AURA 1.05.38 [Report all issues in this thread]

Dimitrios1971
Level 12
AURA 1.05.38

Changelog:
Can install and run on laptops and any PC platform
Can run with only Aura Sync peripherals
Update Aura desktop logo
Increase the support number of Addressable LED to 120 for each Addressable header
Improve system stability
Improve and adjust effect settings
Add multi-language support
for Windows 7 32-bit & 64-bit, Windows 8.1 64-bit, Windows 10 64-bit (support depends on CPU)

http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/Utility/Lighting_Control_1.05.38.zip

OLD

NEW

185 REPLIES 185

AURA stopped working after updating 7700k microcode to version 84 (KB 4090007). GUI doesn't run at all, LightningService.exe eats up about 15-18% CPU and keeps it running at full speed. Also makes reading memory SPD very slow, CPU-Z or HWINFO64 startup time drastically increased. Removed for now, waiting for a fix.
Mobo: Z270i.

Also, recaptcha used on forum will be dead in half a month, upgrade it please.

Venture wrote:
So, I upgraded to V 1.05.38 and now aura crashes as soon as i launch it. A dump file is generated as follows:

Also if you click on the Problem Number (362241) there are 25211 separate dumps... this seems like a lot of people are affected, any chance of a reply and possible ETA for the fix?

29030 dumps now...

still the same problem...my motherboard is invisible...in aura ui

I have the same problem with CPU taxing. After a while, LightningService.exe eats up to 15% on my 5960X CPU and thats waaaay to much, for a app that only lights my MB.

Even 3%, after a fresh restart, is way to high. This is seriously bad coding, if such a app eats that much. My MB is the ROG Strix X99 Gaming.
At this point, i also want to mention, that i have a autostart "program" task, that points to a "ALRun.exe", which doesnt exist anywhere on my PC.
The "ALRun.exe" belongs to the Homecloud installer, but like i said, it is not installed anywhere on my PC.

This shows, how bad the setup files are written. This is on a fresh installed Windows 10 64bit system, with all the latest drivers and BIOS for my MB (after that January/February **** Rollupdate from Microsoft).

I expect better stuff from a "ROG" brand.

cheers, u-man

kompura
Level 7
LightingService.exe is having about 3% CPU usage when just being in background and that is a LOT compared to other services in Windows 10. Is it a bug or is it just me having that issue?

koper1473
Level 7
Hello.
I have problem with Aura on motherboard Z370-F like this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fc-qDzYUPvA (my video).
When I made my PC Aura worked fine. After that i have problem with proces "LightingService" (always take 20% processor use).
Then to use RGB on my motherboard (only motherboard) i must take off PC and Power Supply, wait few secont to standby led off. When i take PS ON Aura working to system shutdown.
Now i have problem with Aura like i can't run led on motherboard. Motherboard will take flash led when i run PS (in video).
I think only u can help me.
Regards,
Mathew

koper1473 wrote:
Hello.
I have problem with Aura on motherboard Z370-F like this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fc-qDzYUPvA (my video).
When I made my PC Aura worked fine. After that i have problem with proces "LightingService" (always take 20% processor use).
Then to use RGB on my motherboard (only motherboard) i must take off PC and Power Supply, wait few secont to standby led off. When i take PS ON Aura working to system shutdown.
Now i have problem with Aura like i can't run led on motherboard. Motherboard will take flash led when i run PS (in video).
I think only u can help me.
Regards,
Mathew

I've seen this happen when you have another RGB control software installed, if you have G.Skill, Chroma, or Corsair link, etc installed try setting them to default and seeing what happens.

Sapphiress wrote:
I've seen this happen when you have another RGB control software installed, if you have G.Skill, Chroma, or Corsair link, etc installed try setting them to default and seeing what happens.

Hello.
I have water cooling Corsair H100i v2 with RGB and memory Corsair CMR16GX4M2C3200C16 8GB*2 (with RGB too).
Now i uninstall Corsair Link, motherboard RGB don't working (only flash when i turn ON Power Supply. Today i try reinstall Windows and instal only Aura software.
Have u maybe any suggestion what else can i do?
Regards,
Mathew

koper1473 wrote:
Hello.
I have water cooling Corsair H100i v2 with RGB and memory Corsair CMR16GX4M2C3200C16 8GB*2 (with RGB too).
Now i uninstall Corsair Link, motherboard RGB don't working (only flash when i turn ON Power Supply. Today i try reinstall Windows and instal only Aura software.
Have u maybe any suggestion what else can i do?
Regards,
Mathew

I have the same problem on the Asus Z370-F. After the start of the PC after a while, "LightingService" is loaded at 20% or higher. The only solution that I found is to run the Aura application, for a while the load of "LightingService" comes back to normal, but it's only for a while. I tried to solve this problem in many ways from completely removing Aura to removing other RGB control software, but this did not help. In AURA 1.05.38 this problem was not corrected. I hope developers will pay attention to this problem and release a fix in the next version.

force256 wrote:
I have the same problem on the Asus Z370-F. After the start of the PC after a while, "LightingService" is loaded at 20% or higher. The only solution that I found is to run the Aura application, for a while the load of "LightingService" comes back to normal, but it's only for a while. I tried to solve this problem in many ways from completely removing Aura to removing other RGB control software, but this did not help. In AURA 1.05.38 this problem was not corrected. I hope developers will pay attention to this problem and release a fix in the next version.

Hi force256.
After that (flash when take ON PS) i have load of "LightingService" about 20% too.