cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AURA 1.05.28 & 1.05.32.02 [Report all issues in this thread]

AkaNe0
Level 10
A new version of AURA software is now available.

DOWNLOAD AURA v1.05.32.02 Beta

DOWNLOAD AURA v1.05.28

Read the FAQ

Changelog for v1.05.28:

• Corsair memory kit "CMR" 2x8GB are now detected
  • Fix stability issues
  • Fix occasional high CPU loading issues
  • Adjust effects settings
  • Fix task bar issue
  • Fix issue with Windows 10 Fall Creators Update
  • Add support for Fusion 500 Headset

Side note
->For X99 chipset motherboards: to enable DRAM LEDs control, please go to BIOS / Ai Tweaker (or Extreme Tweaker) /DRAM Timing Control / DRAM SPD Write : Enabled
-> For Corsair Memory, due to hardware compatibility limitation, the Breathe and Color Cycle effect do not light on.
-> For the addressable LED, the limit is set at 60 LEDs. We are working on increasing this limit for future version.

Having issues?
Before reporting, make sure to follow the below steps:
-> Have the latest BIOS for your motherboard.
-> Have the latest drivers and firmware installed for all your AURA Sync products.
-> Uninstall previous version of AURA through the Control Panel and reboot your system.

If you are still having problems with installing Aura, follow those steps:

1. Uninstall Aura through the control panel
2. Run Aura Cleaner tool available here
3. Shut down your computer completely (from the PSU / power plug).
4. Download the latest version of AURA available.
5. Unzip the zip file, right click on the “Setup” and under Properties\Compatibility, select “Run as administrator”. Apply and close Properties window.
6. Run "Setup" and reboot your system.

To report an issue
Please provide a detail description of your problem and your system specs, including:
Motherboard:
BIOS version:
Processor:
Memory kit:
Graphics card:
Mouse:
Keyboard:
Cooling solution:
Aura version:

Know issues:
1. Z170-Pro Gaming AURA users have problem with AURA UI being transparent.
2. Claymore flickering in breathing mode every 2 min
3. CPU usage / crash for some system configuration
And don't forget, Keep pushing it !
386 REPLIES 386

GeneralT001 wrote:
So,

I have had the issue of no MB RGB lights, on my brand new ROG Strix Z370-F MB, for sometime now and have tried everything under the sun to get them working (BIOS/Aura install - uninstall/ take MB out and confirm RGB cable is plugged in - twice) but nothing made a difference. I didn't want to do a fresh install of Win 10 - as this was already a fresh install with this build.

Then, today, ASUS asked me to use Aura V1.04.29 and F**K IT WORKED!! 🙂

Thank You ASUS!!

Who would have thought that not having these lights would mean so much in getting them back (excuse here...I'm tearing up :))

All is right in the world again and am back being an ASUS fan boy!!

Would like to know why this older version 1.04.29 works though??

Many thanks again ASUS!!

This fixes my problem with high CPU usage but the old version has way too few features.

I just built my PC a day or so ago, and haven't been able to use the Aura software, nor have I been able to light up the RGB on my motherboard, while my CPU Cooler & Case Fans which are both RGB with Aura Sync have a static Cyan like colour which I can't change.
I tried using the 1.05.28 v of Aura, but got the unable to obtain error, while switching to beta or older versions simply crashes aura and generates a drdump.
I tried all solutions from unblocking the ZIP file, to resetting the bios and everything else.
Any help would be appreciated.

Motherboard: ROG X370-F Strix Gaming (RGB with Aura Sync capability)
BIOS version: 3803
Processor: R7 1700
Memory kit: Corsair Vengeance 16GB C14 (No RGB)
Graphics card: GT 710 (No RGB)
Mouse: Gamdias Ourea FPS
Keyboard: Gamdias Ares 7
Cooling solution: Wraith Spire (RGB with Aura Sync capability)
Aura version: 1.05.28

Hoping to get this to work with the motherboard, the NEOChanger, and a thermaltake riing 12 fan setup as well as a thermaltake rgb toughpower.

Motherboard:X99-E-10G WS
BIOS version:0802 (latest)
Processor: E5-2680v3
Memory kit: Crucial CT4K16G4RFD4213 (non-RGB)
Graphics card: XFX 7970 (non-RGB)
Mouse: Razer Mamba 2012
Keyboard: Logitech (non-RGB)
Cooling solution: Entermax NEOChanger (connected to RGB header)
Aura version: 1.05.25 and 28 (Unable to obtain the AURA-enabled device information), 1.05.32.02 (crashes at launch), 1.04.29_2017_0419 (works, but NEOChanger doesn't change from shades of blue and won't calibrate.

currently using "Rainbow Mode". everyhing works fine until the RGB light on my memory (at random time) stuck at one colour. and the RGB light on the motherboard keeps cycling on random colour per about 3s.

i need to restart my pc in order to make them runs normally.

Motherboard: ASUS Z370-E
BIOS version: 0607
Processor: Intel Core 17-8700k CPU @3.70GHz
Memory kit: Corsair DDR4 Vengeance RGB PC21000 16GB (2X8GB) - CMR16GX4M2A2666C16
Graphics card: HIS Radeon R9 390 IceQ X2
Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Core
Keyboard: Ducky Shine 6
Cooling solution: Noctua Nh-U14s
Aura version: 1.05.32.02 (also tried 1.05.28 with same problem)

Hello all. First post here after lurking for 8+ years. I recently did a fresh Windows install on an ASUS Maximus VIII Formula. I also flashed the newest bios, which may have or not have broken the newest ASUS Aura software. I flashed back to the old bios and it still wouldn't work.

However, if you simply want to get your RGB strips up and running, you can simply download the version of Aura listed here: http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/misc/utils/Lighting_Control_1_01_16.zip

It is a much older version, but it works perfectly.

loganluther wrote:
Hello all. First post here after lurking for 8+ years. I recently did a fresh Windows install on an ASUS Maximus VIII Formula. I also flashed the newest bios, which may have or not have broken the newest ASUS Aura software. I flashed back to the old bios and it still wouldn't work.

However, if you simply want to get your RGB strips up and running, you can simply download the version of Aura listed here: http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/misc/utils/Lighting_Control_1_01_16.zip

It is a much older version, but it works perfectly.

Thanks so much for the quick fix!

I recently upgraded to a Rog Maximus X Hero and Rog Strix 1080 Ti and been struggling with a frustrating problem. I am having issues with my Aura lighting not always remembering its setting and my soundcard acting strange by randomly killing my microphone.

I have a Creative Soundblaster Omni external USB soundcard which has worked perfectly on my previous PC with no issues. However, since the upgrade, I've run into an issue with my soundcard and Aura drivers. They don't seem to get along well at all, I've done a ton of tests to figure out what's causing this.

Randomly my microphone will stop working and I have to unplug, replug my USB sound card. Another thing is I cannot open the AURA software as long as my Soundcard is plugged in, sometimes I'll get a crash report However if I unplug my soundcard and wait until I get into windows log-in screen which gives the drivers enough time to start up (as I notice my strix 1080ti change from default orange breathing effect to a static blue colour which i set) and then plug in my sound card it all seems to be fine. I can open AURA and Soundblaster and they work okay but still later on and quite randomly (within 10 minutes to a few hours) my mic will stop working again.

If i completely uninstall AURA drivers my sound card works perfectly fine with no issues at all. Which I would be happy to do as it looks like the motherboard remembers its RGB settings but unfortunely the GPU RGB doesn't and reset to default on complete shutdown.

At times I'll leave the soundcard plugged in on boot and if the Aura drivers manage to load before my sound card then both seem to work okay, sometimes I'll get lucky and my mic will work fine nearly for the whole day however there's still the issue with my mic input dieing. It's honestly quite random but this only happens as long as I have AURA installed or LightingService.exe running in the background. I notice this as my soundcard won't light up at windows log-in screen right away and the AURA drivers will set my GPU lighting to blue, and then 5-10 seconds later my soundcard will light up. I tried to delay the startup of the LightingService.exe (Automatic, delayed on services) but then the RGB settings wouldn't set for the GPU (mobo just seems to remember it's last configuration). I couldn't find a similar service for my soundcard so couldn't try delay that startup)

Once i get into windows and aura has managed to set all RGB lighting correctly and then restart my PC the GPU will remember the last lighting configuration, but doesn't on shutdown and then boot up. Is there a way to make the GPU remember, as that way I can set the RGB colours and disable the Aura (LightingService.exe) or uninstall the software while I don't need it.

I also tried to uninstall both Aura and Soundblaster, install Aura first and then install Soundblaster and vice versa but no luck there and thought I'd try use the USB passthrough on my keyboard for the soundcard and various other USB slots (Keybot II slot too).

I've been at it for nearly a week trying all sorts of things to get it to work but now I'm here hoping we can find a way around this.

Thanks for your time and for reading my long post 🙂 If you need me to try anything, get any logs etc. please let me know.

Motherboard: ROG Maximus X Hero
BIOS version: 8601
Processor: i7 8700K
Memory kit: Corsair Vengence 3200MHz
Graphics card: ROG Strix 1080 Ti
Mouse: Razer Deathadder
Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow V2
Cooling solution: Corsair H110i
Aura version: 1.05.28

Hi, I built my computer a month ago and as soon as I did I tried installing Aura Sync. I had no issues installing, but as I ran the Aura Sync as admin, the program wouldn't even start and a "ASUS AURA has stopped working" message would pop up sending me to this page:
https://drdump.com/UploadedReport.aspx?DumpID=19780761&SecondVisit=1
One month later Im trying again with different versions and I still have the same problem, but its not redirecting me to that website anymore, just the "ASUS AURA has stopped working.
I tried running the cleaner, but as I install and run it, no program starts up, just a window that instantly dissapears. I checked on my Task Manager and can't find any process related to Aura Sync or Lightning Control.

My setup:
MOBO: ROG Strix X370F Gaming
BIOS Version: 3803
Processor: Ryzen 7 1700 (w/ Wraith SPIRE cooler)
Memory Kit: G.Skills TridentZ 2x8 RGB
Graphics Card: ROG Strix 1070Ti
Case: Phanteks P400S Elite
As you can see, I bought all my setup with rgb so I could take advantage of the Aura Sync software, but this feature has been completely useless so far.
Mouse: Roccat Kone xtd
Keyboard: Roccat Isku fx

I have tried with multiple versions of Aura Sync / Lightning Control. (yes, I tried uninstalling, rebooting, unplugging PSU, resinstalling with different versions, etc.)
At the moment, the RGB on the mobo, ram and gpu are making a rainbow effect (Default) and the Wraith SPIRE cooler for the processor is also at default settings (static red)

Hope you can help me find a solution for this. Thank you very much.

So this is just a copy and paste of my comment in the thread I made before someone redirected me here.

Let's start with specs:

ASUS STRIX z270-i
Intel i7 7700k
Windows 10 Pro

I've updated to the most recent version of AURA. Though the issue has be there for a couple of versions now. The program starts off only using 1-2%, but within a very short time it it will go up to 14-15% cpu usage and stay there. Once that happens, whatever "animations" i have set it stop working and it simply stays on whatever the current color is.

For this instance, I typically have it on smart to change from green to yellow to red depending on temps.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled multiple times. I always update to the newest version, but nothing. At this point, I feel like AURA is complete trash, but figured I'd ask to make sure it's not me before I give up all hope on what has so far been a very unpleasant experiences with this piece of software.

Hello everybody,
I build up my new Rig in October 2017 and installed a fresh Win10 including the current versions of the Asus Software Deployment for my z370 F.

In this time the RGB of my Gskills Tridentz works, my Phantek CPU Watercooler works, my Mobo lights work as well.
So everything could be configured and lights up in the desired colors.

At this Point of time I don't now how somebody could have Problems with the Aura Software.

After 3 month of usage the Problems occure, the RAM Shows the rainbow effect (I never wanted), the mobo lights glow during the pc has been shut down (despite of the fact I shut them) and so on.

When I try to start the Software Dr. Dump comes up and not the software. So I tryed everything I found in the WWW. For example:
- No Power Input
- Deinstall / Install
- Disable fast start up of Windows
- Use the asus deinstall tool because Windows wasn't able to delete it (even if I shut down every process)

I was happy when I see that there is an update of Aura because of an Windows update. Because I got one during this time period.
But this update did not Change anything.

I also updated every other Driver/Software/BIOS with the advertised Version from the Mainboard Page.

At least sometimes its possible for me to start the Programm. After proceeding the above mentioned steps.
Then I'am able to set the Color/effect for my Tridentz, but nothing else. Even the Onboard Mobo lights weren't available in this ..... Tool.

This tool costs me a lot of time and there doesn't seem to be an solution at the Moment.

Is there a way to config one file which says everything lights up in permanent blue for example? This tool is frustrating at the Moment, so a simple manual configuration would be enough.
What I am wondering is, that the Mobo and CPU Cooler remember there Settings for the whole time. No effect by the deinstall and install processes and the fact that they arent available in the tool anymore.