cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AURA 1.05.28 & 1.05.32.02 [Report all issues in this thread]

AkaNe0
Level 10
A new version of AURA software is now available.

DOWNLOAD AURA v1.05.32.02 Beta

DOWNLOAD AURA v1.05.28

Read the FAQ

Changelog for v1.05.28:

• Corsair memory kit "CMR" 2x8GB are now detected
  • Fix stability issues
  • Fix occasional high CPU loading issues
  • Adjust effects settings
  • Fix task bar issue
  • Fix issue with Windows 10 Fall Creators Update
  • Add support for Fusion 500 Headset

Side note
->For X99 chipset motherboards: to enable DRAM LEDs control, please go to BIOS / Ai Tweaker (or Extreme Tweaker) /DRAM Timing Control / DRAM SPD Write : Enabled
-> For Corsair Memory, due to hardware compatibility limitation, the Breathe and Color Cycle effect do not light on.
-> For the addressable LED, the limit is set at 60 LEDs. We are working on increasing this limit for future version.

Having issues?
Before reporting, make sure to follow the below steps:
-> Have the latest BIOS for your motherboard.
-> Have the latest drivers and firmware installed for all your AURA Sync products.
-> Uninstall previous version of AURA through the Control Panel and reboot your system.

If you are still having problems with installing Aura, follow those steps:

1. Uninstall Aura through the control panel
2. Run Aura Cleaner tool available here
3. Shut down your computer completely (from the PSU / power plug).
4. Download the latest version of AURA available.
5. Unzip the zip file, right click on the “Setup” and under Properties\Compatibility, select “Run as administrator”. Apply and close Properties window.
6. Run "Setup" and reboot your system.

To report an issue
Please provide a detail description of your problem and your system specs, including:
Motherboard:
BIOS version:
Processor:
Memory kit:
Graphics card:
Mouse:
Keyboard:
Cooling solution:
Aura version:

Know issues:
1. Z170-Pro Gaming AURA users have problem with AURA UI being transparent.
2. Claymore flickering in breathing mode every 2 min
3. CPU usage / crash for some system configuration
And don't forget, Keep pushing it !
386 REPLIES 386

GeneralT001 wrote:
Gave it ago (again) still no joy. I think I have done everything mentioned in these threads - except for checking if the cable somehow disconnected from the plastic shroud, but don't think that is likely as it worked for a couple of days before it died altogether. Mind you, I guess that would explain why the motherboard is always greyed out in Aura.

But, then again, if I do turn the EVGA PSU off and then back on the RGB will illuminate for the briefest time - but at least that would indicate that power is avail - but is being shutoff somewhere else - perhaps in software?

Aura does show the DRAM and other headers - just not the MB.

Yeah same here with same motherboard. My case is #308. I tries last BIOS 0607 and its same..

lexa47 wrote:
Yeah same here with same motherboard. My case is #308. I tries last BIOS 0607 and its same..

I hope ASUS is all over this type of crap. Should never be happening, yet their customer service is telling people to send the MBs back for RMA when it seems to be a software issue??

lexa47 wrote:
Thanks for reply. I make two videos.

1) Startup of PC after power supply removal: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmiTTItH8XE

2) Dying of RGB after couple minutes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ra84vWJJabk

Aura sometimes detect my motherboard but sometimes not. But if i try change some effect nothing happens, default didnt helps too.

https://imgur.com/a/IHAHd foto

Im now in state, when even if i complatly remove aura lights they didnt work at all. I think AURA RGB firmware is f*cked for me. Any way to reflesh it or something? Or RMA this MB? Im really hopeless, I spend so many time on this...

Btw. suggested fix didnt help.

What is happening to your system isn't normal, especially the second part where the LED are blinking. Before sending to RMA, you could give last try by doing a clean install of Windows.

namAehT wrote:
It is possible to force the software into enabling more than 120 LEDs, but anything past 120 does not light.
This leads me to believe there is a hardware/firmware limitation on the number of LEDs that can be driven.

As mentioned previously, 120 LEDs is what we recommend. Past that, some damage could be caused to the hardware.

GeneralT001 wrote:
So, I took everything apart and removed the plastic shroud to ensure the RGB light was plugged in....it was. Put everything back together and still the same...no RGB light on the MB and it is greyed out in the Aura software. I guess I'll try rolling back the BIOS to the previous one next - maybe that will help??

Have you actually unplug and replug the cable? It can help to reboot it.

AkaNe@Asus wrote:
Have you actually unplug and replug the cable? It can help to reboot it.

No, I didn't try that....but is this really what needs to be done? Where is the QC for ASUS? Am I going to have to rip this MB out every few days to replug a cable - which I highly doubt is going to help in any way? That's ridiculous...there is an obvious software issue with these ROG Strix Z370 MBs and ASUS should be all over this?

Is ASUS aware of this growing issue with Aura and their MBs?

I'll try it...but this sux.

GeneralT001 wrote:
No, I didn't try that....but is this really what needs to be done? Where is the QC for ASUS? Am I going to have to rip this MB out every few days to replug a cable - which I highly doubt is going to help in any way? That's ridiculous...there is an obvious software issue with these ROG Strix Z370 MBs and ASUS should be all over this?
Is ASUS aware of this growing issue with Aura and their MBs?
I'll try it...but this sux.

I already reported the issue to try to replicate. The problem we have right now is that it's hard to replicate. Our team is looking into it.

I cannot get my AMD Wraith Max CPU cooler to be the same color as the lights on my Asus Crosshair VI Extreme motherboard. It stays green most of the time. I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

Edit: Nevermind, AkaNe@Asus already answered my question. Thank you so much. My rig is now a deep AMD red!

To report an issue
Please provide a detail description of your problem and your system specs, including:
Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z370-F Gaming
BIOS version: The latest, Updated 3 days ago.
Processor: Intel Core i7-8700K, 3700 MHz
Memory kit: 16GB (2x 8192MB) G.Skill RipJaws V DDR4-3200 DIMM
Graphics card: AMD Radeon HD 7870
Mouse: Revoltec Flight Mouse Elite
Keyboard: Logitech g19
Cooling solution: Noctua NH-D15 Tower Cooler
Aura version: Tried all, right now the Beta Lighting_Control_1.05.32.02

bought this motherboard 1 week ago. first of all i downloaded somehow the old .25 Version and it wasnt working. then i regocnized there is a new one and downloaded the 27 version. it worked maybe a half hour in combination with my tower LED stripes. i entered a game and since then never saw the lights again. tryed a lot, turned off on in the BIOS, tryed different versions of aura.

matija. wrote:

bought this motherboard 1 week ago. first of all i downloaded somehow the old .25 Version and it wasnt working. then i regocnized there is a new one and downloaded the 27 version. it worked maybe a half hour in combination with my tower LED stripes. i entered a game and since then never saw the lights again. tryed a lot, turned off on in the BIOS, tryed different versions of aura.

razsnavi wrote:
Good day,
My ASUS B150i Pro Gaming/Aura motherboard isn't detected in ANY Aura Sync software including the 1.05.32 beta version.. It works fine on My Strix-GTX1050Ti-O4G graphics and G.Skill Trident Z RGB RAM..
Although the Motherboard RGB works using the Motherboard's supplied Aura software, but that software does not detect My Strix-GTX1050Ti-O4G graphics and G.Skill Trident Z RGB RAM..
Can you please provide support for the Motherboard?

Can you try the fix from GeneralT001 by reinstalling 1.04.29 version and let us know if the LEDs are back and motherboard icon is recognized in Aura.

AliAPCMR wrote:
I can confirm these settings do not work on Aura and i have 16gb ddr4 corsair Ram:

Does not Work:
Breathing, Ram lights turns off motherboard lights are on
Colour Cycle again motherboard lights work but ram lights are off
Wave does not work ram lights are off but motherboard lights on
Shutdown NONE OF THE OPTIONS WORK ON THE RAM THE motherboard runs the lights fine but the RAM LIGHTS ARE OFF.

What works:
Rainbow works , colour cycle and gradient
Comet all options work
Flash and Dash All Options work
Glowing YoYo All Options work
Starry Night all options work
Strobing all options work
Music All Options work

Shutdown settings for the lights NONE OF THE OPTIONS WORK ON THE RAM THE motherboard runs the lights run fine at shutdown but the RAM LIGHTS ARE OFF.

I have tried these on version Aura V1.05.32.02 and Version 1.05.28

This is defo software issue as i have replaced my parts twice. Still the issue remains.

If you read the FAQ and latest changelog you will know that Corsair RAM lighting effect cannot be control during breathing and color cycle due to DRAM EC Specifications.

GeneralT001 wrote:
So,
I have had the issue of no MB RGB lights, on my brand new ROG Strix Z370-F MB, for sometime now and have tried everything under the sun to get them working (BIOS/Aura install - uninstall/ take MB out and confirm RGB cable is plugged in - twice) but nothing made a difference. I didn't want to do a fresh install of Win 10 - as this was already a fresh install with this build.

Then, today, ASUS asked me to use Aura V1.04.29 and F**K IT WORKED!! 🙂

Thank You ASUS!!

Who would have thought that not having these lights would mean so much in getting them back (excuse here...I'm tearing up :))

All is right in the world again and am back being an ASUS fan boy!!

Would like to know why this older version 1.04.29 works though??
Many thanks again ASUS!!

Thanks for sharing your fix.

For any other similar cases, p[lease help to try 1.04.29 version and report if that fix your issue. This will help our team to find a durable fix.

And there's still conflict between Corsair Link and AURA on Corsair RAM

AkaNe@Asus wrote:
Can you try the fix from GeneralT001 by reinstalling 1.04.29 version and let us know if the LEDs are back and motherboard icon is recognized in Aura.

If you read the FAQ and latest changelog you will know that Corsair RAM lighting effect cannot be control during breathing and color cycle due to DRAM EC Specifications.

Thanks for sharing your fix.

For any other similar cases, p[lease help to try 1.04.29 version and report if that fix your issue. This will help our team to find a durable fix.

Does not Work:
Breathing, Ram lights turns off motherboard lights are on
Colour Cycle again motherboard lights work but ram lights are off
Wave does not work ram lights are off but motherboard lights on
Shutdown NONE OF THE OPTIONS WORK ON THE RAM THE motherboard runs the lights fine but the RAM LIGHTS ARE OFF.

What works:
Rainbow works , colour cycle and gradient
Comet all options work
Flash and Dash All Options work
Glowing YoYo All Options work
Starry Night all options work
Strobing all options work
Music All Options work

Fair ENOUGH two options are due to certain limitations but what about the REST I HAVE MENTIONED. Within the shutdown TAB NONE OF THE LIGHTS WORK. For example I enable static within the shutdown tab the ram LEDS are off but motherboard works fine, no matter what option i choose in the shut down tab THE RAM MODULES ARE OFF. In the Synchronized tab Wave does not work ram lights are off but motherboard lights on.