AURA 1.05.38 [Report all issues in this thread]

Dimitrios1971
Level 12
AURA 1.05.38

Changelog:
Can install and run on laptops and any PC platform
Can run with only Aura Sync peripherals
Update Aura desktop logo
Increase the support number of Addressable LED to 120 for each Addressable header
Improve system stability
Improve and adjust effect settings
Add multi-language support
for Windows 7 32-bit & 64-bit, Windows 8.1 64-bit, Windows 10 64-bit (support depends on CPU)

http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/Utility/Lighting_Control_1.05.38.zip

OLD

NEW

185 REPLIES 185

Same issue as always here. 1.05.28 onwards causes my CREATIVE SoundBlaster Omni 5.1 drivers to crash/lock the Windows volume to 100% on start up, as well as causing the RGB lighting to lock up mid-sequence/turn off.
"Everyone is entitled to my opinion." - Me

leekimah
Level 7
AURA has stopped working. -_-
Had trouble from previous version, too.
Can anybody help me? Thanks,

https://drdump.com/UploadedReport.aspx?DumpID=20674735&SecondVisit=1

leekimah wrote:
AURA has stopped working. -_-
Had trouble from previous version, too.
Can anybody help me? Thanks,

https://drdump.com/UploadedReport.aspx?DumpID=20674735&SecondVisit=1

This is happening due to the software using high CPU USAGE when it happens again please take a look at task manager and confirm thank you

namoi
Level 8
On rainbow mode and on Claymore (latest firmware)

-caps lock and num still doesn't light.

-rog logo finally lights (fixed with the latest claymore firmware, not aura) but two of the three leds under spacebar are still off.

-overall brightness of the claymore in this mode is still too low comparing other modes.

namoi
Level 8
Also and still very annoying.
If you turn aura lightning off, the caps lock and num are also turned off. That's counter productive.

One should have an option to choose the behavior of these leds.
When Aura is on they could be disturbing.
When Aura is off they definitely needs to be on.

Give an option to control this behavior and fix inconsistencies between modes for this AND brightness.
We should be able to control it for each area and devices and in each modes.

namoi
Level 8
Just had an Aura freeze/bug... I was just dealing with Excel so not fancy stuff.
I didn't had one for weeks with latest 32 beta.

They screwed something again while trying to fix another one...

It is endless...

this one is working pretty good for me, no crashs or bugs since yet. good work defs!

Uninstalled previous version, restarted, aura cleaner, restarted, installed this new version.

Everything works besides the "Sync at shutdown". Every time I set it to off it sets itself back on to the default color cycle when I shut my computer down. The Mobo LEDs are the only thing on at this time and I want them off. Didn't have a problem with this in the previous version of Aura Sync software.

SPECS:
I7-7700K
ASUS STRIX Z270E (Bios ver. 1203)
WINDOWS 10 PRO x64 VER. 1709 OSBUILD 16299.248

Carbonicdk
Level 8
My Aura just stopped working. When I can get the application to start it shows only LED strip and GFX card but not motherboard and memory, changing the settings do nothing.

Upon investigation I believe it's because "atkexComSvc.exe / AXSP / ASUS Com Service" crashes every time Windows starts or even if I manually try to start it. In the event viewer it looks like:

Faulting application name: atkexComSvc.exe, version: 1.0.0.1, time stamp: 0x5a4e3d74
Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00000000
Faulting process id: 0xc18
Faulting application start time: 0x01d3b3d52fcfeb70
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\AXSP\4.00.01\atkexComSvc.exe
Faulting module path: unknown
Report Id: dda50b13-6c92-45c8-a1d0-23f251d2f542
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Tried going back to the previous Lighting_Control_1.05.32.02 version for my Z370-E motherboard but same thing. Reinstalling this version. Trying to manually start the 4 different versions of AXSP I had in C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\AXSP\ all resulted in the same thing.

I then tried completely uninstalling Aura and concentrating on getting AXSP / atkexComSvc.exe to work which is where I'm at now. Have ruled out other software as the issue by seeing it happens after a safe boot and a clean boot. Harddrive reports no errors, Windows 10 Pro 64bit is fine and reports no errors using sfc /scannow.

Carbonicdk wrote:
My Aura just stopped working. When I can get the application to start it shows only LED strip and GFX card but not motherboard and memory, changing the settings do nothing.

Upon investigation I believe it's because "atkexComSvc.exe / AXSP / ASUS Com Service" crashes every time Windows starts or even if I manually try to start it. In the event viewer it looks like:

Faulting application name: atkexComSvc.exe, version: 1.0.0.1, time stamp: 0x5a4e3d74
Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00000000
Faulting process id: 0xc18
Faulting application start time: 0x01d3b3d52fcfeb70
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\AXSP\4.00.01\atkexComSvc.exe
Faulting module path: unknown
Report Id: dda50b13-6c92-45c8-a1d0-23f251d2f542
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Tried going back to the previous Lighting_Control_1.05.32.02 version for my Z370-E motherboard but same thing. Reinstalling this version. Trying to manually start the 4 different versions of AXSP I had in C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\AXSP\ all resulted in the same thing.

I then tried completely uninstalling Aura and concentrating on getting AXSP / atkexComSvc.exe to work which is where I'm at now. Have ruled out other software as the issue by seeing it happens after a safe boot and a clean boot. Harddrive reports no errors, Windows 10 Pro 64bit is fine and reports no errors using sfc /scannow.
Try to uninstall once more.
Reboot.
Delete the folder axps folder. If you can't, then kill the service (but it shouldn't be running as it crashes) and try again.

Now IMPORTANT run ccleaner and perform a registry cleaning to get ride of all old asus entries related to aura and that service in particular.

Reboot and try to install Aura once more to see if the service can be reinstalled fresh.