cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AURA 1.05.28 & 1.05.32.02 [Report all issues in this thread]

AkaNe0
Level 10
A new version of AURA software is now available.

DOWNLOAD AURA v1.05.32.02 Beta

DOWNLOAD AURA v1.05.28

Read the FAQ

Changelog for v1.05.28:

• Corsair memory kit "CMR" 2x8GB are now detected
  • Fix stability issues
  • Fix occasional high CPU loading issues
  • Adjust effects settings
  • Fix task bar issue
  • Fix issue with Windows 10 Fall Creators Update
  • Add support for Fusion 500 Headset

Side note
->For X99 chipset motherboards: to enable DRAM LEDs control, please go to BIOS / Ai Tweaker (or Extreme Tweaker) /DRAM Timing Control / DRAM SPD Write : Enabled
-> For Corsair Memory, due to hardware compatibility limitation, the Breathe and Color Cycle effect do not light on.
-> For the addressable LED, the limit is set at 60 LEDs. We are working on increasing this limit for future version.

Having issues?
Before reporting, make sure to follow the below steps:
-> Have the latest BIOS for your motherboard.
-> Have the latest drivers and firmware installed for all your AURA Sync products.
-> Uninstall previous version of AURA through the Control Panel and reboot your system.

If you are still having problems with installing Aura, follow those steps:

1. Uninstall Aura through the control panel
2. Run Aura Cleaner tool available here
3. Shut down your computer completely (from the PSU / power plug).
4. Download the latest version of AURA available.
5. Unzip the zip file, right click on the “Setup” and under Properties\Compatibility, select “Run as administrator”. Apply and close Properties window.
6. Run "Setup" and reboot your system.

To report an issue
Please provide a detail description of your problem and your system specs, including:
Motherboard:
BIOS version:
Processor:
Memory kit:
Graphics card:
Mouse:
Keyboard:
Cooling solution:
Aura version:

Know issues:
1. Z170-Pro Gaming AURA users have problem with AURA UI being transparent.
2. Claymore flickering in breathing mode every 2 min
3. CPU usage / crash for some system configuration
And don't forget, Keep pushing it !
386 REPLIES 386

Installed the latest version since it became available - now it crashes multiple times. It also doesn't show the motherboard LED on the software sometimes. Maybe due to the latest Win 10 update ~ https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4090913/march5-2018kb4090913osbuild16299-251

March 5, 2018—KB4090913 (OS Build 16299.251)

Would love to hear your thoughts..thanks!

P.S.

BIOS 612 is also up...looking forward on your thoughts

intalled latest version and after waking up from sleep the motherboard led are off...
the work in sleep but when starting the go off...
funny thing is the gskill rgb ram are working like they should... just the mainboard led turn off...
i have the asus z370i gaming itx mainboard.

aslo noticed wometime when selecting diffrent colors and diffrent effects and going back and forth the single colors i selected are gone...

also i thnk its annoying u cant adjust the pulsing... i dont want it to shut off complety i just want it to pusle too very low brightness and then go back to full brightness again...
most effects are really cool but something always makes them look funny... for example the komet would be great if there wasnt a huge white BLINK at the end.. same for yo yo... some options whe u can turn these off or on would be grea... basically just 10 more effects also would do the job 😄 the most stuff is already written a million times for android and raspy it should be hard to copy these codes... i dont know why this lags so far behind... look at the arduino scene there is so much potential in led this is just very very minimizied what we are seeing here....

also i would like a software for all asus projects... corsair did pretty good i think with link .. somthin similiar should be the standart.. nobody wants to install 4 programms....

theWanderer521 wrote:
Installed the latest version since it became available - now it crashes multiple times. It also doesn't show the motherboard LED on the software sometimes. Maybe due to the latest Win 10 update ~ https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4090913/march5-2018kb4090913osbuild16299-251

March 5, 2018—KB4090913 (OS Build 16299.251)

Would love to hear your thoughts..thanks!

P.S.

BIOS 612 is also up...looking forward on your thoughts

uninstall the apps from the Microsoft store, facebook, twiiter, Instagram, etc. all those apps, crash the aura, 2 are install in the windows by default. I use a lot of social media. and I was happy to install those, so I can not use the web browsers. As soon those where in crash. even viewer was full. I uninstall those clean temps, clean cache restart and aura was working again. try that. it works for me. There is another why, but NDA for me. SOON.
Learn, Play Enjoy!

Few weeks ago when I updated Win 10 - AURA kept crashing and sometimes doesn't show my mobo LED on the software.

Right now, after this new Win10 update - https://support.microsoft.com/en-ph/help/4088776/windows-10-update-kb4088776

AURA runs again smoothly, shows the mobo LED.
I am still observing - you'll never know ~ Aura has been a pain since it became available.

P.S.

Still haven't updated my BIOS 0612 - I am still waiting for feedback from the community.
Thanks and have a great week everyone!

Barefooter
Level 7
If you cannot install Aura or you are getting an error about "Can't open AsIO.sys" and it still installs but you have no control over anything first follow these instructions from the OP:

Having issues?
Before reporting, make sure to follow the below steps:
-> Have the latest BIOS for your motherboard.
-> Have the latest drivers and firmware installed for all your AURA Sync products.
-> Uninstall previous version of AURA through the Control Panel and reboot your system.

If you are still having problems with installing Aura, follow those steps:

1. Uninstall Aura through the control panel
2. Run Aura Cleaner tool available here
3. Shut down your computer completely (from the PSU / power plug).
4. Download the latest version of AURA available.
5. Unzip the zip file, right click on the “Setup” and under Properties\Compatibility, select “Run as administrator”. Apply and close Properties window.
6. Run "Setup" and reboot your system.

Next try one of these two solutions I've quoted from another thread. This worked for my Rampage VI Extreme after I had to reinstall Windows and was getting the "Can't open AsIO.sys" message.

Quote Originally Posted by sevpl View Post

I also had this problem.

A solution that helped me:
Right click the zip file and hit properties.
At the bottom click the "Unblock" check box then hit OK.

Unzip the zip and run AsusSetup.exe as Administrator. You must unblock the ZIP before you extract the files

Quote Originally Posted by m1a2tanky68 View Post

Hi I had same problem had to go to C:\Windows\SysWOW64\drivers\AsIO.sys > give your self permission through the security tab seem to fix it for me

Good luck and hope this works for you!

Terepin
Level 8
AURA is piece of crap. Always was. Ever since I bought STRIX Z270-F, it worked ONCE. All other times it crashes on start and I didn't receive any support whatsoever. So thanks for nothing, ASUS.

Kranolf
Level 7
Hello!

I am having poblem with my asus strix z370-f motherboard, for months now I've been trying to fix this but I can't. The motherboard IS NOT RECOGNIZED by the aura software. I've tried this method https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKVWP0_vfko but it doesn't work. I've tried to reinstall it multiple times but I can't.

My rams are recognized by the software, and I can set the lights for them without any issues. But this motherboard color cycle is annoying.

Any suggestions?