AURA 1.05.38 [Report all issues in this thread]

Dimitrios1971
Level 12
AURA 1.05.38

Changelog:
Can install and run on laptops and any PC platform
Can run with only Aura Sync peripherals
Update Aura desktop logo
Increase the support number of Addressable LED to 120 for each Addressable header
Improve system stability
Improve and adjust effect settings
Add multi-language support
for Windows 7 32-bit & 64-bit, Windows 8.1 64-bit, Windows 10 64-bit (support depends on CPU)

http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/Utility/Lighting_Control_1.05.38.zip

OLD

NEW

185 REPLIES 185

andreyMS wrote:
How Can I manage the motherboard leds? (Alpha Hero)

Windows 10 fresh install and I can't see my motherboard (Alpha Hero)

andreyMS wrote:
Windows 10 fresh install and I can't see my motherboard (Alpha Hero)

Look at this thread: https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?94418-Aura-firmware-reflash-recovery-tool
"Everyone is entitled to my opinion." - Me

Mace ya face wrote:
Look at this thread: https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?94418-Aura-firmware-reflash-recovery-tool

The old Aura only for mothearboar Works fine.
And the old Aura for GTX1700 also Works fine.

Installed AURA with no problem.

One issue is - I want all LED to be OFF when the PC is shut down. However, it returns to default after I SHUTDOWN/RESTART the pc. So I need to check everytime the AURA software, before shutting down, to select the OFF setting again.

-- ROG Strix Z370-E -- i7 8700k 3.7 Ghz -- Win10

MrAgapiGC
Level 13
Just in. Installation was simple. Uninstall (normal windows way) restart. Delete aura from C. then I run the aura cleaner (just in case) and install. New logo, always welcome new steps. I am using Hero IX lights are stronger. I have a very tinted glass panel It is bright. GOOD (at least for me) Try all modes. BUT! MUSIC. when it use a USB headphones in my case the hyper x Cloud Revolver S , I have to pump the volume so the lights changes, funk patter is notable. Tomorrow I will test the front Panel audio and digital out if these have the isuues. Aside that on normal Speakers word great, Note the Sleep does not anything. aside patterns like gradient rainbow. I will continue testing and check other isues as well. KUDOS have a nice night, well at least here!!!
Learn, Play Enjoy!

dolfan058
Level 7
Anybody else with a Maximus VIII Hero Alpha not able to get the Motherboard LEDs to show on the software? I can control the GPU just fine (Strix 1080), but not the motherboard LEDs

dolfan058 wrote:
Anybody else with a Maximus VIII Hero Alpha not able to get the Motherboard LEDs to show on the software? I can control the GPU just fine (Strix 1080), but not the motherboard LEDs

Same Issue here. Alpha mobo. The old aura software that originally came with the Alpha worked fine, but only worked with the Mobo. I also have a Strix Gpu now and wanted to update to the Aura Sync software and control all my RGB devices and link their behavior, but sadly only the Gpu shows up in the app. Ive tried a clean install using Auracleaner, etc. nothing seems to work 😕
ASUS ROG Z790 Apex Encore | i9 14900ks | | G. Skill Trident Z5 8000 | 2x WD SN850x 4gb | Asus Strix RTX 4080 OC| Asus ROG Thor 1200w | Windows 11 Pro

Jsunn
Level 7
My Addressable RGB strip is still not working.
I just installed Aura version 1.05.38 on Windows 10. This is on a clean install of windows. There was no other version of Aura installed before this.
It seems all other functionality works.

I set the number to 15 for the 15 LEDs on the strip.
It remains dark, does not light up at all.

It is plugged in to ADD Header 1.
Right now, unless I drain my loop and pull everything apart, I can't really get to the cord to try and plug it into the second ADD header.

Any suggestions?
Is the motherboard to blame?
This is so frustrating....

My Specs:
Asus Maximus X Formula
Windows 10 Pro Build: 1709 Bld 16299.248
Asus Aura: 1.05.38
Cable Mods addressable RGB strip.

Please advise.

Jsunn wrote:
My Addressable RGB strip is still not working.
I just installed Aura version 1.05.38 on Windows 10. This is on a clean install of windows. There was no other version of Aura installed before this.
It seems all other functionality works.

I set the number to 15 for the 15 LEDs on the strip.
It remains dark, does not light up at all.

It is plugged in to ADD Header 1.
Right now, unless I drain my loop and pull everything apart, I can't really get to the cord to try and plug it into the second ADD header.

Any suggestions?
Is the motherboard to blame?
This is so frustrating....

My Specs:
Asus Maximus X Formula
Windows 10 Pro Build: 1709 Bld 16299.248
Asus Aura: 1.05.38
Cable Mods addressable RGB strip.

Please advise.

OK, I'm an idiot!
I had the Addressable strip plugged in wrong. Its working now!

YAY!!!! 😉

NuMetal93
Level 7
AURA installs but throws a "AsiO.sys" error when installing. When i try to run the program it crashes.

Rampage 5 edition 10 x99 Bios 1801
I76850k
Windows 10 build 10.0.16299

Pls help!