for Windows 7 32-bit & 64-bit, Windows 8.1 64-bit, Windows 10 64-bit (support depends on CPU)

http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/Utility/Lighting_Control_1.05.38.zip

Hello, im very gald to see "Increase the support number of Addressable LED to 120 for each Addressable header" but now a question remains, why only 120? Is there a firmware limitation on the Asus Aura embedded controller? I was doing tests on Aura settings and at most i was able to control 128 LEDs (not 120) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ub-EWTsMPkg

Please be honest with us that there is something broken inside Asus Aura embedded controller. The fact that Asus Aura is able to control at most 128 LEDs points to conclusion that probably someone somewhere who was programming Aura embedded code decided to use an signed integer 8 (int8) data type for addressing LEDs, int8 can hold values from -128 to 127, fits perfectly where 1st led is index 0 while last led is index 127.
A proper solution would be to use at least an uint8 (from 0 to 255) or even uint16 that is supported on any 8-bit microcontrollers. But that, if Asus Aura uses separate controller, is impossible to fix on existing motherboards.
So because of programmers error we are now limited only to 128 LEDs?
Dargus Maximus
~Explorer ~Engineer ~Guide
My Youtube channel - PC modding, streaming, gaming

There's still conflict between Corsair LINK and Aura...
LED effects are laggy when Corsair RAM is connected to Aura and Corsair Link is working.

Ingvarr100th wrote:
There's still conflict between Corsair LINK and Aura...
LED effects are laggy when Corsair RAM is connected to Aura and Corsair Link is working.

Kindly check this out:

https://www.asus.com/campaign/aura/upload/download/20180223060220_m1.pdf

Other Lighting software
Conflicts might occur between Aura and other lighting control software. If you are having problem
controlling the lighting of your Aura sync products, ensure that any other lighting control software and
its background processes are closed/uninstalled to avoid conflict.

theWanderer521 wrote:
Kindly check this out:

https://www.asus.com/campaign/aura/upload/download/20180223060220_m1.pdf

Other Lighting software
Conflicts might occur between Aura and other lighting control software. If you are having problem
controlling the lighting of your Aura sync products, ensure that any other lighting control software and
its background processes are closed/uninstalled to avoid conflict.

I really have more knowledge than some FAQ, and I know what issue is...
But it was said that it will be under investigation with Corsair whit intent to fix this but after that declaration there is silence.
So this will be fixed or not?

Hello,

I like the AURA software and also the new look. I use it with the following hardware:

- ASUS ROG Maximus IX Hero
- ASUS ROG Claymore
- ASUS ROG Gladius II
- G.Skill Trident Z RGB
- Deepcool Captain 240 EX RGB
- MasterFan Pro 120 Air Balance RGB

All devices are set to be in sync, static red. So a complete pretty AURA setup in theory...
However, I have 3 issues with makes it hard to use it:

- I regularly use Standby / Hibernate under Windows 10. The software then often "forgets" the config, and mouse and/or keyboard behave completely different, e. g. have color change, heartbeat or whatever. I then have to unsync and sync them again or switch Aura off and on. Really annoying!

- When using color cycle, the ROG Claymore and ROG Gladius II are not completely in sync. Gladius seems to be in sync with all other components but it looks like the Claymore always lacks behind some hundred ms. This produces a quite disturbing effect. Also annoying!

- It is possible to give different colors for the RGB-Headers, so I can give CPU cooler and fans dedicated color. This means to me that the headers can be addressed each on their own. But e. g. in the mode "Comet", they are not turned off and on separately as one would expect. They are always addressed together with the mainboard. Would it maybe be possible to have them addressable separately?

Best regards

Stefan

AURA x99-e-10g ws Shutdown can not be controlled

Motherboard: ROG MAXIMUS VIII HERO ALPHA
Processor: i7-6700K
BIOS version: 3703
Memory kit: DDR4 G.Skill Ripjaws V F4-3000C15Q-32GVR 32GB (4x8GB) 3000MHz
Graphics card: ROG STRIX-GTX1070-O8G-GAMING
Mouse: Zowie EC1-A
Keyboard: Corsair Strafe Cherry MX Red CH-9000088 (without led software)
Cooling solution: Corsair Hydro Series H100i v2
Aura version: 1.05.38
Other lighting software with version: Corsair Link 4.9.5.25 for cooling led

2. A detailed description of your problem
Aura Software can't see my mothearboard, only the graphic card.
The old Aura software only for MB works fine (version 1.01.16)

3. A screenshot / photo / video showing your problem

The Pugio Mouse and the claymore both are crashing in aura sync in rainbow mode both in gradient and color cycle, and it will throw off the x370-f's lighting as well. Also the Claymore in Armoury custom mode will not illuminate the logo. I just got the pugio and claymore and i only use custom and rainbow sync, So this is little disappointing. Thinking about returning them and getting the gladius ii and then waiting for the strix flair in hopes that would be better.