cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AURA 1.05.28 & 1.05.32.02 [Report all issues in this thread]

AkaNe0
Level 10
A new version of AURA software is now available.

DOWNLOAD AURA v1.05.32.02 Beta

DOWNLOAD AURA v1.05.28

Read the FAQ

Changelog for v1.05.28:

• Corsair memory kit "CMR" 2x8GB are now detected
  • Fix stability issues
  • Fix occasional high CPU loading issues
  • Adjust effects settings
  • Fix task bar issue
  • Fix issue with Windows 10 Fall Creators Update
  • Add support for Fusion 500 Headset

Side note
->For X99 chipset motherboards: to enable DRAM LEDs control, please go to BIOS / Ai Tweaker (or Extreme Tweaker) /DRAM Timing Control / DRAM SPD Write : Enabled
-> For Corsair Memory, due to hardware compatibility limitation, the Breathe and Color Cycle effect do not light on.
-> For the addressable LED, the limit is set at 60 LEDs. We are working on increasing this limit for future version.

Having issues?
Before reporting, make sure to follow the below steps:
-> Have the latest BIOS for your motherboard.
-> Have the latest drivers and firmware installed for all your AURA Sync products.
-> Uninstall previous version of AURA through the Control Panel and reboot your system.

If you are still having problems with installing Aura, follow those steps:

1. Uninstall Aura through the control panel
2. Run Aura Cleaner tool available here
3. Shut down your computer completely (from the PSU / power plug).
4. Download the latest version of AURA available.
5. Unzip the zip file, right click on the “Setup” and under Properties\Compatibility, select “Run as administrator”. Apply and close Properties window.
6. Run "Setup" and reboot your system.

To report an issue
Please provide a detail description of your problem and your system specs, including:
Motherboard:
BIOS version:
Processor:
Memory kit:
Graphics card:
Mouse:
Keyboard:
Cooling solution:
Aura version:

Know issues:
1. Z170-Pro Gaming AURA users have problem with AURA UI being transparent.
2. Claymore flickering in breathing mode every 2 min
3. CPU usage / crash for some system configuration
And don't forget, Keep pushing it !
386 REPLIES 386

AkaNe@Asus wrote:

Does your motherboard was detected with the 1.05.28 version?

Thanks for the response. So before my system upgraded to the Fall Creators Update, I was using the .28 version and everything was fine memory and motherboard both detected. After the upgrade to Windows 10 1709, the .28 version will not start (crashes every time I tried) . The beta version will start and detect the memory no problem, but the motherboard does not show up.

Thanks again.

AkaNe@Asus wrote:
1. Uninstall AURA.
2. Run AURA CC Cleaner
3. Reinstall AURA.

Does lighting problem occur with other effects, or only Rainbow?
Do you do anything particular for it to crash?

Please add some screenshot of your Aura UI + system if possible.

Does your motherboard was detected with the 1.05.28 version?

Thanks for reply. I make two videos.

1) Startup of PC after power supply removal: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmiTTItH8XE

2) Dying of RGB after couple minutes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ra84vWJJabk

Aura sometimes detect my motherboard but sometimes not. But if i try change some effect nothing happens, default didnt helps too.

https://imgur.com/a/IHAHd foto

Im now in state, when even if i complatly remove aura lights they didnt work at all. I think AURA RGB firmware is f*cked for me. Any way to reflesh it or something? Or RMA this MB? Im really hopeless, I spend so many time on this...

Btw. suggested fix didnt help.

with the last update...aura never find my motherboard with the previous..sometimes aura find my motherboard...what happen with this app?it become more worse with the new updateS?

It is possible to force the software into enabling more than 120 LEDs, but anything past 120 does not light.
This leads me to believe there is a hardware/firmware limitation on the number of LEDs that can be driven.

namAehT wrote:
It is possible to force the software into enabling more than 120 LEDs, but anything past 120 does not light.
This leads me to believe there is a hardware/firmware limitation on the number of LEDs that can be driven.

Or the API isn't written to handle more than 120 - while you could technically 'hack' the UI to show more, and seemingly accept it, the API doesn't know what to do with any more, my guess is there's some loop that is set to 120 or something similar...

same issue

https://drdump.com/UploadedReport.aspx?DumpID=19886023&SecondVisit=1

Motherboard: maximus ix hero
BIOS version: latest
Processor: 7700k
Memory kit: gskill trident z 2x8gb 3000mhz
Graphics card: 1080 ti
Mouse:
Keyboard:
Cooling solution: custom lcs
Aura version: 1.05.32.02

Ghozer wrote:
Or the API isn't written to handle more than 120 - while you could technically 'hack' the UI to show more, and seemingly accept it, the API doesn't know what to do with any more, my guess is there's some loop that is set to 120 or something similar...

I got fed up with waiting and put an Arduino in my case to control my addressable strips. Communicates with the PC over COM and I'm in the process of writing my own software for lighting. Just wish that the Aura SDK wasn't useless so I could control my board LEDs aswell.

I'll post a video showing off the lighting soon™.

Hi,

I posted my issues as a separate post - before seeing this dedicated post to Aura issues...sorry.

ROG Strix Z370-F
i7 8700k
G Skillz RGB Trident 4 x 16GB DDR4 3200
NVidia 750 Ti GPU (I know I should upgrade)

My problems sound similar to a number of folks:

• after working for awhile I have lost the RGB light on the MB (it is selected on in the BIOS)
  • the MB is greyed out in the Aura software and multiple uninstall/reinstall hasn't changed that so can't do anything with it
  • even though I have selected to have the RGB lights (only have the RAM ones currently) go off when the computer sleeps, they stay on

I did download CC Cleaner and ran it on the registry after uninstalling Aura, but same issues after reinstalling.

I've done all the unplugging of power and battery removal and hasn't helped at all.

Any suggestions on how to get this working?

GeneralT001 wrote:
Hi,

I posted my issues as a separate post - before seeing this dedicated post to Aura issues...sorry.

ROG Strix Z370-F
i7 8700k
G Skillz RGB Trident 4 x 16GB DDR4 3200
NVidia 750 Ti GPU (I know I should upgrade)

My problems sound similar to a number of folks:

• after working for awhile I have lost the RGB light on the MB (it is selected on in the BIOS)
  • the MB is greyed out in the Aura software and multiple uninstall/reinstall hasn't changed that so can't do anything with it
  • even though I have selected to have the RGB lights (only have the RAM ones currently) go off when the computer sleeps, they stay on

I did download CC Cleaner and ran it on the registry after uninstalling Aura, but same issues after reinstalling.

I've done all the unplugging of power and battery removal and hasn't helped at all.

Any suggestions on how to get this working?

Try turning LED OFF in BIOS, F10, then turn back on. Worked for me. GL

DCastillo wrote:
Try turning LED OFF in BIOS, F10, then turn back on. Worked for me. GL

Gave it ago (again) still no joy. I think I have done everything mentioned in these threads - except for checking if the cable somehow disconnected from the plastic shroud, but don't think that is likely as it worked for a couple of days before it died altogether. Mind you, I guess that would explain why the motherboard is always greyed out in Aura.

But, then again, if I do turn the EVGA PSU off and then back on the RGB will illuminate for the briefest time - but at least that would indicate that power is avail - but is being shutoff somewhere else - perhaps in software?

Aura does show the DRAM and other headers - just not the MB.