cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS Your software is a disaster

RNG_AGESA
Level 9
You may think professional coding is not important for a hardware company. But I believe you are wrong. Both areas are important.
Your software currently is a horror. The best example of incompetence is Armory Crate for RGB.
Countless services are installed in the background and a bunch of startup entries that demonstrably slow down every modern system right from the start. If unnecessary background services are manually disabled, the software will not work.
A deliberate malicious construct by developers to their users.
The forum here
Summarized in one word; a disgrace. It never met common standards. It's slow and difficult. Just like any other software from ASUS.

OpenRGB shows how to do it right.
1 service in the background, full control over RGB

Hope 4080 Noctua Edition for the release of the new generation. The one without any light on it but cooling power.
Like hardware should be.
7 REPLIES 7

Rolda
Level 8
I agree. I have to use Armory create to control Ryujin II and AI Suite 3 to control other fans. This is crazy. Also, Armory create randomly freezes my PC when using Aura Sync.

Rolda wrote:
I agree. I have to use Armory create to control Ryujin II and AI Suite 3 to control other fans. This is crazy. Also, Armory create randomly freezes my PC when using Aura Sync.

Should Armoury Crate and Aura Sync co-exist on the same system?
Shoudn't Armoury Crate basically replace Auto Sync?

I'm still personally using Aura Sync only since I dont have much customization to be done for my 2017 system anyway.

katlani wrote:
Should Armoury Crate and Aura Sync co-exist on the same system?
Shoudn't Armoury Crate basically replace Auto Sync?

I'm still personally using Aura Sync only since I dont have much customization to be done for my 2017 system anyway.

I meant the Aura sync in Armory create, not the separate app.

ZeroCool22
Level 10
Agree, I only use Armoury Crate for the Noise Cancelling feature and how there is no option to choose what features you want to install, you get a lot of processes/services taking resources from your system that you will never use.

pndiode
Level 11
Not yet, Asus still has to include GPU Tweak III in Armoury Crate.

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?127768-what-is-with-Armory-Crate&highlight=Armory+Crate%3F

katlani
Level 9
so basically Aura Sync, Aura Sync (GPU) and AI Suite are within Armoury Crate all together?

katlani wrote:
so basically Aura Sync, Aura Sync (GPU) and AI Suite are within Armoury Crate all together?

Basically yes, only AI Suite (Fan Xpert 4) in Armory create fully supports only Intel Z690 chipset.