cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AURA 1.05.28 & 1.05.32.02 [Report all issues in this thread]

AkaNe0
Level 10
A new version of AURA software is now available.

DOWNLOAD AURA v1.05.32.02 Beta

DOWNLOAD AURA v1.05.28

Read the FAQ

Changelog for v1.05.28:

• Corsair memory kit "CMR" 2x8GB are now detected
  • Fix stability issues
  • Fix occasional high CPU loading issues
  • Adjust effects settings
  • Fix task bar issue
  • Fix issue with Windows 10 Fall Creators Update
  • Add support for Fusion 500 Headset

Side note
->For X99 chipset motherboards: to enable DRAM LEDs control, please go to BIOS / Ai Tweaker (or Extreme Tweaker) /DRAM Timing Control / DRAM SPD Write : Enabled
-> For Corsair Memory, due to hardware compatibility limitation, the Breathe and Color Cycle effect do not light on.
-> For the addressable LED, the limit is set at 60 LEDs. We are working on increasing this limit for future version.

Having issues?
Before reporting, make sure to follow the below steps:
-> Have the latest BIOS for your motherboard.
-> Have the latest drivers and firmware installed for all your AURA Sync products.
-> Uninstall previous version of AURA through the Control Panel and reboot your system.

If you are still having problems with installing Aura, follow those steps:

1. Uninstall Aura through the control panel
2. Run Aura Cleaner tool available here
3. Shut down your computer completely (from the PSU / power plug).
4. Download the latest version of AURA available.
5. Unzip the zip file, right click on the “Setup” and under Properties\Compatibility, select “Run as administrator”. Apply and close Properties window.
6. Run "Setup" and reboot your system.

To report an issue
Please provide a detail description of your problem and your system specs, including:
Motherboard:
BIOS version:
Processor:
Memory kit:
Graphics card:
Mouse:
Keyboard:
Cooling solution:
Aura version:

Know issues:
1. Z170-Pro Gaming AURA users have problem with AURA UI being transparent.
2. Claymore flickering in breathing mode every 2 min
3. CPU usage / crash for some system configuration
And don't forget, Keep pushing it !
386 REPLIES 386

When I purchased my new gaming rig, I decided to explore the Aura software suite. When the motherboard was running default BIOS 0802, I also installed the default Aura software from the ASUS setup CD (1.05.02). I was able to setup the motherboard LEDs any way I wanted. Things were fine, but no more. After upgrading the BIOS (1004 and recently 1102), the software was never able to control the motherboard LEDs, as the LEDs never showed up under the Aura software. The software crashed often, too Later on, I installed addressable LEDs in the hopes of controlling both the motherboard LEDs and the addressable strip of LEDs. The LEDs on the motherboard do not work anymore. They will only work when the motherboard is off (as I used the BIOS settings to enable that feature. Both settings of 'Enable LEDs' was set, yet it never works when the PC is on)

After going through every combination of Aura software, uninstalling it, using CC cleaner, Aura Cleaner (which never seems to work, as a brief console window pops up, then nothing else happens), reinstalling it (older and newer versions), the software NEVER sees the motherboard LEDs. Only a few versions of Aura software will show the LED Strip, though the software will most likely crash after trying to change any settings.

The software crashes 90% of the time and has given Aura crash reports every time, so it says. I hope they're useful.

In the meantime, I'm going to uninstall all Aura software and let the addressable LED strip run the usual rainbow-setting and forget my motherboard has LEDs, as this is no longer worth my time and energy trying to fix. This is just a joke. I don't know what else to do, other than hope more updates are made. ASUS, feel free to contact me to help me through this issue. If not, next time I buy a motherboard, I will avoid ASUS Aura products like the plague.

Motherboard: ASUS PRIME X299-DELUXE
BIOS version: 1102
Processor: Intel i7-7800X
Memory kit: Corsair Vengence LXP 16G
Graphics card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 Gaming 8G
Mouse: Evoluent
Keyboard: Microsoft Sculpt
Cooling solution: Noctua D-Type NF-A15
Aura version: 1.05.32.02 (And all others)

tenaflyvipers wrote:
Hi,

I realize that the Z370-G has no RGB header, but where would we plug in something like the Silverstone LSB01? And if we got RGB fans that were also Aura compatible can we only control the fans and not the rgb on the fans?

Any assistance is greatly appreciated. I bought Aura Sync compatible Fans and LED's but I am starting to think even that might be useless with this board. I have to wonder why the ITX gets a dedicated RGB header and it has less real estate than the mATX board. No love for mATX I suppose. This is the first PC I have built with my son and so far everything has been easy except the stupid lights.

I have ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) and it does not have RGB-Header too. I hate Asus for their bad information abou this. If a board is named to be ready for Aura no one looks for the fine differences to see that there is Aura for MB and for RAM but not for external fans or power supplies using RGB-headers. What a mess!

I did not solve the problem either but i bougt a Cooler Master RGB LED Controller MFY-RCSN-NNUDK-R1. Therefore it is possible to control RGB-stuff without sync to Aura-installed components. Therefore you have to frequencies....

But this solution is better than selling the board and switching to a one with RGB-headers...

Always nice to read the fine print......

with the new 1.05.32.02 it never fixed....it never find my motherboard led!

eviqine wrote:
with the new 1.05.32.02 it never fixed....it never find my motherboard led!

Try this!
Original by AlexGS
1.- Uninstall previous Aura versions (or even this new one) by going into the Control Panel > Programs and Features
2.- Run Aura Cleaner
3.- Run CCleaner
4.- Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS and delete the Aura folder.
4.5.- When I tried to delete it, I couldnt because there was one service that was using it, so I restarted the PC and then I was able to delete it.
5.- Run CCleaner again
6.- Turn off PC and unplug the PSU for about 30 seconds.
7.- Right Click on the .ZIP of Aura 1.05.27
8.- At the very bottom there's a checkbox that says Unblock, mark that checkbox and Apply>Ok.
9.- Extract files
10.- Right Click on file "AsusSetup.exe" > Properties > Compatibility and check the box of "Run this program as an administrator" > Hit Apply > Ok.
11.- Run the AsusSetup.exe and restart when the setup tells you to do it.
12.-Once back in Windows, don't run the program yet. Shut down the PC and unplug the PSU for abother 30 seconds.
13.- Run Aura SW and should be working now.

unbr34k4bl3 wrote:
Try this!
Original by AlexGS
1.- Uninstall previous Aura versions (or even this new one) by going into the Control Panel > Programs and Features
2.- Run Aura Cleaner
3.- Run CCleaner
4.- Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS and delete the Aura folder.
4.5.- When I tried to delete it, I couldnt because there was one service that was using it, so I restarted the PC and then I was able to delete it.
5.- Run CCleaner again
6.- Turn off PC and unplug the PSU for about 30 seconds.
7.- Right Click on the .ZIP of Aura 1.05.27
8.- At the very bottom there's a checkbox that says Unblock, mark that checkbox and Apply>Ok.
9.- Extract files
10.- Right Click on file "AsusSetup.exe" > Properties > Compatibility and check the box of "Run this program as an administrator" > Hit Apply > Ok.
11.- Run the AsusSetup.exe and restart when the setup tells you to do it.
12.-Once back in Windows, don't run the program yet. Shut down the PC and unplug the PSU for abother 30 seconds.
13.- Run Aura SW and should be working now.

No luck for me using this method 😞

Gunnar wrote:
I have ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) and it does not have RGB-Header too. I hate Asus for their bad information abou this. If a board is named to be ready for Aura no one looks for the fine differences to see that there is Aura for MB and for RAM but not for external fans or power supplies using RGB-headers. What a mess!

I did not solve the problem either but i bougt a Cooler Master RGB LED Controller MFY-RCSN-NNUDK-R1. Therefore it is possible to control RGB-stuff without sync to Aura-installed components. Therefore you have to frequencies....

But this solution is better than selling the board and switching to a one with RGB-headers...

Always nice to read the fine print......

So would your suggestion be to plug it into one of the fans headers and just adjust or let it run by PWM? The Silverstone LSB01 has independent control feature. I'm hoping to find something to power that as well.

tenaflyvipers wrote:
So would your suggestion be to plug it into one of the fans headers and just adjust or let it run by PWM? The Silverstone LSB01 has independent control feature. I'm hoping to find something to power that as well.

So the Cooler Master RGB LED Controller MFY-RCSN-NNUDK-R1 is connected to the USB port and connected with a SATA power cable.
The devices can now be connected to the RGB Headers on the Cooler Master. Unfortunately, the software cannot be synchronized with Aura by the Cooler Master. So you always have 2 different color sequences: Devices that are controlled via aura, such as Ram, chipset cooler, external keyboard etc. and the devices via Cooler Master such as power supply, fan etc. But it is possible to set the same fixed color for both installed software for all devices as for example all devices should be blue or yellow. There's nothing more to synchronize.

Hi.

It does not recognize motherboard, gpu detects it but Aura fails when the lighting modes are changed. I have tried all the methods described and I still have the same problem. I have also tried the stable version and the same thing happens besides being transparent ...

Placa madre: 970 Pro Gaming AURA
Versión de BIOS: 1001
Procesador: AMD FX 8350
Sistema operativo: Windows 10 1709 Fall Creators
Kit de memoria: G.Skill RipjawsX 1866MHz 8Gbx2
Tarjeta gráfica: Strix GTX1070 08G Gaming
Aura versión: 1.05.32 (beta)

Honestly, what is going on with ASUS's software development? Is it this challenging to come out with working software with all of your hardware? I know so many people that are having issues. I can't even get Aura to startup anymore. I used the cleaner, safe startup, removed services, and reinstalled. Nothing works. Like what is actually going on here? What does ASUS need from me to get any of this working?

I've completely ran out of patience.

RGBJOY wrote:
Honestly, what is going on with ASUS's software development? Is it this challenging to come out with working software with all of your hardware? I know so many people that are having issues. I can't even get Aura to startup anymore. I used the cleaner, safe startup, removed services, and reinstalled. Nothing works. Like what is actually going on here? What does ASUS need from me to get any of this working?

I've completely ran out of patience.

They cant even resolve that simple firewall exception issue coming from the File Transfer component..

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?99205-File-Transfer-Component

I explained the customer representative so many times, added screen shots even.
Now hes asking for a video. He wont even understand the issue with a frigging Power Point presentation.

Fairly enough the moderator who did reply, did understand it quite easily, but he does not know how to push this forward.
Perhaps ASUS should buy a software company just for the sake of application maintenance. Indeed its way beyond ridiculous at this point.