cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AURA 1.05.28 & 1.05.32.02 [Report all issues in this thread]

AkaNe0
Level 10
A new version of AURA software is now available.

DOWNLOAD AURA v1.05.32.02 Beta

DOWNLOAD AURA v1.05.28

Read the FAQ

Changelog for v1.05.28:

• Corsair memory kit "CMR" 2x8GB are now detected
  • Fix stability issues
  • Fix occasional high CPU loading issues
  • Adjust effects settings
  • Fix task bar issue
  • Fix issue with Windows 10 Fall Creators Update
  • Add support for Fusion 500 Headset

Side note
->For X99 chipset motherboards: to enable DRAM LEDs control, please go to BIOS / Ai Tweaker (or Extreme Tweaker) /DRAM Timing Control / DRAM SPD Write : Enabled
-> For Corsair Memory, due to hardware compatibility limitation, the Breathe and Color Cycle effect do not light on.
-> For the addressable LED, the limit is set at 60 LEDs. We are working on increasing this limit for future version.

Having issues?
Before reporting, make sure to follow the below steps:
-> Have the latest BIOS for your motherboard.
-> Have the latest drivers and firmware installed for all your AURA Sync products.
-> Uninstall previous version of AURA through the Control Panel and reboot your system.

If you are still having problems with installing Aura, follow those steps:

1. Uninstall Aura through the control panel
2. Run Aura Cleaner tool available here
3. Shut down your computer completely (from the PSU / power plug).
4. Download the latest version of AURA available.
5. Unzip the zip file, right click on the “Setup” and under Properties\Compatibility, select “Run as administrator”. Apply and close Properties window.
6. Run "Setup" and reboot your system.

To report an issue
Please provide a detail description of your problem and your system specs, including:
Motherboard:
BIOS version:
Processor:
Memory kit:
Graphics card:
Mouse:
Keyboard:
Cooling solution:
Aura version:

Know issues:
1. Z170-Pro Gaming AURA users have problem with AURA UI being transparent.
2. Claymore flickering in breathing mode every 2 min
3. CPU usage / crash for some system configuration
And don't forget, Keep pushing it !
386 REPLIES 386

AkaNe@Asus wrote:
I will take your previous question again to provide answers.

1. The only modes that seem to work are Static, Breathing, and Color Cycle. When I select any other mode, it thinks for a few seconds and then goes back to Color cycle.

Strange behavior. Can you try to unsync all devices (using On/OFF), and one by one Sync device and try other effects to see how it goes.

2. My Addressable RGB Strip from CableMods does not light up. It is connected to the first header on the motherboard. It seems to be detected in the software. In the settings menu, it shows ADD Strip, and I changed the "LED Numbers" value to 15. (I am assuming that value is referring to the number of LEDs on the strip. The default was 60)

Correct, the number refers to the number of LED on the strip. Have you tried to use Calibration settings?
Also, make sure the strip is properly connected - the 5V need to go where you have the arrow.

3. When I select the DRAM or ADD Strip from the ribbon menu at the top of the window, I am assuming it un-links the component? I get a pop-up that says "Do you want to save the change ?" When I click "Yes", the application hangs and I have to force end the application.

Yes, the unlock button will unsync the device. Try again what I mentioned in question1

AkaNe@Asus,

Thank you for your continued efforts, I will try what you suggest and report back to you.
Thank you,
-Jsunn

AkaNe@Asus wrote:
I removed the link for now. We will have a newer version coming out very soon. I will upload the full change log, but yeas Gofran, the flickering issue will be fixed in that version. Some issue with Windows updates will also be fixed.

Should we uninstall existing version in order to upgrade? Or its possible just to update on top.

katlani wrote:
Should we uninstall existing version in order to upgrade? Or its possible just to update on top.

The previous version will uninstall first before installing the new version. To do so, simply open the Setup. It will uninstall. Then, reopen Setup again and the installation process will occur.

Kreyora wrote:
i have done some experimenting, where i have uninstalled all other controller software, and removed the LED strips, bios on latest version, and aura reinstalled with fresh download from motherboard support page, but the program may crash at random

the program will then open a dr.dump window and give me some adresses that do not seem right

this is what i will get, even tho the program worked 2 minutes ago

Install v1.05.32.02 to fix your issue (link with the windows update).

marksavio wrote:
sorry i didnt see this post sooner. i posted a bug on the Aura awhile ago
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?99302-ASUS-Aura-v1-05-28-(latest)-causing-high-CPU-turbo-s...

Firstly try to install 1.05.32.02 version.

Then, if issue still occur, can you provide your full specs details and any additional lighting software you might have. I advice you only install Aura software.

johnratchet3 wrote:
Hey all. Get a lovely 'Catastrophic failure' when trying to install any of the recent aura versions, and I'm posting here because I'm at my wits' end. A fair few people have reported the problem, but I haven't seen a solution yet (short of refresh/reformat). I've tried;

• Uninstalling everything aura/asus related (except Ai charger, which is irrelevant right?). Aura persists in the program list and cannot be removed due to 'the specified module cannot be found'.
  • Manually removing the aura program files to no avail.
  • Uninstalled my logitech software.
  • Uninstalled asus gpu tweak.
  • Ran ccleaner through the registry a few times.
  • Restarted the comp after each of these attempts.

Long story short; damn the muppet who thought "can't be done" is a useful error message to anyone. My board is a Prime x370-pro. Any advice?
Edit; Adding that I've run the AI suite cleaner, and ended the lighting.exe service to no effect either.

You can try 1.05.32.02 version first.

Uninstall previous version of AURA by running the Setup. Once done, re-run Setup and install AURA - reboot your computer.

If it still do not work, can you specify if the LEDs of your motherboard are on?

unbr34k4bl3 wrote:
Please provide a detail description of your problem and your system specs, including:
Aura Sync doesn't seem to be able to connect to the motherboard. BIOS 401didn't have the issue. With all the same specs. So does the Fan (Masterfan Pro RGB) which is directly connected to the top RGB Header.
Motherboard: Asus ROG Maximus X Hero (WiFi/AC)
BIOS version: 1003
Processor: i7 8700k
Memory kit: 4 x 8GB DDR4 Trident Z RGB
Graphics card: Asus GTX 1080 TI Strix 11GB
Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum
Keyboard: Corsair K70 RapidFire
Cooling solution: Noctua NH-U15 Cooler (Masterfan Pro 140mm Fan on top RGB header) / Stock on GPU
Aura version: 1.05.28

Edit1: I'm also running Corsair Software in the background, which worked before the BIOS Update.
Edit2: Screenshot of my BIOS added.

Can you try the 1.05.32.02 version. If still no result, please reinstall Corsair Link. Then shutdown your computer and restart. Reinstall AURA.
And don't forget, Keep pushing it !

sorry i didnt see this post sooner. i posted a bug on the Aura awhile ago

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?99302-ASUS-Aura-v1-05-28-(latest)-causing-high-CPU-turbo-s...

Hey all. Get a lovely 'Catastrophic failure' when trying to install any of the recent aura versions, and I'm posting here because I'm at my wits' end. A fair few people have reported the problem, but I haven't seen a solution yet (short of refresh/reformat). I've tried;

• Uninstalling everything aura/asus related (except Ai charger, which is irrelevant right?). Aura persists in the program list and cannot be removed due to 'the specified module cannot be found'.
  • Manually removing the aura program files to no avail.
  • Uninstalled my logitech software.
  • Uninstalled asus gpu tweak.
  • Ran ccleaner through the registry a few times.
  • Restarted the comp after each of these attempts.

Long story short; damn the muppet who thought "can't be done" is a useful error message to anyone. My board is a Prime x370-pro. Any advice?

Edit; Adding that I've run the AI suite cleaner, and ended the lighting.exe service to no effect either.

New version seems to be working finally on my PC with the 1070 Strix OC, no errors or pop ups on restart so far.
Thanks ASUS!

Sanorin wrote:
New version seems to be working finally on my PC with the 1070 Strix OC, no errors or pop ups on restart so far.
Thanks ASUS!

Which version are you using?

luexi wrote:
Which version are you using?

My apologies, I think I posted in the wrong thread. I meant the last version of GPU Tweak II 1.6.0.5 that comes with AURA only for graphic card. I guess the AURA in this thread is something different? Sorry, I'm new here...

can i have Version 1.05.32 of AURA ? i want to try it