cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus System Interface V2 Drivers [Resolved]

transnone
Level 7
They have been broken on my Zephyrus Duo GX550LX since 2.2.27.0. Both 2.2.28.0 and 2.2.29.10 continue to not function on my device. Can we get some effort into correcting this? When the laptop boots up, only the 2.2.27.0 drivers will load whereas the functions remain unresponsive in the 2.2.28.0 and 2.2.29.10 drivers. I keep having to roll back these drivers. The latest two drivers require me to manually restart the Armoury Crate Service once the PC has loaded.

This is not to mention your Amroury Crate App still has excessive CPU usage under the User Session Helper...

Am I missing something?

Could we please start including release notes???
20 REPLIES 20

bfcblj wrote:
so what i found was after uninstalling armory and aura and then updating system control to version 2.2.31.0 and then rebooting. Asusoptimization service starts up automatically.
But then after i re-install the armory and aura service programs again and then reboot. On the next bootup, asusoptimizatio service doesn't start automatically. So i did your method of disabling lightning service but after another reboot, asusoptimization doesn't want to automatically start.

So I have to go back to square one again and roll back to system control interface versoin 2.2.27.0 for asusoptimization to start up automatically.

Sorry man, this software is awful. I literally tried this over and over until it worked. I also installed aura sync stand alone then uninstalled it to see if I could fix the broken directories and pointers in the registry. It's so finnicky...

Did you also remove the armoury crate service? This only worked after removing all the aura and crate related applications and services prior to updating the driver.

transnone wrote:
Sorry man, this software is awful. I literally tried this over and over until it worked. I also installed aura sync stand alone then uninstalled it to see if I could fix the broken directories and pointers in the registry. It's so finnicky...

Did you also remove the armoury crate service? This only worked after removing all the aura and crate related applications and services prior to updating the driver.

hey man dont need to apologize. ya i uninstalled all armory crate n service and aura and aura serivce. For a brief moment on version 2.2.31.0, asusoptimization service working automatically when there is no armory crate and aura gave me hope.

So there is something wrong with those armory and aura software that interfere with newer versions of asusoptimization serivice.

I never had to mess with the optimization service throughout this entire issue. Idk if its model dependent, I have the duo and the 20H2 latest windows update. Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling that service? I can recreate the issue by enabling the lighting service which then conflicts with the autostart of the crate service. If you want me to screen shot my installed apps or settings, just lmk.

transnone wrote:
I never had to mess with the optimization service throughout this entire issue. Idk if its model dependent, I have the duo and the 20H2 latest windows update. Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling that service? I can recreate the issue by enabling the lighting service which then conflicts with the autostart of the crate service. If you want me to screen shot my installed apps or settings, just lmk.

o im on fx505dt laptop. Seems that other people on the fx505 line are having same problem as me with newer than 2.2.27.0 system interface with asusoptimization service not starting properly.

yea im on the latest 20h2 windows 10 but this problem started in august with version 2.2.28.0 before 20h2 even came out.

About asusoptimization service, that comes as package with system interface v2. So when I update system interface to new version, asusoptimization service should get updated along with it.

bfcblj wrote:
o im on fx505dt laptop. Seems that other people on the fx505 line are having same problem as me with newer than 2.2.27.0 system interface with asusoptimization service not starting properly.

yea im on the latest 20h2 windows 10 but this problem started in august with version 2.2.28.0 before 20h2 even came out.

About asusoptimization service, that comes as package with system interface v2. So when I update system interface to new version, asusoptimization service should get updated along with it.

Interesting, I don't think the device matters. I was stuck at 2.2.27.0 too until I removed all of that software, rebooted, updated drivers, rebooted, installed armoury crate, rebooted, opened crate and let it whine about missing aura and the lighting service and let it reinstall it, rebooted. I did delete the Lighting Service directory in program files after removing everything first. Left the lighting service disabled, no issues with anything but aura since. I can still set all my lighting manually through the device profiles in crate.

transnone wrote:
Interesting, I don't think the device matters. I was stuck at 2.2.27.0 too until I removed all of that software, rebooted, updated drivers, rebooted, installed armoury crate, rebooted, opened crate and let it whine about missing aura and the lighting service and let it reinstall it, rebooted. I did delete the Lighting Service directory in program files after removing everything first. Left the lighting service disabled, no issues with anything but aura since. I can still set all my lighting manually through the device profiles in crate.

hm i will try again with your method since you rebooted more than me.

Update:
So i tried again and i discovered that when i am on versoin 2.2.31.0 with armory crate service and rog live service running but WITHOUT armory crate uwp installed, asusoptmization service starts automatically no problem.

As soon as I install armory crate uwp and then reboot after, asusoptimization service doesn't startup. I can replicate this 100% each time now by staying on version 2.2.31.0.

So it turns out the armory crate uwp is just bad software bug causing all this headache.

2nd update:
So knowing that system interface version 2.2.31.0 does work properly and staying on it to figure out how to make it work. I uninstalled all armory crate+service and aura+service and roglive service again.

This time i went to this https://www.asus.com/ca-en/supportonly/Armoury%20Crate/HelpDesk_Download/ page for direct install file for armory crate. After letting that installer do the work of installing armory crate uwp along with services and background programs and rebooting, finally asusoptimization starts up automatically with armory crate uwp installed and functioning.

So the previous attempts is because i was using armory crate service package from my own laptops driver page. So turns out, the asus laptops own driver page listed older buggy armorycrate service and roglive service files that were causing problems with the newer system interface 2.2.31.0.... So I had to go to the armory crate link that is asus own generic page to solve the whole issue...

Smh asus, how do you fail software support so bad that things just conflict and it ends up being the end user having to trial and error everything, qc/qa your own software to get it working right....

after 1 day of running, my laptop is now working fine on the newest system interface 2.2.31.0 and armory crate and services in sync.

bfcblj wrote:
after 1 day of running, my laptop is now working fine on the newest system interface 2.2.31.0 and armory crate and services in sync.

Does your lighting service interfere with armoury crate service?

transnone wrote:
Does your lighting service interfere with armoury crate service?

it doesn't

bfcblj wrote:
it doesn't

After reading your post and going to that link, I used the uninstaller, rebooted, and used the installer. Now it appears to work... Glad we could solve this together, lol!

It complains my devices have updates, and won't update though in Armoury Crate. Can't win them all!

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?120784-Armoury-crate-v3-1-5-0-v3-1-6-0-report-here-if-any-...