cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Audio Issues When Streaming - Possible Sonic Studio Issue?

godlesswonder1
Level 7
Recently purchased an ASUS ROG G703GS-WS71.

I'm unable to stream with the machine, as the audio does not send properly. It's as if the 'center' doesn't send, but instead only areas of the surround do.

Example; The menu clicks and some random ambient sounds in game are just audible, but the music and dialogue can't be heard at all. This occurs regardless of the game being played (we've tried half a dozen or so now) or software used to stream (both OBS and Xsplit have been tried with identical results).

I have exhausted every setting and install/reinstall of all relevant software/drivers that I could come up with.

I find numerous posts when searching about this, concerning audio issues with Sonic Studio 3, especially when it comes to games. That said, I can't say I've found the exact same issue, and I haven't actually found any workable solutions.

I'm not sure if the software conflicts with Realtek somehow or...?

Streaming was the primary reason we purchased this laptop, and we've been trying to deal with this and other issues for literally *weeks* now. It's beyond frustrating.

Any suggestions very much appreciated. Thx!

Realtek Audio Driver V6.0.1.8544
ASUS Sonic Studio 3 V3.6.42.51937

i7-8750H
GTX 1070
500GB Samsung 970 EVO NVMe SSD
1TB Seagate FireCuda
16GB DDR4
AURA Per Key RGB
3 REPLIES 3

MoKiChU wrote:
Hi,

Can you try the latest HDA Drivers (work on notebooks too) : https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?105878-DRIVERS-Realtek-HD-Audio-(HDA)

Will try this when I have access again (tomorrow).. Thanks for the response.

godlesswonder1 wrote:
Will try this when I have access again (tomorrow).. Thanks for the response.

You're welcome, use the FIRST INSTALL/CLEAN INSTALL tutorial.